Camping in August

95 Reviews of 24 August Campgrounds

Joe B.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Dec. 31, 2021

Awesome stay!

This place is an amazing spot. Most places claim to be resorts, but this r.v. spot is an actual resort. With a clubhouse, pool, hot tub, propane, clean spots and plenty. Absolutely loved this place. With the amazing amenities comes a complementary price. But it was well worth it.

SiteE30
Month of VisitJanuary
Michael C.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Dec. 18, 2021

Return visit

We started our 5 month road adventure here and we ended it here. This place is CLEAN! Quiet and the staff are fantastic! Don’t change a thing guys

SiteE6
Month of VisitJanuary
Lloyd G.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Nov. 24, 2021

Deers-a-plenty

The lake has receded quite a but that one of the docks is about 100 yards from the actual lake now (California drought). The campsite was well maintained. Each camping section seams to have it's own restroom within 2 minutes walking distance. The wildlife was " people friendly" to say the least. I…

Month of VisitDecember
Ken M.
Reviewed Nov. 12, 2021

New Hogan Lake

For the price ($20) it's not bad. Plenty of shade. Nice and pieceful. My only gripe was the shower. Some didn't have enough water pressure and others didn't work at all. Right now the boat ramp at acorn is about half a mile from the water.

• Coffee smells best when you're camping.
SiteA6
Month of VisitDecember
Julie D.
Reviewed Nov. 7, 2021

Good times

We stayed here for a weekend on a whim in September, and there were a good amount of sites to pick from. We had a view of the lake and some shade at our site, and it was relatively quiet, so we were happy. The lake level was pretty low.

Month of VisitOctober
B
Reviewed Oct. 15, 2021

Just what I was looking for!

I wanted somewhere not too far to go and stay when my 5-6 year-old had 5 days off from school. This was perfect in so many ways.

Positives

- Amenities! I love how everything was themed, from the street names to the signs. Two nice playgrounds, ball courts, pool and hot tub. Watching your kids…

Month of VisitNovember
Katie B.
Reviewed Sep. 14, 2021

Great for kids under 14

We go with several families with kids 5-13 and they all have a blast. The price per night is very expensive but there are a lot of amenities. Nice playground, basketball court, volleyball, bouncy pillow, outdoor movies, pool, lazy river, water park, bumper boats, laser tag, boat rentals on the…

m
Reviewed Aug. 21, 2021

Solitary and Smokey

My first time towing my Airstream into a campground and I was glad the place was deserted. Not one single other camper. It got even more smoky the next day. I appreciated the water at the site. The lake really low, like all lakes in Cali.

Cynthia H.
Reviewed Aug. 18, 2021

Great place for boaters

Sugar barge is right on the delta. They have a boat trailer parking lot and a boat ramp. The rv spots are very close together. The bathrooms have been recently remodeled and are very nice. They rent kyacks and have a restaurant that looks right over the water.

Site?
D
Reviewed Aug. 14, 2021

New RVers

It's an easy to navigate park with many sites on the water. But beware of the bees!

• RV Park
  • Lake Camanche
SiteMonument RV Park

🥰

Great place love it here !

Sitelake barryessa

🥵

Woo hoo very hot plus everyone has been bitten up by bugs very bad not ok I wouldn’t recommend it

SiteModesto reservoir

Sucks

Can’t fish , can’t swim, can’t explore! Very rude staff !! Wouldn’t recommend @ all !

SiteBrennan island recreational park

So unprofessional

The camp staff were intoxicated and very offensive twords us . Calling us names very rude ! Scared the kids ! Because of a minor misunderstanding. The kids accidentally left with a fishing rod tht wasn’t ours bt when we found out ( which was the next day) we drove from sf ca to bethel island ca…

Sitepiper point marina bethel island ca