Mountainburg, ARKANSAS

Camping Arkansas Mountainburg

Most Recent Mountainburg Camping Reviews
Bad roads, close to city

Very sweet owner who is a one man show. There are pull through sites and full hookups. $38 a night for that. There’s a big field in the back where people were playing with their dogs and there are gazebo picnic areas. It’s only a few minutes from the city. The roads within the park are pretty rough, I was cringing while trying to find my spot. There’s some kind of factory in the back that could be annoying for the closer sites, but I couldn’t hear it from site 26 which was the last site on the middle row. Overall a good experience.

Good option

Reserved spots here solely because of availability for Memorial Day weekend. Basically every spot has water hookup EXCEPT the spots in the loop we were in (which is fine, we were aware before we arrived). Be prepared with as many leveling blocks as you can bring if you have a trailer. All spots seemed to have unlevel pads. We are planning to return but definitely not in the same spots we had.

Amazing park

I have tent camped, stayed in a cabin and used the “camper cabins” at this park. The tent sites are great and conveniently located next to a bathhouse. The camper cabins were awesome and also right next to an immaculate bathhouse. The cabins are older, but rustic and perfect. There is a pool. There are hiking trails of all difficulty levels and many points of interest. This is easily my favorite campground! Absolutely gorgeous!

Scenic Trail

I have only tent camped here, so can’t describe the RV sites. Tent campground was nice and close to a bathhouse. There is no pool or swimming in the falls. The trail to the waterfall is cute and the waterfall is pretty!

I have only stayed at this campground one time, but was very impressed! The whole park was beautifully maintained. All the sites seemed level and were not extremely close to one another. You are not allowed to swim in the lake, but there is a pool.

Awesome river camping!

Great place to camp and kayak. River view from our campsite, easy access to the river. The owners were awesome! They were so nice and accommodating. We will definitely be back!

Beautiful but crowded!!!

I should start by saying we went to the park on Mother’s Day weekend. This may have, and probably did impact the crowd. However, the number of people makes me think it is like this on most weekends. I asked a park ranger and they indicated it’s very busy on the weekend. Due to the parks proximity to AR and OKlahoma (literally almost on the border), it is a high day use park. The actual camping areas are really nice. I’d break it down like this: if I’m a tent, the sites are great all around. If you’ve got a camper like me, the rv sites are real close together. I shared a video explaining my top choice. I’d choose site 4 bc it backs up to the playground, lots of green space around, and short walking distance to bathhouse. If I were going with another family, as my brother and I often do, I’d go with sites 5&6. They are in a corner, also back up to playground, lots of green, and short walking distance from bathhouse. One draw back is there is only one bathhouse for all campers. This is a big drawback for me. With the number of sites and the number of people who visit, this sort of grossed me out just thinking about it. I took pics of the inside of the men’s showers. They looked ok, not great. If you’re counting on using the bathhouse, I don’t know about this park. The pros of the park are many. It’s beautiful. Lots of great trails with a good mix of easy-difficult. The signature water fall trail is beautiful. The park has a disc golf course that’s really nice and well maintained. Lots of picnic tables, grills, etc around. Nice playground, beach volleyball, and horse shoes, all near both the tent and rv sites. There’s also a huge green space/field of sorts for throwing a frisbee, soccer, etc which isn’t altogether common in parks. Overall, it’s a great little park, but I’m giving it 3 stars bc of the sheer volume of people you have to deal with and the bathhouse issue. These issues alone will keep me from ever camping there unless I go during the week.

Super nice

Wow

Very shady, treed sites.

We loved it here. Tons of trees throughout the campground. The sites are spread out and feel very private. Bathrooms and showers are clean too. No electric or water at the sites but there are potable water spigots available. There's a nice walking trail around the lake as well.

Mountaintop Gem

Mount Magazine is a mountaintop oasis in NW AR. It is definitely NOT a family SP. It is structured for adults to enjoy a peaceful, tranquil, serene campground. The campground is small and has a typical setup with 30/50A, water, fire ring and picnic table. There are only 18 sites and are booked WELL in advance. We had to book our site almost a year in advance.

There is not much to do in the campground. There is access to hiking trails and to Signal Hill (the highest point in AR). The lodge is gorgeous and the restaurant has a buffet on Friday nights that is very good. There was an annual yoga retreat the weekend we were there which crowded the lodge, but the cabins and lodge have beautiful views of the valley.

Mt. Magazine is an amazing park (for adults), and make an effort to get there!