The best DRIVE IN camping near
Tonto Village , ARIZONA

Most Recent Tonto Village Camping Reviews
Desert Oasis

Zane Gray RV Park is a hidden gem! The sites are shady, spacious and sparkling clean. There are hiking trails that lead to a nearby creek, beautiful bird feeders throughout the property, a nice dog run for furry friends and plenty of lush green grass for an impromptu picnic. The campers are friendly and the entire staff goes above and beyond to make your experience one to remember. We didn’t want to leave, but took solace in knowing we’ll be back soon.

Desert camping

There is many different pull through spots off this road. Pack it in and pack it out. Many different wildlife animals out. Great views.

Great place!

Great place! Hosts were friendly and very helpful!

Large Sites - Really Dusty

I camped here with my two dogs at the end September. I wanted to get a spot on the rim but it was full. Actually everything was really full. I'm glad I came up on a Friday afternoon otherwise I'm not sure where I wouldn't have gotten a site. The sites are large and fairly wooded. But super dusty. I planned on staying 3 nights but on Sunday afternoon almost everyone was gone. I couldn't see another camper from my site. Then a bit before dusk some guy stopped by to ask me for an air pump. Being a single woman (but with two dogs) it made me uncomfortable. Better safe than sorry. Packed it up and went home to take a much needed shower. It's a great location for visit the local lakes. I went to both Bear and Knoll lake in my Prius. (-:

Awesome Park, Friendly Staff, Will Return!

This park is really close to sedona, if Sedona is too booked it's an easy and pretty drive from this park to Sedona Arizona. The staff is very nice and they keep the grounds very clean. We are here in January and the end of December and it was a lot colder than I would have imagined. That doesn't change it for us it's still a great Park and we will come back. In other pictures I noticed that the park look like it was dirt lots however it is all gravel and very well maintained. The clubhouse the pool the showers the bathrooms are all really nice and it is kid friendly!

BEST BASE CAMP FOR SEDONA ADVENTURE

Verde Ranch was an amazing stay for us. The Customer Service and Hospitality was truly why we came back. All the amenities one could ask for. But what made our stay here awesome was the proximity to everything. Hiking, backpacking, off roading, and of course access to all the cool places in Flagstaff and Sedona.

Verde Ranch RV Resort did it right. This is where we will always stay for our Sedona adventures.

magnificent views

beautiful views, large cliffs, Dispersed camping

Stay right at Goldfield ghost town

The have a few electric and water sites, then more dry sites. Also horse corals, its neat being able to walk right into town, well worth a stop, sites are hard dirt, but adequate, spaced a little more apart on the dry sites, the electric/water sites back up to the town small railroad tracks and are much closer together. This is a great alternative when the lost Dutchman is full. 20 dollars to dry camp, but being able to walk into town was pretty cool. Seen roadrunner, quail, and doves, rabbits. A few coyotes howled at the moon at night, which was pretty cool to, off in the distance. I'd stay here again for the convenience.

One of our best sites yet.

camping in a 2 man tent, traveling in a raised 2WD. We took the dirt road to the end looking for a nice secluded spot, we passed a handful of sites for both rvs and tent. We found a small site in a dried out run off area past the second cattle guard.

We ventured down as far as we could go and carried our tent the remaining 20 or so meters.

Lots of dried wood around for kindling, enough stones to make a fire ring.

The sunrise and sunset here were spectacular, the lake provides an awesome blue.

Wonderful experience

We went over Thanksgiving and had a splendid time. The staff is super nice and awesome. There was so much to do from mini golf, painting classes, live music, dinners, karaoke, and free breakfast 3 days a week, hot tub and heated piol. There are lots of trees and it’s a great park to walk around. At the back you have the River you can walk around and you are surrounded with mountain views. Very dog friendly and they even have a dog park, and “office” dog. I would rebook here again we had such a lovely experience.