Camping in Canoe

Recent Reviews Near Canoe, Alabama

294 Reviews of 114 Canoe, Alabama Campgrounds

Troy G.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Jun. 12, 2021

Not great, but not horrible.

This KOA isn't the greatest but it isn't one of the worst I've stayed at. I'd stay again, but only if there wasn't camping availability around the area except for here.

Pros: Location on the bay - 👌 Pool/hot to on site Close to fuel stations Close to main roads to get you where you want to go…

• Quick and easy walk to the bay for a sunrise
SiteA7
Karen M.
Reviewed Jun. 8, 2021

Boondocking northwest Florida

It was great except for the yellow flies that were everywhere. Not as bad once we got in our spot.

T
Reviewed Jun. 3, 2021

Not impressed

Overall….meh. The RV sites are not on any type of paved or level ground and are not suitable for larger RVs. They're VERY close together and there are a lot of trees. They call them "pull through" sites but there isn't enough room to pull through and turn onto the road (you could barely pull a…

Month of VisitApril
TThe Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Jun. 3, 2021

Friendly Staff, Clean campground

We camped here over Memorial weekend and we had a great time. Staff was very helpful and friendly. The campground store came in handy on more than one occasion.We had a lot of fun playing putt putt and swimming in the pool.

Jamison R.
Reviewed May. 30, 2021

Great place for a weekend trip

Me, my wife and a few friends decided to winter camp here 1/17/2021. The manager was super friendly and love talking with the guests. We ended up needing to park more cars than the park rules stated but the manager was very accommodating. Quiet campsite besides the occasional otter diving in the…

Site#17
Month of VisitFebruary
JThe Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed May. 28, 2021

Nice small park

Small park with mostly back in sites, several pull through. No facilities, full hookups.

Site36B
EThe Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed May. 26, 2021

Nice quite clean campground

This campground is nice and well kept. Facilities are fairly new. Close to tensas river. Only negative is there are virtually no trees in campground and it’s a little pricey at $40 a night

E-Moe-G
Reviewed May. 23, 2021

Relaxing spot

Spent 2 nights @ the hurricane lake south. Beautiful spot to relax and decompress. I suggest bringing fishing gear if you are into fishing. I was motocamping so I couldn't fit my fishing gear on my bike. I eneded up meeting some awesome folks there

• Motocamping
  • Panoramic view of the entrance
SiteSite 14
LThe Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed May. 22, 2021

Great campground right on the water!

This park is right on Mobile Bay (technically Bay John) and is a beautiful park.  The sites are well space out and our site #29 was perfectly level!  Nice asphalt parking and patio are so we didn't even need to put out a rug.

Bill M.
Reviewed May. 21, 2021

Be ready to hike it in primitive tent

My wife and I stayed for 3 days. The worst part was had to hike in about a mile to primitive camp and the spots are not well marked. One we got set up though had a great time beautiful spot. Then had to pack and hike out

SitePrimitive tent camping lot 3
L
Reviewed May. 17, 2021

A little piece of paradise

Love Fort Pickens...on the soundside of Pensacola Beach. So beautiful, has electrical outlets, indoor bathroom and showers with outlets. Limited number of campsites.

fletcher6531 The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed May. 13, 2021

Pensacola Camping

We spent 4 days at this camp site. There is two different sites on with poured pads and the other just dirt. The sites are night and day different. One kept up and the other ran down. Unable to get on the good side due to long term retired campers. However, overall good place to stay for the cost.…

Marguerite L.
Reviewed May. 12, 2021

Beach camping

Recently bought a rooftop tent and wanted to test it out. Rangers are wonderful and super helpful! Campers were great and we were able to bring our dog with us! The facility’s are super clean and well taken care of. Definitely going to make another trip!

SiteD22
DThe Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed May. 10, 2021

Easy spot off the highway.

This camp ground is growing so there was quite a bit of construction debris around, but looking past that. This spot is literally right off Hwy 10 at exit 26 making it convenient for travelers. I would not recommend this campsite for true "camping". On ground fires are not allowed and there are no…

L
Reviewed Apr. 29, 2021

Hidden Gem

This place totally surprised us with how nice it was! They accept Passport America, so a full hookup sight was about $9/night. $18 without Passport America. Sites are large and private. Many are pull through. We had our own kayaks and bikes, so we went kayaking in the creek and mountain biking on…