Bruce, WISCONSIN

Most Recent Bruce Camping Reviews
Great tent camp location accessable by car or watercraft.

Camped HERE JUNE 2017 on Boy Scout trip from Illinois to Ely, MN.  Stayed both going and on return trip. CANOED from Earls landing down river 4 hours had one adult chase car pickup canoes down river.  TENT camping was free on nicely mowed grass area with several spaced out sites.  RESTROOM was reasonable for this type camping better than most.  Camp was quite both nights we stayed and campground had a camp host that appeared and spoke to us insuring that was how he expected people to be.  I CAN IMAGINE without a host it may be possible to get some rowdy groups in here.

CAMPGROUND was across river from main road and far enough back from connecting road to be very quite.

Awesome Camping Destination

What a great place to visit this time of year (Fall). Falling acorns, frogs and chipmunks chirping, turtles basking in sunlight and more. The owls at night were a treat (sometimes even scary) to listen to.

Clean facilities and nice trails. Next time we’ll bring some kayaks.

Camped at Lake Wissota for 3 days. First time there and really liked it. Nice private sites and the beach looked great but it was too cold for swimming. Got in a canoe ride before the rain. No bugs I guess it was too cool. Bath house in bad need of updating which they're planning on but I've been in worse. Awesome park rangers. Did some local site seeing and I highly recommend lunch in Cornell at Dylan's Dairy. Had the best breakfast at Kelly Grill in Stanley across from the old depot. Nice get away despite the rain.

Diamond in the rough

Love it here. Quiet, rustic, well maintained place

Great Campground with Private Sites

You'd never know that your neighbor is super close to you in this campground.  The sites are really private with tall trees and lots of greenery/foliage between each site.  There is a lot to explore in the park.  The bathrooms are decent - we found quite a few bugs and frogs in the bathrooms but we didn't mind.

A full service campground for those not looking to rough it.

Sites are a little small and not very private. Seemed like a well visited campground with lots of parties if you are into that. There is a restaurant and bar on the site although I didnt use it. They also have a kayak, canoe, and tube rental service on site which was great for easy access to the river.

Best Campground EVER

The people are very friendly. There is a nice inflatable park for the kids. They will bring you up the river to float down and land on their nice sand beach. Will defiantly come again!!

Peaceful

You are able to reserve or have non reserve sites . Beautiful location tucked in by many pines and hardwoods. There is a lake with a fishing dock boat landing and swimming area. You can  hike a wonderful nature trail and also bike  in areas. There are hiking and a tv trails  close by. But the best is no cell service and the sound of the elk and loons in the evening.

Great weekend!

Great weekend! Most sites are very roomy some are little tight for the larger campers. Lots of activities to do and for the kids to do. Themed weekends throughout the season. Great bar and grill on property. Only complaint we had was the weekend we were there the bathroom's were not kept up. Were never cleaned, toilet paper was never refilled in the stalls. Ended up buying my own and having to take it with us to the rest room. Other issue which is hard to control unless babysitting constantly is both the pool area and the pond area have allot of people using it that do not have the required wrist bands on. Should be monitored more closely to prevent issues.

Under development

This is a former Renaissance Faire site that is being turned into a Campground RV Park. They were laying new foundations when we were there. Bathroom/ shower house was very nice & large with 2 entrances. Large playground. Close to a ball park. Tons of geocaching in the area.

Nice facility

It was raining the night we stayed. Bathrooms are centrally located, but I was surprised how few stalls there were in the men's bathroom.. There were 2 in the facility that served at least 60 sites. They bathrooms were clean, and shower water was hot, but waiting to poop in the morning is never fun. Very dog friendly, and a bunch of young families due to all the activities offered for kids. WiFi was very spotty, probably due to all the kids and bad weather.

Probably my favorite camping spot

I absolutely loved this campground. The area was kept very clean. The spot that I reserved was beautiful. Loved that it was tucked in the back of the camping area and was able to put my canoe in the water at my spot. The site I had was huge. Probably about 3x larger than any site I’ve been to before. And driving through the area was beautiful and lush

Beautiful camp ground

Words can't describe how nice and peaceful it is. The owners are very nice and helpful. Whenever we're going to be back in the area this will be the first place we want to stay. It's located close to lake Winnsota.

Family farm fun

Adorable family campground on a farm that has nice large campsites. The campground revolves around children. A huge playground, pony rides, animal parades and mini golf are only a few things that happen at Red Barn. The 126 year old barn on the premises holds barn dances, and indoor movies. 5 min to the nearest beach and cute downtown Shell Lake.

Family setting with an assortment of activities

Let’s be honest, it’s been awhile since we found a shower and this place has one. It is also in a forested area so we dropped on by. The campground filled up on Thursday for the weekend - but it is Father’s Day so that might make a difference. Campsites are large and there’s plenty of separation. We had a picnic table and another taller table (I’m guessing it’s to clean your fishing catch?). All sites have electric but the fee is reasonable. The shower costs $.25 per 2 minutes. Garbage and even a RV dump station are available.

There is plenty of firewood but you need to cut it to size. They are 6 feet long pine logs.

There is a boat launch right next to camp. A sandy beach is next to a large pavilion and playground. We hiked along a multi-use trail that goes between towns. Lots of ATV trails too.

This is definitely a nice county park.

Quaint

I love the hiking trails and my kids love the lake and all the fun activities that a company at like boating and swimming. The only downfall is that it's quite congested

Beautiful, large variety of outdoor activities

Beautiful with all sorts of outdoor activities. Great fishing, perfect kayak and Conoe location as well as motorized boats, swimming and also land recreation like serene hiking trails and an extensive bike trail.

A lovely little retreat

After an unfortunate start to a holiday weekend at a KOA site we blindly booked, were left with our camper, 3 anxious dogs & nowhere to go . The KOA was kid central, noisy, overly crowded, & the campers & RVs packed on top of each other like sardines. My worst RV Park nightmare! I panicked & randomly called Treeland RV Resort , blindly once again. The phone # listed rings the maim resort . The RV Park is located right across the street. They kindly transferred me & I was greeted with the very lovely Susan. She was phenomenal from the beginning. I asked if they happened to have any openings for a pull thru or back in site. It was a Saturday on Memorial Day weekend..& she didn’t laugh at me! She was happy to announce that they did indeed happen to have a cancellation & she’d gladly hold the spot for us !! Hallelujah! About 45 minutes later we pulled in to the park.. we knew instantly this was going to be amazing. We just knew.. ya know? It had a cute red barn office & we immediately noticed how immaculate & thoughtful the landscape & aesthetic is. Susan was just as lovely in person. She gave us our site info , calmed our nerves & told us to get situated at our site & then we could come back to the office at our leisure & finish the paperwork. Wowza! We found our site & we were not disappointed at all. In fact just blown away! Tucked away from our neighbor just enough to have plenty of space for us & the pups but without being completely segregated. There is a playground & heated pool , but it’s just far enough away to not be heard at all but a quick walk to get to if you so desire. Nooks of trees for privacy & a hammock, lots of green grass & a cement area & a well cared for picnic table & bonfire pit & grill. The pull thru gravel driveway at our site was ample & level. All the hook ups were neatly & conveniently ready for lift off. No fuss no muss.

This place goes on & on with quaint little touches. It was welcoming from the very beginning phone call & the people who run this place are incredible, helpful, thoughtful & just plain kind. Susan & her hubby Mike are fantastic.. we can’t say enough about them. Everyone & everything was quite literally perfect. I don’t get to say that often . The dogs were welcomed with open arms too! There were plenty of trails & things for them to see & do.

We were there 3 full days & just barely began to scratch the surface!

So looking forward to going back!!

Not too bad. Loud train nearby.

Plenty of room, electricity in the pavilions (2 of them), bathrooms, plenty of area to camp and there were a couple fire pits. It’s right on the river and has a nature walk trail along the river. Not the most pristine spot but it gets the job done for sure. No fee’s. Be aware, there’s a train that goes by at all times of the day or night. It’s fairly close and can be extremely loud at times.

Comfortable park in western WI

We camped here in the fall and the colors were lovely.  The camping was sort of open but sites are spaced nicely so we didn't feel like we were on top of each other.  The nature trail was very nice - the biking was also good.  We took advantage of being near Lake Wissota State Pk and explored that too.

Vary nice.

Nice campground, lots of seasonal campers. Close to trails and fishing. Nice beach in shell lake.

Otter Lake Chippewa County Parks

If your looking for a quiet, remote, good fishing camp Otter Lake is the right choice. Beautiful day park for scenic views for a picnic. Private camp sites. Some have private docks. Excellent fishing for Panfish, Bass, and Walleyes.

good place to kayak

the island is a nice place to visit. we stayed in the north loop on a water front site . great for just putting the kayaks in and going . they are vary dog and family friendly. the camp sites are a little close for my liking but it was a busy labor day weekend and every site was filled . my only big complaint would have to be that they only have one shower house on the other loop(South loop) north loop just have vault toliets . all in all I would recommend this place .

Currently closed!

Due to budget cuts, this campground is not open.

Lake Wissota State Park

Lake Wissota State Park is located in and around Chippewa Falls, WI. My sisters and I came up here once growing up and had a ball. It was just north of Chicago (near where we lived), so it wasn’t far. From my recollection, the grounds were fairly wooded, had an array of wildlife and there was a ton to do in terms of swimming, hiking, canoeing or just enjoying the sights. Wish I had pictures to share.

Small But Close to Nature

This was a good first camping trip site as it's not too far from the city but still makes you feel like you're in the heart of nature. The campground is pretty small for campers with tents but there were some decent hiking spots nearby!

Nice tent and rv sites. Hot showers. Flush toilets.

We like this one for a quick weekend retreat. Lake access is great on one of the best and bigger lakes in the area. Great place for boating with the family.

Friendly camping

some tight spots for big campers, family fun activities, kind staff

Quiet Peaceful Place to Escape

I grew up on this lake from the early 90s to about 2012. The campground was always very peaceful and all the campsites on the lake had plenty of space for multiple tents or campers. The people that live/have cabins on the lake are all extremely friendly. There is excellent fishing mostly consisting of Bass and Bluegills and Perch. It’s a no wake lake so plan on just using a trolling motor or even a canoe to fish. There are outhouses close to the campgrounds but that’s about it for amenities. Mondeux dam isnt far away which serves food and Is a nice swimming hole.