Fairchild Air Force Base, WASHINGTON

The #1 Camping App

Link to the App Store Link to Google Play
Most Recent Fairchild Air Force Base Camping Reviews
VERY NICE.

Well kept,clean ,nice pool area. Book early.

Great place to enjoy the water!

Great place to swim, kayak, bike, and go bird watching. There are usually other visitors (especially boats on the water) but it never gets too hectic! Nice place to hang out.

If I could leave 0 stars I would

The place is falling apart and they don't seem to care. If you like being watched while in the bathroom then by all means camp there two way mirrors in both bathrooms. Paint chipping off dirty bathroom and shower only 1 shower. Fish cleaning station overgrown by weeds. When we first got there I was told in a hostile voice that there was no storing anything outside. It was always ok for everyone else to have a bonfire but us. We were on constant alert the entire 6 months there. I asked before bringing a truck to the park if it was alright and she said yes for a week. Then on the fourth night she met us with a pen and paper screaming at me that she was going to have it towed. Oh and our small dog had a small cable leash around the the tree that wasn't ok either. Nothing we did was ok ever! One week doesn't doesn't have 4 days last time I checked. I had bought a truck to replace the other truck we owned after all we lived there for 6 months. I became very sick while there and had to go back and fourth to the hospital never once did they ask how everything was going. Hostile environment even complaining about 5 potted plants. Really why others had them. Long story short if you like to camping in the middle of a subdivision by all means check it out. Be careful not to trip on all the nails sticking up on the docks as they need repair as well then go ahead and see for yourself. I will never go back ever!! Not that they care I think they should sell the place because they don't care.

Choose someplace else

The people of deer lake resort are very rude and unprofessioal to say the least. "The owner' opened the door to our condo without knocking,forcefully pushed past one of the ladies that was staying in the bedroom #2.  I asked her who she was and her reply was a rude "I own this place and I'm checking to see if they put the new bed in this bedroom Geez , wouldn't the polite way have been to knock on the door and say, excuse me I'm the owner and I would like to see if the new bed has been set up in that bedroom ,do you mind if I look? Very rude and unprofessional to say the least. The rest of the staff had the same attitude… Like they were doing is a favor buy letting us stay in their condo.  We were not offered clean towels or linen the entire 3 1/2 days. I would not recommend this place nor would I ever go back. I could write a book here about everything I am unhappy with but will just leave it as a pretty campground that the new owners will probably run in the ground.

Waterfront RV campground

9/14 to 9/17/19

Blackwell Island RV Resort

Coeur d'alene Idaho

Close to interstate, located next to Spokane River and lake. Boat and kayak rentals. Sites are gravel, level, both pull throughs and back ins available, FHU, no privacy between sites. Some nice water front sites. Chairs in place to enjoy the small beach. Nice volleyball and play area. Small BMX course was fun. Cute landscaping near water, small trees within the campground. Picnic tables, no wood fires allowed. No tents of any kind. Very limited store at the office. Town very close with stores and restaurants. Nice restaurant a short distance at the Marina called Cedars. Great private bathroom/with shower. Nice laundry facilities. Free cable and spotty wifi. Moose too!

Camp and Theme park

We stayed here in July. It's next to Silverwood theme park, so you can camp the night before, hit the theme park early, and then crash after a fun filled day. The spaces are close and very open. Make sure you reserve the correct power hookup for your RV. RV Park does have things for the family to do, outside the theme park.

Surprising hideaway

We stayed at the Tamarack RV Park in June. It's a surprise, because you're right in town, but the stand of trees it's in, makes you forget that. I agree with the first review. The spaces are small. However, the restrooms and showers are very nice and convenient. Also had a great price.

And if you're in Coeur d'alene, you have to go eat at the Wolf Lodge.

Current Fire Ban

8/28 Gravel road back to campsites. We ended up just camping in the main area by the lake trail loop as the road gets progressively worst after & didn't want to drag our rig down there. Stayed here as an easy spot to get here outside Spokane.