Equestrian
About Heyburn State Park
Heyburn State Park is located in Idaho
11 Reviews of Heyburn State Park
Fun!

We had an amazing time here. Had a great time hiking and walking along the lake. I just wish the weather was better!

Lots to learn

Our stay here was very satisfying. Plenty of hiking to do. Plenty of places to stay. If you are into biking, it is located at the beginning of the Trail of the Coeur d'alenes, a 72 mile paved trail. The Chatcolet campground is only feet from the side of the trail. Make sure to make reservations ahead of time and leave plenty of time to explore.

Beautiful and quiet.

I wish we had more time to spend at this campground. It was a bit off the beaten path but worth it. It is also situated right by a lake, but did not see any direct access to the lake from the campground. There were clean restrooms here and showers. There is also a visitor center to purchase items but they were closed by the time we rolled in. They were open in the morning, roughly around 8. Would like to go back and stay a couple of nights in the future. There was a no burn order in place, or site was nice and secluded.

Eagles and Ice Cream

Our favorite campground🏕, We visit every year.! The Trail of the Coeur D'Alene runs through this campground.Biking 🚵‍♀️the 7 mile ride to Harrison is a great way to spend the day, you cross the lake over a bridge, watching eagles 🦅 swoop over the lake as you ride, and finish your day with ice cream 🍧 at Harrison Creamery and Fudge Factory! You can also kayak🛶, boat⛵, hike 🏃and fish🐟. The perfect campground to keep the whole family entertained!

Good family campground

Always be aware of animals typical raccoons etc put your food away nice bathrooms good family camping

Not sure if I'd go back

Stayed in the tent sites in Chatcolet, we got lucky and were in a site that was a bit more level. Noticed a lot of sites are unlevel. I also thought we were going to be closer to the water but its like a 5 min walk or you can drive/bike down to the playground, boat docs, water. Not sure if I'd go back or find a different place to go.

Hawleys Landing

Beautiful campgrounds! We biked on the Trail of the Coeur d'Alenes, saw lots of wildlife, and enjoyed the beach at Rocky Point. We Definitely will camp here again!!

Sunrise Lake Views

Absolutely beautiful campsite with great views of the lake and a nice little fire pit. Campsite was in in view of other sites but still felt private. Stayed on a Friday night and all campsites were in use, so would definitely recommend reserving in advance. The lake is an absolute stunner.

Wonderful location

I camped with a friend and had a great time. We hiked and floated around the lake. Great biking path. Beautiful views.

Beautiful campground

I stayed at the campground that was first come first serve there were still a lot of open sites. There are so many things you can do at the state park I highly recommend going here. It's very beautiful!