Airway Heights, WASHINGTON

Camping Washington Airway Heights
Most Recent Airway Heights Camping Reviews
If I could leave 0 stars I would

The place is falling apart and they don't seem to care. If you like being watched while in the bathroom then by all means camp there two way mirrors in both bathrooms. Paint chipping off dirty bathroom and shower only 1 shower. Fish cleaning station overgrown by weeds. When we first got there I was told in a hostile voice that there was no storing anything outside. It was always ok for everyone else to have a bonfire but us. We were on constant alert the entire 6 months there. I asked before bringing a truck to the park if it was alright and she said yes for a week. Then on the fourth night she met us with a pen and paper screaming at me that she was going to have it towed. Oh and our small dog had a small cable leash around the the tree that wasn't ok either. Nothing we did was ok ever! One week doesn't doesn't have 4 days last time I checked. I had bought a truck to replace the other truck we owned after all we lived there for 6 months. I became very sick while there and had to go back and fourth to the hospital never once did they ask how everything was going. Hostile environment even complaining about 5 potted plants. Really why others had them. Long story short if you like to camping in the middle of a subdivision by all means check it out. Be careful not to trip on all the nails sticking up on the docks as they need repair as well then go ahead and see for yourself. I will never go back ever!! Not that they care I think they should sell the place because they don't care.

Choose someplace else

The people of deer lake resort are very rude and unprofessioal to say the least. "The owner' opened the door to our condo without knocking,forcefully pushed past one of the ladies that was staying in the bedroom #2.  I asked her who she was and her reply was a rude "I own this place and I'm checking to see if they put the new bed in this bedroom Geez , wouldn't the polite way have been to knock on the door and say, excuse me I'm the owner and I would like to see if the new bed has been set up in that bedroom ,do you mind if I look? Very rude and unprofessional to say the least. The rest of the staff had the same attitude… Like they were doing is a favor buy letting us stay in their condo.  We were not offered clean towels or linen the entire 3 1/2 days. I would not recommend this place nor would I ever go back. I could write a book here about everything I am unhappy with but will just leave it as a pretty campground that the new owners will probably run in the ground.

Waterfront RV campground

9/14 to 9/17/19

Blackwell Island RV Resort

Coeur d'alene Idaho

Close to interstate, located next to Spokane River and lake. Boat and kayak rentals. Sites are gravel, level, both pull throughs and back ins available, FHU, no privacy between sites. Some nice water front sites. Chairs in place to enjoy the small beach. Nice volleyball and play area. Small BMX course was fun. Cute landscaping near water, small trees within the campground. Picnic tables, no wood fires allowed. No tents of any kind. Very limited store at the office. Town very close with stores and restaurants. Nice restaurant a short distance at the Marina called Cedars. Great private bathroom/with shower. Nice laundry facilities. Free cable and spotty wifi. Moose too!

Camp and Theme park

We stayed here in July. It's next to Silverwood theme park, so you can camp the night before, hit the theme park early, and then crash after a fun filled day. The spaces are close and very open. Make sure you reserve the correct power hookup for your RV. RV Park does have things for the family to do, outside the theme park.

Surprising hideaway

We stayed at the Tamarack RV Park in June. It's a surprise, because you're right in town, but the stand of trees it's in, makes you forget that. I agree with the first review. The spaces are small. However, the restrooms and showers are very nice and convenient. Also had a great price.

And if you're in Coeur d'alene, you have to go eat at the Wolf Lodge.

Current Fire Ban

8/28 Gravel road back to campsites. We ended up just camping in the main area by the lake trail loop as the road gets progressively worst after & didn't want to drag our rig down there. Stayed here as an easy spot to get here outside Spokane.

Nice but crowded

I stayed in the tent part of the campground, and the sites (especially the first few) are awfully close. This is a great campground for camping with friends but I don't recommend it for a quiet getaway.

Regardless, I still enjoyed my time with my dog and the tent sites were nicely shaded so I wasn't baking in them. There's many hiking trails nearby to explore and you're walking distance from the lake.

Close to Lake Coeur d'alene

Great little spot with close access to lake beaches and hiking trails. I stayed for 2 nights with my dog and it was very enjoyable. Creek doesn't seem to run most of the year but that was alright with me. There are a number of sites around a field and a few more further up in the campground and more secluded. I would stay here again!

Brand new RV campground.

Nice new RV park with level concrete pads and grass.

Super busy.

Stayed for only 1 night in a tent camping spot. All spots were occupied, lots of kids running around and screaming. Showers were great and clean. They do have structures for weather which was nice to consider it started to rain. Also there’s construction going on next to the fence for tent camping… not fun

Old and dirty

Perverted staff

Great place for the family

Great family place, so much to do for everyone. Especially if you love the water. The campsite is butted up to the lake, which makes it great for sunsets and sunrises. There is hardly any shade at the campsite. The RV/camper sites have full or partial hook-ups. All back in. The campsite is clean and very friendly. You can rent kayaks, and paddle boards there. There are tent sites and have public bathrooms and showers. Make sure you have cash or check when you check in unless you made a reservation on the website. Definitely will be back, gorgeous place to stop and stay for awhile.

Ranger Review: Rebel Stretch Shell Jacket/Red Ledge at Pend Oreille Park

Campground Review:

Pend Oreille County Park Is a deceptive name as it is really a large piece of beautiful forest land off highway 2 run by the county. There are miles of hiking/biking trails in this dense forest. The day use is free and has plenty of parking. There are also a large open picnic shelter, ADA accessible vault toilet, Picnic tables, grills/fire pits, and potable spigots. There is also a nice little stream that runs through the day use area during the spring.

The campground is only$10 a night per site, which is a great deal for what you get. There are 26 sites that each have A picnic table, firepit and area for a tent. There are no defined pads but plenty of cleared area. The best thing about this place is how dense the trees overhead are, the whole area is well shaded for those hot summer days. Another great thing about this place is that I have yet to see it packed, which is strange as it is right off the 2. Even though it is close to the 2, there is enough forest in between that you don't hear any cars. Overall great campground for weekend getaways!

*****************************

Product Review:

One great benefit of being a Ranger for The Dyrt is that I get to try out products occasionally- today the product I am reviewing is.. Men's Rebel Stretch Shell Jacket from Red Ledge. To start I have to say this is the neatest rain jacket I have owned. It is super light weight and rolls up to fit in a ziplock bag! I was impressed with the way it kept water out during a freak monsoon I was in. The zipper is a very cool waterproof design that has 2 separate zipper heads, I found this useful to leave the bottom unzipped a little for easier access to pants pockets. Another great feature of this was the design of the pockets. They are VERY large and secure. There seem to be velcro and cinch cords everywhere ensuring a great sealed fit. The hood has a built in bill which was really nice, though I have yet to adjust the hood correctly so it doesn't flop forward a bit too much. The shell is actually very warm so I will be using it as a full jacket, this will be nice come winter.

When purchasing be sure to order a size larger if you plan to wear a full sized jacket under it. My XL wont fit over most of my xl jackets but will fit over a large.

Over all this is a super well made jacket and you can tell the design was a labor of love. I would recommend this to anyone buying a raincoat for backpacking or just all around use. Thank you Red Ledge!

Ranger Review: Firebiner/Outdoor Element at Jerry's Landing Resort

Campground Review:  The campground I am reviewing today is Jerry's Landing Resort and Campground. It is a small family owned resort just 45 minutes north of Spokane Wa. I chose this place to camp for many reasons. One of which is the medium sized lake it is located on. With a boat launch, fishing dock and several row boats to rent, it's a great spot for fishing. In the day use area there are picnic tables, grills, and full flush bathrooms. The family also provides a great little store on premises that offers bait, tackle, food, camping/boating supplies and more. The prices are quite reasonable for the different ways they provide for you to stay at the resort. They have small cabins for$60 a night or larger cabins for$85 a night. Both tent and RV spaces are only$19 a night plus electric if applicable. The day use is only$3 a person and$17 a day for boat rentals as well. One of my favorite things from this experience was no defined tent pad in the well groomed grass camping area. It was one of my better nights sleep while camping. While here I didn't end up catching any fish but have seen pictures and heard stories of bigger fish in the lake. I can believe it with all the wildlife that drops in during the day. I Like to use this place for the day use fishing all the time and would highly recommend you check it out if you are in the area.

*****************

Product Review:  One of the benefits of being a Ranger for The Dyrt, I get to try out products occasionally- today I am reviewing.. Outdoor Elements Firebiner

The first thing I have to admit is I was buying different gear and got the Firebiner as an addon. My delight with the product made me switch the focus of the review to the Firebiner. This thing is pretty awesome! Not only is it super light at just 0.09 lbs, but it is rated at 100 lbs carry weight. This little guy has replaced the carabiner I use for my everyday key ring due to the low weight and strength. Another great feature of the Firebiner is the small flathead screwdriver/pry tool. Its great to have a screwdriver on your side for those pesky things that take less time to fix then going to the tool box. I have already used it this way a few times this week alone. The Firebiner also has a small seatbelt cutter that has come in SUPER handy cutting fishing line and may well save my life one day to boot! One cool thing that I figure falls under the feature category would be the 2 hang slots at the bottom. It would be easy to dismiss this feature, but I found it useful. It has been really helpful to add my home keys and a tinder tube in order to keep them seperate and more permanent than the keys that I take off regularly. The last feature I am going to talk about is perhaps the most notable one. This is, of course, the Everspark Firewheel. It is thick and durable with a replaceable spring-loaded ferro rod. The flint delivery system is like those in a zippo, where you can unscrew the spring from the back. The big difference is the smaller light-weight size and the firebiner uses a ferro rod instead of a flint. Because they use the ferro rod it will spark completely wet as well as in wind.It also comes with a micro tool for the spring removal and to change the seatbelt cutter, which I keep on one of the hang slots. With all the positives I tried to look hard for something that could be better. The only thing I could think of would be to tighten the tension of the clasp. It works just fine on my belt loops through all activity. I did however loose a set of keys in my girlfriend's purse when she had them in there all day being jostled around. Overall I love the Firebiner and Outdoor Element for over designing this great product for me. I honestly would and will recommend anyone getting one of these for themselves.

Unremarkable camping, but much to see and do

This area is a fairly popular day use area, and the camping area is quite open with one vault toilet.  However, it's a great place for those wanting to get an early start viewing wildlife at the ponds, and there's even a blind.  It accesses some 8,000 acres of BLM land spreading over the channeled scablands with many trails for hiking and horseback, and decent hunting in season.  It's also interesting to explore the old homestead site. and there are picnic tables and viewpoints.  Since this is BLM land, you may share your space with some grazing cattle, and remember to keep the gates closed.

Equestrian camping at it's best

This area accesses many miles of hiking/biking/horseback trails along the scenic Spokane River, but the campground itself is reserved for equestrians. There is also an arena, round pen, and trail training course a quarter mile up the road from the campground.  For large groups and/or overflow, permission may be granted for camping in adjacent areas suitable for high lining horses.  Even though this area is only 20 minutes from our home, we frequently camp there just for fun!

Primitive but magnificent

The campground itself is on BLM land and is primitive.  There is a pit toilet, picnic tables, fire rings, corrals and horse water.  The camping itself is on the primitive side, but the scenery it magnificent!  The last two miles driving in is a rough dirt road, and a vehicle with ground clearance is highly desirable. A three mile hike/horseback ride takes you through Washington's Channeled Scablands to Towell Falls through spectacular buttes and meadows along the creek.  The best time to visit is in the spring when the wildflowers are in bloom and before the RATTLESNAKES get populous.  The night skies are particularly dark because you're a long way from any civilization.  It's also interesting exploring the old ranch building that remain on the site. The area is popular with horsemen and trail groups up to a bit of "roughing it." It also can be a great day trip from the Spokane Washington area.

Equestrian Camping

Riverside State Park has a magnificent equestrian campground on the west side of the river.  The main campground has electrical hookups, horse corrals & pit toilets.  With permission, overflow camping is available by the arena facility and readily accommodates "high lines" for your horses.  Many miles of trails intersect at this point, or close by.  There are many hiking, biking, fishing, kayaking and even ORV activities in this huge park.  We visit frequently, but spring and fall are probably the most scenic times.

5 stars for beauty

However , yellow jackets are swarming you. Nobody was stung when we were there and I find that amazing. Other than the yellow jackets the place is beautiful

Great Location

The RV sites are very close together on a gravel lot, but are full hookup. The location is right next to the biking trail and river boardwalk a short distance to the city park. The management was helpful and friendly. Not much ambience, but a great location.

have fun

take the kids and relax

Really disappointed

Looking at campground map, we thought our site would be next to the water. But alas, the sites are back about 50 ft from the water. The waterfront is for parking the cars. :(
The RV’s are packed in like sardines. Our camping rug was 2 inches from the neighbors sewer hose. Goose poop everywhere! Barking / whining dogs, & an over zealous groundskeeper who felt the need to water the lawns around us. So we had wet rugs / table, etc.
Won’t be returning.

Not my first choice

I should start off this review with a disclaimer that I'm not a fan of private campgrounds. We stayed here because it was close to family that we were visiting.

Campsites are very close together, we could nearly reach out and touch our neighbors.

The campground is located right in town on a fairly busy street, it was a convent to walk to the grocery store, cafe, gas station, department store etc.  Bathrooms were nice and clean, utility hook ups were available. there was no price reduction for not using them however.

We stayed two nights over the 4th of July weekend found the place to be a little noisy and rather expensive.

Good for rest, not recreation

Bathrooms were immaculate, and the sites are spacious and not right on top of each other. Other then the creek (not available from our site) there's no recreation. If you're looking to just set up and relax, it's wonderful. If you want some activities such as hiking or more, it's not your best bet.

Fairchild AFB

Clean bathrooms. Close sites which is pretty standard military campground fare. We love the safety and economy of military campgrounds.

Great spot!

Willow bay is great! We camped for the 4th of July and made our reservations online on their website. It was super easy. Great location, 10 min to the grocery store and restaurants if you need them! Easy lake access and a great swimming area. Nice grassy camp spots and decent bathrooms with free showers. No cell service, but who needs it when you’re camping!

Terrible management, beautiful campground

Well kept campgrounds, but the owner Dave came into our campsite drunk and belligerent, called our children profanities, then returned later in the evening and proceeded to run his golf cart into two of the vehicles at out campsite yelling more profanities, he then got off of his cart and fell onto a personal camp table smashing it. He also physically assaulted two of the parties at our campsite, this is all after crashing through the campsite next to ours, running over a tent and yelling profanities at the site on the other side of their campsite. The owners refused to pay for any of the damages and the excuse we received was that Dave had a bad day and had been drinking vodka. I just want to remind you this is the owner of the resort. So if you you choose this place just be careful.

Very secluded camp sites considering they are fairly close together

I have personally been to Pierre lake more than three times and every time it has been better and better! The campsites are well-maintained and although they are fairly close together there is enough trees and brush that you feel like you’re not around anybody. Also the entire campground has trails interconnected all throughout that lead from one end of the sites to another there are no garbage dumpsters on site so you must pack out what you pack in but there is running water concrete fairly secure our houses and the lake is spectacular for swimming fishing canoeing and all other manner of water sports. The fee is six dollars per night per site with an additional two dollars per extra car per site! I highly recommend checking this place out even though I don’t really want to many people to find out about it as it is my favorite place to go and it seems as though not many people know about it!

Fun!

We had an amazing time here. Had a great time hiking and walking along the lake. I just wish the weather was better!