Dilworth , WASHINGTON

Most Recent Dilworth Camping Reviews
Spectacular view

This small campsite is worth a visit. Breath taking view of the ocean and just minutes to the ferry.

Decent campground close to Seattle

The campground was okay. A bit swampy when we were there in March, overgrown in parts, sparse in others, and not very well maintained. But it's relatively close to Seattle, which is great, and there's a nice day use area across the highway.

Would only stay here again for its proximity to Seattle. Not somewhere I'd go out of my way to stop.

Great spot

A nice 3.5 miles ish hike from the parking area to campground. The campsites offers fire rings and has plenty of amazing views of the lake. Don’t forget to pack everything out and leave no trace.

Stunning camping

As the title states,, stunning camping.. Only downside is highways noise but other than that absolutely no complaints. We spend our days hiking and collecting crystal clear quartz up at Hansen Creek. Love that spot and this great camping spot.

Beautiful views and well maintained

Spacious campsites with tons of privacy tucked back from the road. In the off season only the front section of the campground is open, but thats not a problem since maybe 5 other sites were occupied. Everything was very well maintained and I frequently saw the camp host driving around and stopping to clean up various sites. $20 a night for all sites during the off-season. Cell service was usually one to two bars.

The bathrooms were clean with flushable toilets and were stocked with soap and TP. I didn’t check out the showers.

The best part about this campground is the beach. Its a short walk down from the campground. It has beautiful views of mountains across the water on a clear day. There’s lots of picnic tables in the area. The beach itself is covered in rocks and oyster shells. When I was there it was almost always totally empty besides myself. Nothing better than a beautiful view all to yourself!

Camping on the beach!

Fort Flagler State Park is located at the northernmost end of Marrowstone Island and has some amazing beach camping sites. We were lucky to snatch one of the last waterfront sites for our van, site 107  a standard (no- hookups) one at the end of the beach front row which had a couple of trees nearby and offered some privacy but also had still nice water views and even its own little path to the beach. It was also pretty close to the bathroom but not too close. Sites 107-116 are beach front with various height of bushes in front of the water. The most open is 116.  Sites 116-108 are hook-up sites. Cell reception was good on AT&T

Bathrooms were cleaned but we did not see showers. I think there is a separate bathhouse that may be closed in the winter. We did not look for it.

Beautiful beaches on both sides of the long spit. We saw kite surfers and wind-surfers doing amazing stunts in the sunset. Breathtaking. You can also see the lights of Port Townsend, ferries passing by and the Olympics. Truly a spectacular place to camp!

This place is awesome

Really neat military relics. Walk to the ferry to visit Port Townsend for the day. Camp in the deep woods. This place is awesome!

Great views

Camp site 18 is the ideal spot close to the bathrooms, has a wonderful view of the water, and has good tree cover to limit dampness

No respect for disabled veterans

Tried staying in the camping area in my new RV.

No respect for disabled veterans.

I've lived in WA since I was stationed here in 1992.

Because I just had to sell my house I cant "prove residency" because my ID has my old address on it.

Just sold it. Just came back from buying an RV in little rock AR. Even though I have a PO box right down the street. I even have mail from the VA with the new address.

How did they know I just sold my house?

I called the state park to ask questions about staying there and mentioned it in conversation.

They called the Ranger.

They kicked me out, took my DV lifetime pass away, and expected me to pay for all the time I'd been there.

Disgraceful.

You would think that if they wanted to help out vets they would go out of their way to let them stay instead of going out of their way to kick them out.

Why even give them out if they're going to go out of their way to not honor them. I was staying there peacefully and going for walks on the trails.

I never had any problems with anyone there or even on the phone.

Everything was a very pleasant, peaceful experience and I had been looking forward to spending time seeing the state parks and using my pass for decades now.

Until the ranger cop knock on my door.

Really beautiful

Manchester is a great place for hiking, camping and kayaking. The campsites aren’t huge but they’re all nice and secluded in the trees for privacy. There are historical military buildings throughout and a beautiful open air event building overlooking the water. Easy kayak launch site and great hiking trails!