Fires Unknown
About Saltwater State Park
Saltwater State Park is located in Washington
3 Reviews of Saltwater State Park
Neat little place

My family stayed here for a night when we went out to Washington a few months ago. It was a nice little place. Mostly we stayed here because of how close it was to seattle, so we were't at the campground very much. It does have a pretty good amount of sites. It's got showers and bathrooms which is always nice at a campground. It does have a lot of activities because of how close it is to the water. We saw people fishing, diving, sailing, etc. The only thing I didn't like about it was that building wood fires isn't allowed in the campground.

The seattle area has all kinds of things to do. My family went to Pike Place Market which was awesome to see. We saw a Mariners game, the space needle, and went on some awesome hikes around the area.

Overall the campground was a pretty nice place to stay, especially if you are trying to visit the seattle area for a couple of nights. Great place!

Closest state park to city of Seattle

It’s a gorgeous park next to Pugent Sound. Fairly safe since it’s gated and a park ranger was there overnight. From my experience it was quiet and after a while the air traffic from the airport becomes tolerable.

However you must make reservations online on the website a few weeks before you plan to come

Took a pass on this one

I hesitate to post this review but no one else has reviewed so here are my impressions. We thought we would use this as just an overnight stay while passing through the area but after checking it out, ended up passing. The day use area is very nice and right on the water; the campsites are located away from the water and look just ok. Half of the sites (20-37 and 49) are currently closed with no projected date of when they will re-open. The sites are not reservable. There was no park staff on-site when we arrived at mid-day during the week. Alcohol is prohibited in both the campground and the day use area. Note that the park is on the flight path of Sea-Tac airport. The campground is open April 1– mid-December but the day use area is open year-round.