Davenport, WASHINGTON

Most Recent Davenport Camping Reviews
Bonnie Lake Island. Boat in island campsite in scab-land canyon lake

This is a primitive site on an island in Bonnie Lake in Eastern Washington. Bonnie lake is a canyon lake, about 4 miles long and narrow. The island and surrounding sq. mile of land is owned by the BLM. Access is by paddling up Rock Creek about a mile and another 1/2 mile paddle up the lake. The creek can be seasonally shallow and you'll have to portage across at least one beaver dam. The island is rocky and brushy with enough flat spaces for a tent or two and trees for hammocks. The steep canyon walls provide a stage for coyotes to sing back and forth. Please use sanitary bags to pack out your waste (poop). The island's soil isn't deep enough for proper burial.

There is a spit of land on shore where you can camp too, but I've not done that.

Primitive BLM dispersed campsite with with lots of hiking trails

30 minutes from Spokane and just a few miles off I-90 this is a great area for winter and spring camping and hiking. The lake is open for winter season fishing but closes March 31. There is usually lots of day hike activity, but not much overnight camping.

There are no real amenities except an outhouse near the boat launch and dam. I believe this is part of the Fishtrap Recreation area and there are lots of trails that connect the lakes.

If I could leave 0 stars I would

The place is falling apart and they don't seem to care. If you like being watched while in the bathroom then by all means camp there two way mirrors in both bathrooms. Paint chipping off dirty bathroom and shower only 1 shower. Fish cleaning station overgrown by weeds. When we first got there I was told in a hostile voice that there was no storing anything outside. It was always ok for everyone else to have a bonfire but us. We were on constant alert the entire 6 months there. I asked before bringing a truck to the park if it was alright and she said yes for a week. Then on the fourth night she met us with a pen and paper screaming at me that she was going to have it towed. Oh and our small dog had a small cable leash around the the tree that wasn't ok either. Nothing we did was ok ever! One week doesn't doesn't have 4 days last time I checked. I had bought a truck to replace the other truck we owned after all we lived there for 6 months. I became very sick while there and had to go back and fourth to the hospital never once did they ask how everything was going. Hostile environment even complaining about 5 potted plants. Really why others had them. Long story short if you like to camping in the middle of a subdivision by all means check it out. Be careful not to trip on all the nails sticking up on the docks as they need repair as well then go ahead and see for yourself. I will never go back ever!! Not that they care I think they should sell the place because they don't care.

Choose someplace else

The people of deer lake resort are very rude and unprofessioal to say the least. "The owner' opened the door to our condo without knocking,forcefully pushed past one of the ladies that was staying in the bedroom #2.  I asked her who she was and her reply was a rude "I own this place and I'm checking to see if they put the new bed in this bedroom Geez , wouldn't the polite way have been to knock on the door and say, excuse me I'm the owner and I would like to see if the new bed has been set up in that bedroom ,do you mind if I look? Very rude and unprofessional to say the least. The rest of the staff had the same attitude… Like they were doing is a favor buy letting us stay in their condo.  We were not offered clean towels or linen the entire 3 1/2 days. I would not recommend this place nor would I ever go back. I could write a book here about everything I am unhappy with but will just leave it as a pretty campground that the new owners will probably run in the ground.

Current Fire Ban

8/28 Gravel road back to campsites. We ended up just camping in the main area by the lake trail loop as the road gets progressively worst after & didn't want to drag our rig down there. Stayed here as an easy spot to get here outside Spokane.

Brand new RV campground.

Nice new RV park with level concrete pads and grass.

Super busy.

Stayed for only 1 night in a tent camping spot. All spots were occupied, lots of kids running around and screaming. Showers were great and clean. They do have structures for weather which was nice to consider it started to rain. Also there’s construction going on next to the fence for tent camping… not fun

Old and dirty

Perverted staff

Great place for the family

Great family place, so much to do for everyone. Especially if you love the water. The campsite is butted up to the lake, which makes it great for sunsets and sunrises. There is hardly any shade at the campsite. The RV/camper sites have full or partial hook-ups. All back in. The campsite is clean and very friendly. You can rent kayaks, and paddle boards there. There are tent sites and have public bathrooms and showers. Make sure you have cash or check when you check in unless you made a reservation on the website. Definitely will be back, gorgeous place to stop and stay for awhile.