Whiteshop Estates , VIRGINIA

Most Recent Whiteshop Estates Camping Reviews
Large, level and well spaced.

Some of the largest sites we’ve ever seen in a state park. I don’t believe there is a bad site in the park. We had rabbits grazing at our site too. Shenandoah NP is about a 10 mile drive away.

Clean, well-maintained, and easy trail access!

I loved my stay at Campsite 4! I even surprisingly got one bar of 4G, too.

Love Prince William Forest

Camped here the first weekend it was open in 2021. Nice campground Bathrooms are clean. Lots of hiking trails.

It’s a no from me.

This place was $30 just to enter and it was super duper packed. We turned around and found a great boondocking site nearby.

Simple Adventure

Everything at the park is laid out pretty clearly and straight forward enough so you shouldn't have too many issues. Make sure to have cash to simplify paying for things such as firewood (you can pay upfront).

There are camp toilets with toilet paper and hand sanitizer near the Red 1 tent site (not sure if there are others) which were clean enough. The trails are beautiful and I'm sure there was more to do, but didn't have a chance to see. Definitely a reason to return!

Too bad I had to leave

Loved it! I’d love to spend a week here some time. There is no bad site in this campground. Immaculate upkeep. Lots of walking and hiking trails. Verizon has no signal at all, but AT&T was fine. Clean bathrooms, large showers, dump station. Water and electric on site but no sewer connection. Large campsites with picnic table and fire ring.

My go to spot

This is one of the best camp grounds in the DC area! There are 9 separate sites in Turkey Run with two bathroom facilities for all 9 sites. There are no showers but campers and staff tent to keep the rest rooms clean.

I have seen a lot of Boy Scout troops use the site year round but it’s also great for families and small groups of friends.

From the site you have access to several hiking trails and you can ride your bike on the Main Street.

There is a $20 entrance fee into the park and the campground is close to Dumpfries, VA where you can pick up all sorts of supplies.

Amazing Campground!!!

My boyfriend and I stayed at this campground in March of 2021. We went to the area to visit Skyline Drive and Shenandoah National Park.

We stayed in site #11. The sites weren't right on top of each other, but you could definitely see other sites across the road. There were a few that caught my eye for future trips, but this one was lovely enough!!

This is a small campground, which made it feel very homey. All of the campers were so friendly. The camp host was also a joy! Always had a smile on his face. Most of the sites are 60' long and very spacious!!

Dogs are welcomed with open arms at this campsite!! My two doggos had a great time. Just be careful!! One of mine ended up with a thorn in his foot pad.

Will definitely return to this campground in the future!

It's OK but a bit over visited by tourists.

Busy place.

The lodge is over populated and very coimmercial.

CAmoinmg down the road North is better.

Nice little campground

No amenities other than a pit toilet and a gravel pad at each site. Not easy if you are pulling a trailer (I would not recommend that for any large trailers) but it was a nice place with awesome atv trails we’ll be going back