The best BOAT IN camping near
Clarendon Springs , VERMONT

Most Recent Clarendon Springs Camping Reviews
secluded spot on a great little pond

I have yet to stay here, but I have explored and walked the camp and ate lunch at the beach.

What I saw was nice, it is a rustic campground with NFS rangers checking in once in a while.  The sites are well dispersed and private.

I'm excited to camp here next season.

Not the best facilities but the location is great

I am torn about this campground. I love the location. Well that is about the only positive. That is why I give it 3 stars. It actually would be less stars if not for thd location. The campground is located on the lake in the village of Lake George. It is nice that it is not directly in the center of the town but still within the village. It's really the only reason we stay here.

I have noticed over the years the increase of security. It seems out of necessity not as a precaution. I stayed summer of 2019 and it was the worst of my stays yet. The bathroom constantly flooded from broken toilets. Bathrooms stunk of weed all weekend. If that wasn't bad enough, a toliet seat ripped off the toilet and thrown in the middle of the bathroom. People are disgusting idiots. We are a group of families who stay every year. It was about 10:30 at night and I got yelled at for talking by an over zealous park ranger. Of course I treated her with respect and did what I was told. We quieted down but the pot smoke in the bathroom continued all weekend. Not sure why they went indoors to smoke. Feel free to smoke outdoor on your site. I wouldn't care but inside the bathrooms where children use is just out of line. I did complain at the gate but nothing was done.

In closing if you don't mind not being in the village of Lake George, check out Rogers Rock further north on Lake Shore drive in Huage NY. Much nicer in many ways and is on the Lake as well.

One of the best NY State campgrounds

The campground is located on the shores of Northern Lake George (Huage NY). It's worth noting that the campground is located about 30 miles North of the village of Lake George. You are a few miles from Ticonderoga NY (which has a super convenient Walmart). Before the pandemic, the campground let a local man come in and sell wood and ice. Not pricey but super convenient. When I camped Summer 2020, they did not allow the wood guy in. It was a bummer but wood is easily purchased along Lake Shore Drive. New in 2020- Verizon customers have strong cell service. I am T mobile and I did not.

The bathrooms are super clean and well maintained. Always stocked with Toliet Paper. Reservations are done online. Easy and convenient. Prime sites reserve quickly even on none Holiday weekends. It still feels less crowded then most campgrounds. There is a hiking trail which located in the campground. The view at the top is breathtaking. So worth the Hike and not supper hard. See pictures. The Lake itself is undoubtedly the clearest lake I ever seen. Simply beautiful! (Wish my pictures would upload). We return every year.

One of my favorite places on earth 🏕🏞

You should camp here!

We stayed here for 2 nights in July. Everything was very clean. Our site felt secluded even though there were other people camping nearby.

Northern Forest Canoe Trail

This is only accessible by paddling the Missisquoi River. It is a very scenic spot and I have always found wood readily available. A small trail from the river leads to a bluff where there is a picnic table, fire ring and compsting toilet. There is plenty of room for several tents and hammock.

October 20

Tented here for long weekend… no wireless really, which disappointed. Few flat, even spots but we liked #136. Office staff seemed disinterested in helping for some reason. They had kayak and canoe rentals available. However, check the plug at the rear of the kayak!! Annoying shots fired randomly every morning from a nearby group of hunters (?). Showers were awesome!!! Campground is very dog friendly.

Great camping spot

We used this as a base camp for doing some day hikes nearby. Bathrooms were clean, it was pretty quiet, and most of the sites were separated by 10-20 feet of trees. The sites are not big, but easily fit 2 cars, 2 tents, and still had plenty of room around the fire ring. The lake was also a great place to cool off after a hike.

Geared toward seasonal campers.

Don't get me wrong it is a very nice place.  We had a nice spot on the lake and were able to fish from our spot.  Which I heard will be given up to more seasonal sites.  I was hoping to be able to use the bathrooms and showers since I broke my foot and in awalking boot and using a shower chair.  But not only were they yuk there were absolutely no handicap stalls in the closest bathroom and I'm (newly) in a walking boot and needed a hand rail (more than I realized I did even since the toilets are those that are tiny and sit close to the ground).  2 other restrooms I tried to access were not at all accessible.  Facilities were not terribly ADA friendly!  For the $$ they could do more for their facilities.  I didn't get to experience the store or anywhere else due to COVID.

large campground on a beautiful lake

Located at the northern end of Lake George and about 7 miles south of Ticonderoga, Rogers Rock is a boater’s paradise. I was here midweek, so it wasn't packed, but I image when it's full that it may be noisy - and not just from the people. Look carefully at the map when choosing your site. Many of them are near the main road. Sites aren't particularly level or large. Cell phone coverage is spotty, I was getting 1-2 bars with Verizon.

There's a boat inspection station, boat ramp, and mooring as well as a beach. Ticonderoga offers some history and is worth a half-day visit. Lake Champlain isn't far away, either.

Small pondside campground - swimming, fishing, canoeing/kayaking

This state campground offers a variety of wooded sites, some drive in and others remote boat-in (29R-31R). The main campground offers full service bathrooms with showers; remote sites (including several drive-in sites) have an outhouse, but no potable water. If you want easy access to the beach and facilities, look to a site in the main loop, but if you want a little more solitude, check out the remote sites. That said, all waterfront sites fill quickly and for 2021 you'll be running into reservations that were moved from 2020 Sites 18-22 are on a dead-end, but there is enough space for a small trailer to turn around (I was able to negotiate it with a teardrop, but I wouldn't want something much longer). It was quiet midweek, but it was also the pandemic summer. That said, it's a smaller campground than a place like Fish Creek or Rollins Pond, so fewer people to make noise!

There's  a large beach and boat rentals are available. If you plan to fish, purchase your license before you arrive as phone signals are weak.