About Zion RV and Campground (Hi-Road)

The perfect location for all your camping and RV needs conveniently located just East of the Zion National Park boundary. Our spacious and beautiful campground offers everything you will need for a perfect camping experience.

Price
$40.00
Private
Zion RV and Campground (Hi-Road) is located in Utah
Directions
Address: 12120 W. Hwy 9 Mt. Carmel, UT 84755
27 Reviews of Zion RV and Campground (Hi-Road)
Zion RV & Campground, near east gate Zion, UT

A lifesaver since Zion itself is now a madhouse.  Good luck ever getting a first come first serve spot in Zion.  The staff was very helpful in letting us stay with our spur-of-the-moment arrival.  Pretty rugged site, but with full hookups & a campfire pit. Shower & laundry facilities too.

Zion camping alternative

Got to Zion too late to snag a campsite in the park, so we headed back out the East entrance to the privately run Zion RV and Campground. On the plus side, it is right outside the east entrance, its not as big as the park campgrounds, it has showers on site as well as laundry and a game room if thats your thing, and we were able to get a site around noon as the weekend approached. On the downside, sites are tiny and tents are mixed in with RV's and campers, so lots of generator noise, and the bathrooms were not as clean as many others I've seen. Truly, this is an RV campground, not tent, but sometimes you take what you can get. No campfires allowed while we were there due to dry conditions, but there were fire rings for when conditions are better as well as picnic tables for each site. There is a gas station and pizza place conveniently located across the street.

Zion Ponderosa Ranch Resort

…is actually where I stayed although this app apparently hasn't added this to their map. Just outside Zion National Park, this resort has absolutely everything you'll need. ATV, horseback, rock climbing, and even canyoneering tours are available. With that being said, it's a given campers will have access to running water and astoundingly clean showers as well. The staff were all extremely welcoming and I certainly recommend this resort for solo up to large groups as well, being that large numbers can easily be accommodated for.

A good alternative to camping within Zion

We were unable to get a campsite within Zion National Park, and ended up camping here for a few nights instead. The campsites were clean, with access to toilets, showers, laundry facilities, and even a game room. They were near the south gate to the park, which offered a very scenic drive into the heart of the park, although the drive was a little longer than would probably be ideal. We actually ended up being relieved we stayed here instead of inside the park, simply because the park was so crowded! It was nice to escape at the end of the day to a place with just as magnificent views.

Awestruck views everywhere!

Zion is AWESOME! My friends and I hiked up the Angel's Landing. We were told that it's a very dangerous trail because it's so narrow and steep and high that we'd have to rely on the hand rail they installed toward the top. It was definitely scary (just a little) but not as bad as we were told. The hike was super steep was getting to the top was tiring, but once we got to the top, it was so worth it! Magnificent view!

The campsites were very well maintained and clean. But shower was a bit pricey. If I remember correctly $3 for 10 minutes. People from all over the world were at the campsites. Definitely worth checking out!

majestic

so incredibly beautiful!

Of course Zion was awesome!

My enthusiasm for this campground is probably somewhat influenced by how beautiful I found Zion to be--epic sunsets and great hiking trails! As far as the campground goes it had some good and some bad. The good was location and also convenient proximity to a store. The negative was that it was a little crowded (and I am crowd adverse) and that the bathrooms could have been better maintained. Nothing that wouldn't stop me from going back tho…had a blast!!!

Awesome

Zion was a whole new experience!! The sunsets are amazing the hike were just as spectacular. Cabin rental or camper sites available outside the park trail head and is a great alternative if the NP is full.

Out Of The Elements

Zion was a whole-nother experience!! Fire red sunsets, completely different setting from where I was use too and one of the tallest trail hikes and rock climb I have been on, seems that throughout the day the settings always change! Cabin rental or camper sites available outside the park trail head. Be prepared for masterpiece painted memories!!

Camp ground close to Zion National Park entrance

Great camp ground with all the amenities to make car camping luxurious. Pool, laundry, snacks and not to mention walking distance to everything in town. There is a nice river running behind the camp ground