Camping in Hi Country Estates

Hi Country Estates, Utah

Recent Walk-In Reviews Near Hi Country Estates, Utah

428 Reviews of 70 Hi Country Estates, Utah Campgrounds

Reviewed Sep. 17, 2021

Nice park, not so nice area

The park is nice, and my rating is primarily based on the area. The surrounding area is not so nice. Lots of noises from traffic, trains, airplanes, and the factory across the street. I would recommend staying outside the city, but if you absolutely need to stay in this area it is a good park.

Nice park

Nice park, but the pads can be exceptionally out of level.

Reviewed Sep. 17, 2021

Good stop that is city adjacent

Looks like less of a parking lot than the adjacent private RV park. Short walk to the beach and swimming area, but no other significant recreational activities. Sites are paved, many with hookups. Served well as an overnight stop on our way north.

Lawrence The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Sep. 11, 2021

Wonderful state park!

What a neat state park! Lots to do here. Hiking, biking, boating, swimming, and just strolling around the place. The staff was GREAT! Very friendly and courteous. Each area has there own camp host, if you have any issues, which is nice. Ed and his wife were ours for the 2 wks. we were there. Nice…

l
Reviewed Sep. 11, 2021

Great SLC stop over

This my 3 stay here at Utah Lake state park. 2x in July and now in September. I’m a single female traveler. With the heat this summer I’ve been boondocking in the mountains and then come down to the valley to restock and plug in for a few days. This state park checks all of the boxes.

S
Reviewed Sep. 10, 2021

Hidden gem right off the freeway.

This place was an oasis for any traveler. The sites are spacious, well placed with lovely views all around. I had a small river behind me. There’s a large pool and plenty of play areas. As large as Echo Island is, it’s surprisingly peaceful.

• my site to the right of photo
  • view in front/side of my site
SiteH8
Eric F.

Love it

Close to home, beauatiful sites.

Eric F.

Descent

Good fishing, open area but not very scenic

Antelope Island

Great place to see some wildlife and you are still relatively close to the city. I saw Bison, coyote, cool spiders and tons of birds and insects.

• lots of Bison.  you can get pretty close and stay in your car
  • view back towards the city
  • pronghorn sheep

Jordanelle

Good fishing (trout, Kokanee salmon, bass). It can get crowded in the summer. Lots of boat traffic

• there are good places for the kids to swim

Utah Lake

Utah Lake State Park gets a lot of users both day users and overnight. It is pretty close to population centers.

I like to go to fish. There are a lot of catfish and white bass. Some walleye. The kids like to swim though the water is a little muddy in some parts

• white bass—when fishing is hot you can catch over 100 in an hour or two
  • kiddos like swimming in Utah Lake.  The water is a little muddy sometimes
E
Reviewed Aug. 31, 2021

Great Park!

This park was much larger than most we have visited. It was very handy to all the sights and close to downtown. Every space is paved and has plenty of shade. Cable, WiFi, and phone signals are good. Highly recommend. We stayed a week. $69 night.

TThe Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Aug. 29, 2021

Nice and quiet

I pick up a new rv locally and need some time to pack out the new rv. Stayed 3 nights. Very quiet and would recommend.

Sitep8
tThe Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Aug. 26, 2021

Close and yet far away

A wonderful local campground close to Salt Lake City up big Cottonwood Canyon. Best for self contained camping. Clean flush toilets with good showers.

SThe Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Aug. 23, 2021

Great spot

We stayed here for one night. Friendly host greeted us. Lots of big trees for shade in the C section. Enough space in between each lot to be comfortable. Clean and spacious bathrooms. Only drawback is proximity to the interstate for noise reasons…not obnoxious but noticeable. Would definitely…

SiteC45