Wolfe City, TEXAS

Camping Texas Wolfe City

Most Recent Wolfe City Camping Reviews
Brand New RV Park in N Texas

Hidden Grove is a brand new RV park just east of Honey Grove in north Texas. I spent a night here just to get out during the virus lockdown. The sites are paved and ready to go. WiFi still needs to be setup but cell coverage works. Give them a few months and this is going to be a great RV Park.

Beautiful Park on Lake Fork

Recently spent a day and evening at this RV park. Beautiful park with everything your heart desires. Good and friendly people run the park and keep it in great shape.

Great place for a quick overnight from DFW

This is a nice little state park with good camping. The bathrooms are clean as are most Texas state park. There are small hiking trails that are kid friendly. I think the longest was 3 miles.

Oasis in the city

What a great getaway that feels like you’re far from home but only a few min away for us. When you want a spur of the moment trip it’s a great place to go. The only thing I would change is the bathroom facilities, there are no doors at all!

Reasonably priced and located, but needs some maintenance

RV sites have water and 50/30 amp electric and there are 12 tent sites. We had a nice view of Lake Lavon. Grills and tables vary by site, some are very old, but many have been replaced. There are trees- some large enough to provide some shade if desired, but most small enough to allow satellite reception. The sites are well spaced and are"mostly" paved with aging asphalt. The roads are in need of repair, with numerous potholes, some very large, but the attendant did say that the park was on the CoEs list for repairs. There is a dump station just outside the entrance. The entry gate is locked from 10PM to 6AM, so plan accordingly if leaving the park, lest you park outside and walk back to your site. Overall, this is a good value, and one of the few non-RV park options in the greater Dallas area.

Classic Old State Park

Beautiful old Texas State Park with all the hookups and things you need for a nice time. Level sites all with great water views close to everything. Very nice and helpful staff.

Beautiful State Park

Spent an evening here recently this fall and the park didn’t disappoint. Very nice site with grill, fire pit and table surrounded by big oak trees and right on the lake. Lots of trails and fishing.

Lots of trees

Beautiful campground.  There are a few full hookups. There is a swim area and boat dock.  Some sites have double concrete, most just single.  Many of the sites are surrounded by trees and very private.

Nice clean park not to far from Dallas..

We really enjoyed the park it is pretty wide and spread out on lake cooper. We stayed in the Brightstar area of the park and had a great time. The bathrooms were very clean and in good working order. Was a great getaway not to far outside of Dallas TX. We will come back for sure. Has a beach area for swimming in warmer weather and a dock and boat ramp if you take your boat.

Shaded lakeside camping in Deer Haven

The South Sulphur campground is about half an hour north of Interstate 30. It’s under a 2 hour drive from the DFW area so, I find it’s a nice weekend getaway. I camped here on a Sunday to Monday and it was very quiet. I was one of only 5 campers in the Deer Haven section (aside from the 3 camp hosts). I’m giving the park 5 stars but this is based on my experience of having camped here when there were few campers around. I image this place could be loud and busy on a weekend.

There are many shaded lakeside sites in the Deer Haven section. I stayed at site 68. The site was on a cul de sac so there was no campground to the one side. However, the site located on the other side was close. This would be a great spot for 2 camping families to share. The concrete pad at site 68 was level and shaded by a beautiful, mature oak tree. I could walk from the pad to the lake. It would be a great site to put out a kayak, but unfortunately the weather didn’t cooperate on my stay. So I didn’t get to kayak. I did see deer who ventured in from the wooded area next to the campsite.  Deer Haven lived up to its name!

Electric and water hookups were good as were the restroom/shower facilities, which seemed climate controlled because it felt cooler and less humid inside than outside. This usually isn’t the case in these buildings.

A big storm blew in around dinner time. The wind was fierce and blowing out of the north across the almost 20,000 acre lake! I actually called the ranger to find out if I needed to evacuate. The ranger was very responsive and reassuring. Luckily, there were no tornados warnings, so I weathered out the storm and woke to a beautiful crisp morning.

This park is huge and there is much to do. Cabins, shelters, primitive walk in sites, equine sites, a beach, several boat ramps, hiking trails, playgrounds and a fishing pier. I didn’t get to see a fraction of it, but I’ll be returning.

I stopped in the town of Sulphur Springs on my way back to DFW. The town has a nice historic town square and makes for an interesting side stop.