About Lake Tawakoni RV Campground

Lake Tawakoni is the major water source for the city of Dallas, and Lake Tawakoni RV Camping Resort is the home of a quiet, peaceful RV camp in Texas. The park sits on a beautiful preserve where fishing, boating and bird watching are popular pastimes. Crappie, catfish, striped bass, and sand bass are some of the main species at our RV camp, and in Texas many guests take up the sport of fishing for the first time at our campground. A 20-slip marina in the main part of the park offers convenient access to the lake.

Located in Rains County, the bald eagle capital of Texas, Lake Tawakoni RV Camping Resort is the destination for many who come to the area for its spectacular bird viewing opportunities. The nearby city of Emory has caf?0073002c grocery stores, clinics and drug stores that are convenient for visitors. People come from all over the state to visit nearby Canton and First Monday, the largest flea market in the world, held the first week of each month.

Lake Tawakoni RV Camping Resort is in a rural part of the state, about 65 miles east of Dallas and 30 miles from Greenville. Come and discover this tranquil RV camp in Texas' northeast region.

New Cabins/Cottages Have Arrived! Quiet RV Camp in Texas Whether you're planning a retreat for the whole family, a group of friends or a getaway for two, there's no shortage of unique activities to explore at Lake Tawakoni RV Campground. Plan activities upon arrival or visit this page before your departure to plan ahead. Looking for more? Our friendly staff can fill you in on all of the great ways to make your stay a memorable experience.

Thousand Trails
Lake Tawakoni RV Campground is located in Texas
Directions
From the east: Take I-30 west to Highway 11/Highway 19 in Sulphur Springs, Texas. Take Exit 122 off I-30 and turn left (south) at the Highway 11 intersection. Travel on Highway 11 for a half mile, then Highway 11 will split into Highway 11 south and Highway 19 south. Continue on Highway 19 south towards I-69 in Emory, Texas. At the I-69 intersection, turn right (I-69 North) and continue towards to Highway 276. At the Highway 276 intersection, turn left (276 West). Continue on Highway 276 West to FM 47. At the FM 47 intersection, turn left (FM 47 South) and continue to the campground entrance on County Road 1470. Look for the Thousand Trails signs at the campground entrance which will be on the right. From the north: Take I-69 to FM 47 in Point, Texas. Proceed on FM 47 south to the campground entrance on County Road 1470. Follow the signs to Thousand Trails. From I-20: Take I-20 to Highway 64 in Canton, Texas. Take Exit 523 off I-20 and turn right at the Highway 64 intersection (64 West). Continue on Highway 64 west to I-80 in Wills Point, Texas. At the I-80 intersection, turn left (I-80 West). Continue on I-80 west to the FM 47/Fourth Street junction. Turn right onto FM 47 north. Follow signs for FM 47 north to the campground entrance on County Road 1470. Look for the Thousand Trails signs at the campground entrance which will be on the left.
2 Reviews of Lake Tawakoni RV Campground
Camping with resort amenities !

Most sites are full hookup’s, level and sandy surface, shade trees. The park is great its real camping with the amenities of a resort. Pool play ground, game room and a 250 yard driving range! The place could us some TLC, but I would still recommend going there! Great place if you have a boat or kayak!

Beautiful campground

Easy to access, even for larger rigs. We stayed in 39 foot 5th wheel. Plenty of pull thru spots, full hookups, regularly spaced bathroom/showers. nice laundry room and rec areas.