The best STANDARD (TENT/RV) camping near
Lazy Acres , TENNESSEE

Camping Tennessee Lazy Acres Standard (Tent/RV)

Most Recent Lazy Acres Camping Reviews
Secluded But In the Middle Of It All

This was a great little campground. It’s just a very short drive to Gatlinburg and the Sugarlands Visitor Center of GSM National Park. The campground offers full hookups, PRIVATE bathrooms with great showers, ice and firewood sales, shuttle to downtown, and waterfront sites. We stayed in site #16 and it was perfect! It’s one of their wider sites so we didn’t feel we were on top of our neighbors. The Little Pigeon River was just steps off the back of our camper. My kids enjoyed the swimming hike as well although the water was freezing. The staff was friendly and everything was very clean. It’s pricey, but I’d definitely go back!

Nothing really bad. Lots for kids to do, sites not completely level. Pizza was good. Propane fairly priced.

Good cable, easy hookups. Most sites have dual sewer connects, makes it easier.

One drawback.. I assume owner was riding two different motorcycles, and a gator, so a little noise then, but mostly quiet and nice at night. I would stay again.

Road leading in is VERY narrow, don't know how two rigs could pass each other.

Get a patio site if you can, they're very nice.

Not bad, needs more cleaning

My site was covered in dried mud, cigarette butts all over. They don't seem to clean the sites much. Showers/restrooms need better cleaning. They allow local traffic to cut thru park, I can't imagine why, and it's fairly non-stop all day. Never seen a park do that. Speed limits (5MPH) rarely followed. Fire pits and picnic tables oddly located about 25' from the back of your pad. Sewer/water can be a reach. (I needed 20' of sewer hose, 25' of water.) Electric is right on rear corner of pad, driver side.

The good: Sites are concrete pads, level. Staff friendly. Saw rangers often, but they never warn people to slow down. Nice lake. Multiple playgrounds for kids. Paved walking trails. Paddle boat rental. ($10/hr). Plenty of room between sites, easy back in. Firewood avail.

Would visit again!

I love Elkmont because of the River…and we were finally able to get a reservation on the River (B09) and I’m shocked to say I won’t stay on the River again. River spots are closer together and talking over the roaring is difficult at times. Gorgeous but loud. Waste water system was being worked on so Port-o-Potties were setup where each bathroom was. Inconvenient, but they were cleaned and pumped out each day which made it tolerable. Concessions stand doesn’t open until May. This campground remains a favorite of mine, but our trip was not what I had expected it to be this time. Will 100% go back and I think everyone should stay there at least once.

Beautiful campsite under a canopy of trees

26 is an absolutely gorgeous campsite! Houses 10 tents and the trees are so plentiful, its perfect if you're a hammock camper. Two fire pits. Tent sites at the front and back, although the sites in the back have more roots to contend with. Two bag pulley systems.

The water source is 0.1 miles down a little trail off from the front sites, and it's a trickle spring, and although it takes some time to fill 3 water bladders, it's still a decent source. Many downed trees from long ago that surrounds the site and near the main trail gives you plenty of wood for a fire. The coyotes and owls were vocal and active up there. And the highlight of our stay was we were "joined" by 2 does during breakfast.

Nice but....

This is a campground with lots of trees and water front lots but seems like the prime areas are filled with long term campers, so much for the 14 day limit, no openings for the weekenders near the beach area and only a couple of waterfront sites are available. The road is rutted and potholes thru out and our neighbors ran their generator all night, very loud considering I was in a tent. I’ll probably stay again but not my top choice.

Wonderful park, great campground, can’t say enough good things ...

Well maintained, large campground. Plenty of bathroom/shower facilities located around the campground; clean and functional. Lots of good hiking nearby, as well as other outdoor activities (that I didn’t do). Informative visitor’s center with helpful rangers onsite (even on weekends). Great history lessons about the Big South Fork area, interpretive hikes (which I did do) and fair warning about the ticks.

Clean, Convenient, and Friendly.

If you're going to go to Smokie Mountain National Park, the is the side to stay on. Gatlinburg is absolutely nuts while Townsend is about 1000% calmer. The KOA is exactly what you'd expect. Knowledgeable staff and clean facilities.

Pros:

-Fantastic bathrooms and showers. Laundry was on point as well.

-The river is beautiful

-Immediate access to the national park

Cons:

-Like most KOAs, it's packed.

-Children run the night like Westside Story.

-The playground was the center hub of a swarm of bees.

Long story short, stay here. It's great.

Deiving tour and hike

Unreal and must visit Smoky Mountain destination. Awesome automobile loop scenic drive and several other hiking paths we took. All sort of wildlife and abandon cabins and farm houses.

Stepping back in time

Walked, hiked and toured the Elkmont area and campground in the Smoky Mountains. Campground not yet open but have spots picked out next to heavy flowing streams. Great history as old time cabins have been preserved. Read about the history of this little now abandon town. Some stuff it’s haunted. Awesome day here.