The best DRIVE IN camping near
Lazy Acres , TENNESSEE

Most Recent Lazy Acres Camping Reviews
Highly recommended if you’re visiting the Smoky Mountains

What a great park.

From the well maintained and equipped sites and the trolly stop for transportation downtown to the good WIFI and beautiful creeks on each side, we would highly recommend this campground.

We spent four days here while exploring Pigeon Forge, Gatlinburg, Great Smoky Mountain National Park, and surrounding areas.

The registration office was closed while we were there due to COVID but that didn’t change anything for us.

The only things that could make this better would be laundry on site, a larger dog area, and possibly a camp store but with everything that is located so close by, it is not a big need.

We much prefer this to the campgrounds on the strip because it felt secluded but was still close enough to not miss a thing.

Good Place for Families

The Townsend KOA is located close to the entrance of Cades Cove. It has many rv, tent, and cabin sites. The sites on the river seem to be the best. They are out of the way and a little more spaced out. We had the pull thru patio site #61. The site itself is really nice. It has a big patio and fire pit. The major downside is it’s next the main in/out and basketball court. So cars are driving by and the basketball court was slightly annoying. Lots of screaming kids and bouncing balls all day until midnight the first night. Not very peaceful. It’s weird that they put one of the nicer sites next to the court. Other than the site location everything was nice. The playground is large and nice. There’s a great store on site. The people were really helpful. Cellphone and WiFi was very hit and miss. I would definitely stay again but not in that site.

Upscale Camping

The Ridge is really nice and fully paved. We went when the large top section was closed, so it wasn’t crowded, but I would think fully open it could seem crowded. The playground is small and crowded at times. One of the couples with us rented a Glamping Tent. It was a lot nicer than I imagined. Full kitchen and bathroom.

Great Low Key Campground

Honeysuckle Meadows is a small low key campground in Wears Valley between Pigeon Forge and Townsend. The sites a spaced out so you have privacy. We really enjoyed that it was not crowded and busy. The sites have full hookups and WiFi was excellent. There is a pool and pond. It does not have a bathhouse, laundry, or playground. I would not recommend for kids unless they don’t need the bells and whistles to be entertained.

A great spot!

I have stayed here multiple times and Kelli and Wayne (the owners) never disappoint. Everything about the spot is great and they have pretty much everything you would need (except alcohol as the county is dry, so bring your own). Great location and great food! This is my go to spot when out riding.

Nice Campground with nice people

I rated this a 4 because the camping sites are quite close together which feels like you are almost up on top of your neighbor.  The setting is quite beautiful and most have a river view (I love waking up to the sound of flowing water).  The swimming hole really wasn't much of a swimming hole, which was disappointing because that was the whole reason that my sister, visiting from California, wanted to stay there.  It was quite pricey, so I am not sure that we would stay there again when it might be more affordable to stay elsewhere.  We stayed Easter weekend and it was sweet that they did an Easter egg hunt for the smaller kids.

This made me sad.

I live not far from here and we camped at site #3 we picked up so much trash in and around our site that it was sad.

Great family campground

We stayed at campsite 81 and it had plenty of room for our family of 3 human and 2 K-9's. Very pretty area and the playground close to us was a great benefit. Highly recommend the campground but some spaces are tight and blindside back. Added: The lady running the Rangers station was the absolute nicest person so far at all the State Parks we've been to.

Nice clean campground