The best GROUP camping near
Wildaire , SOUTH CAROLINA

Most Recent Wildaire Camping Reviews
Everything you could want

I was born in SC and my parents retired just across the NC state line. I have camped most of my life. I am ashamed to say this was my first time here, but it won't be my last. Fishing, hiking, kayaking, swimming, birding. All that combined with quiet serenity. The host was wonderful. The bathrooms were dated, but clean. Hot Showers. You are also within a short drive to Travelors Rest or about 45 min - 1 hr to Greenville. Greenville. SC. A great day trip. Ashville is also worth a drive to visit Biltmore.

Kings mountain National military park

Sweet little 4 mile hike back to a primitive camping area. There is one designated area but we passed a few campsite scattered along other areas of the trail. The National park sits back-to-back with the state park and is joined by a nice trail.

Great place for a stop.

Not too far off of I-26 about a half mile down a well-maintained gravel road. Plenty of level campsites. Two out houses that seem to be cleaned about once a week. Fire pits and picnic tables at most campsites.

Awesome campground run by the NICEST family

I have brought family here, planned a girls trip here, planned just nice getaways here.. etc. And I'll keep on coming back because this camping spot is incredible for the cabin or the rv camping experience. The sites are well spaced. The grounds are well planned. Everyone is so nice. It is just awesome out here.

Awesome views!

This park has some of the most beautiful views I have ever experienced at a campground. We stayed in one of the cabins and the bathrooms were super clean, the cabin was incredibly nice and we really enjoyed our stay! Black Mountain is a GREAT town and not too far from the campground but also just far enough.

Very nice quiet and clean

Spent three nights here to explore surrounds. Beautiful quiet smaller campground. Facilities spotlessly clean.

Great fun!

My family of four stayed here for 3 nights and loved it, even though it rained a little. There is the Stumphouse tunnel and a waterfall nearby that are a lot of fun too. My daughter enjoyed paddleboats and mini golf. The prices were great for activities. We would love to come here again.

Beautiful and convenient

This was just a stop-over for us on a longer road trip. It’s location is convenient to the interstate, Asheville, and the Blue Ridge. Sites were beautifully wooded, ample hiking nearby. Bathrooms were clean. Will definitely return!

North Mills River - NC

Campsite was clean and well maintained. My family enjoyed being so close to the river and exploring a new area.

Peaceful serenity

Have waited six months into our RV life to start reviews for fair comparisons. Spent 5 nights. This was our introduction to ACE campgrounds and we were sold right away. Huge site right on the lake. So peaceful. Not a whole lot to do in the park (fine by me, happy to stare at a lake) but nice long walk to the dam, some reasonable mountain biking quick drive away.