This map requires WebGL
Please update your web browser or enable WebGL to view the map.Troubleshooting Info
The #1 Camping App
Camp with confidence with the highest-ranked camping app for both iOS and Android. Search more than 1 million listings, reviews, and tips for campsites across the U.S.
Enter your phone number to get the app.
We are first-year seasonal at Bowdish and have loved it. Even with Covid-related restrictions we have had a great year. Our site Blue 111 is spacious with lots of privacy. With very few exceptions the staff and other seasonal campers are all very nice and friendly. We are sad the season is coming to an end but look forward to making many more memories at Bowdish. I
We packed up the RV, our two dogs and drove to Mystic, CT. It was our first trip to the area. We chose Mystic KOA and stayed in a full hook up-50amp pull through site. On arrival, the campground was clean and spacious. Office staff very helpful with check in, and we were easily able to find our site. There were many things to do within the campground, some closed due to Covid, but that didn’t matter. We had a great time walking the dogs, and we used the dog run several times.
The campground is close to Mystic Seaport, which was beautiful. We ate Mystic Pizza II at our campsite (right down the road), and visited the adorable town of Groton to eat at Fred’s Lobster.
We will definitely return! Great experience!
Resort is the right word! We went in cooler September during Covid, so we couldn’t take advantage of all the amenities, but we’ve already decided we need to book a trip for peak season next summer. We had two sites side by side for our group of 7 and two dogs. The staff will deliver wood right to your site. The only con is the sites are not very private…at all.
Very well maintained, clean and picturesque. Go in late September when the kids are back to school and there are very few campers. Holiday weekends are crowded but the sites are large and spread apart. No hookups but that's ok if you are self contained. Plenty of bath/toilet facilities and close to kayaking on the Wood river if you dont prefer the very large pond that you can access in the campground. Great place to bike and hike.
I usually wait until our camping trip is over to review, but this place is so great I had to post something. With only 1 other review we were skeptical about trying this place out, but we found one of our new favorite campgrounds. Mineral springs staff is very friendly and welcoming, the campsites are clean, maintained and ready for you upon arrival. Got a last minute spot on a Friday evening with privacy and amenities (usually you cant even find a tent spot during peak season on a Friday). Great place, we will be coming back often!
Dishonest Advertising. We booked our site in January 2020. The website clearly states: Sites from$1,600 to$3,500 per season. Which is reasonable but when we got here in May 2020 the same site, we reserved had went from$3,500.00 to$3,900.00. Even to this day(August 12, 2020) it still states that the maximum site charge is$3,600.00 on their website. Nothing stating on their website any of the extra charges I'm about to mention. You're probably wondering why we stayed, well they will not do ANY refunds no matter the reason and since we have full hook-up, we never had to use the restrooms or any other facilities here. Thank God! First:
1. If you have a truck that pulls your 5th wheel or Travel Trailer it's an additional$75.00. Additional Truck$200.00
2. Depending where you look, on their website: no trailers over 35' or on their hand-outs for trailers: for each foot over 35 feet:$50.00/Foot
3. If you have an additional vehicle it's another$125.00
4. Extra Related Adult:$125.00
5. Child in family over age 14:$100.00
6. If you have a pet it's another$50.00 to$100.00 depending on size. But there is no dog park.
7. Golf Cart:$150.00
8. Boat(Canoe, Row, Pedal, Double Kayak)$50.00 for each one
9. Pontoon Boat:$100.00
10. Boat Motor:$3.00 per Horse Power
11. Boat Trailer At Camp:$50.00
12. Dock At Site:$2.00/sq. ft.
13. BLCA Dock Space- single$300.00
14. BLCA Dock Space- pontoon$350.00
15. If you have an outside small refrigerator it's another$50.00
16. If you want cable it's another$100.00
17. If you have guest it's$20.00 per car and$2.50 for each guest
18. Deck:$75.00 open/$150.00 enclosed(An additional$50.00 is due if deck exceeds 199
square feet threshold for building permit.)
19. The Health department should close down the restrooms, see photos and there is
never any hot water. The owner(John) keeps shutting it off to save money.
20. Out of Code electricity. Complaint filed with BBB. Campground goes without power
as electric company seeks upgrades. Broadcasted on NBC 10 News. John(the owner)
does not allow the electric company within the park. He does everything himself and we
are constantly out of power.
21. The biggest rip-off is the electricity charges. Bowdish charges seasonal campers.3496
cents per kWh and.50 cents per kWh for non-seasonal. that means with a 30amp RV
your power bill is around$250.00 per month if you use your A/C. We use propane for the
frig& hot water and it's still around$250.00 during the months of July and August.
Bowdish charges 3 times in National Grid! Even if you don't use any electricity, you're still
charged$40.00 per month.
22. There are some beautiful wooded sites but don't expect to get any waterfront. They
are already taken. Most of the travel trailers are 10 plus years old with make-shift
unfinished, unpainted screen rooms.
23. There is absolutely no beach parking at all. You
must carry your beach equipment to the beach each time no matter how far you are away from the beach.
24. There are no Full Hook-Ups on the waterfront sites! People just dump their brown
and black sewage on their site. Disgusting! There is a mobile pump-out service but you
never see them within the park.
Please Check out these websites to explain more: