the dyrt
About Paradise Campground Boat Ramp
This trailhead provides access to: McKenzie River Trail #3507 See Trail page for more information. ACTIVITIES Hiking
Price
$20.00
USDA Forest Service
Paradise Campground Boat Ramp is located in Oregon
Directions
From McKenzie Bridge, OR, follow Highway 126 east 5 miles and turn left (north) into Paradise Campground (Forest Road 300). Past the 2 gates on your left, there will be parking on the right before the one way loop in the road. This parking is for McKenzie River Trailhead at Paradise Campground.
4 Reviews of Paradise Campground Boat Ramp
Funky sites, but fabulous location

I often pull my pig of a trailer (25') so comment based on those experiences. I got into this campsite late and just needed a place to park the pig. Oregon State Parks have the best website, brochures and information so you can often drive in totally prepared. USFS has some major catching up to do. I talked with the campsite manager (who was just great) and looked at the campground map that was posted (a first) and still had to stop and walk into numerous sites before I found one that could safely accommodate the pig. I'll be honest, the campground layout was very weird. However, this campground is on the gorgeous McKenzie River so it gets major points for that. Many sites were right on the river and from any site you could hear it. As usual with USFS parks this one was super dark and quiet. Got the dogs out for a hike on a trail I'd spotted and it was awesome. Lots of huge trees and again this is where I feel USFS falls short. I have no idea where the trail went, does it loop, etc. No signage, maps, info available to help. No matter. I love USFS campgrounds!!!!!

Want to mention that Hwy 242 is one of the most amazing discoveries I made this trip. However, this is NOT a road for RV's of any kind. There is NO wiggle room as this extremely narrow "highway" was carved through lava fields and those lava walls are literally inches off the edge of the road. Not to mention the turns are many and super tight. It was white knuckle for 40 miles. Not to mention none of the campgrounds on that highway cater to RV's….fancy that!!!! So take your small cars and tents and enjoy!!!! Or if you have an RV, park on either side of Hwy 242 and drive your small vehicle in on day trips.

Campsite 37

Super cozy campsite next to a beautiful old growth Doug Fir. Room for 2 small tents.

Group campsite 33

Stayed at Paradise with a big group spread over multiple campsites. We used 33 as our gathering spot and it was awesome. Room for several tents on nice flat spots, not too close to adjacent sites with drinking water just across from parking. The slow moving creek means mosquitos are pretty bad at dusk, but bearable. River is a short walk.

Campsite 55

Beautiful spot right on the river, but all the tent sites are on a slight slant and the parking is too steep for in vehicle sleeping.