About Belknap Hot Springs Lodge and Gardens

Belknap Hot Springs is located on the McKenzie River, one of Central Oregon's hidden jewels and is great for camping near Eugene.

Open 365 days of the year with our two mineral hot spring pools and many acres of gardens including the extravagant Secret Garden, Belknap offers a relaxing experience not soon to be forgotten.

NO WALK IN TENT CAMPING STARTING November 1, 2019 until April 1st 2020.

Tent camping is going up in price from $30 to $35 per night for Belknap.

Hike In
Belknap Hot Springs Lodge and Gardens is located in Oregon
44.1924 N
14 Reviews of Belknap Hot Springs Lodge and Gardens
A Gem on the Beautiful McKenzie River

Belknap is a special place. It straddles the beautiful McKenzie River and natural hot springs. The hot springs are pumped into two commercial sized in-ground pools which are perfect for soaking. This is our favorite thing about this place. Belknap is also close to great hiking and mountain biking - the McKenzie River trail goes right by and Blue Pool, and Koosah and Sahalie Falls are a short drive away.

Belknap is much more of a rustic resort than a campground, but it does offer walk-in camping. With cabins and many RV spots it definitely caters to these folks, but offers something for everyone. The grounds our well manicured and don’t forget to check out the secret garden by crossing the foot bridge by the lodge to meander into a wonderful garden area.

Surrounded by nature (hotsprings, riverside)

We were lucky enough to get site number 1 which has a hot spring by it and it is river front (McKenzie River 🤩). They have rooms available, riverfront sites as well as another big area with cabins and for RVs. There is a tent area, we didn’t go there but we saw a bunch of people pulling a cart with their stuff to the tent area which is on the other side of the river. The property has the carts and you can just borrow. We did not have full hook up, only water and electric and that’s what we needed for one night. I am not sure they have full hook ups at the upper RV area. We loved staying there, you are literally in the forest, you can enjoy a nice walk around the park, they have a few trails or just sit by the river and relax. The lodge has two hits springs in the form of pools - we did not get in it because it was a bit crowded and we were there at the end of June, when Covid-19 was still around. The one by the reception and the River is bigger and the one is a bit smaller and gets crowded fast. They were requiring appointments for the second one in order to control the number of people in it and it looked like 25 was still too many people for such a small area. They are dog friendly and they offer breakage for lodge guests. We saw a food truck parked outside of the lodge but it was not open, unfortunately. It would have been cool to get food there. Bring food, water and anything else you need because there are no grocery stores around and they don’t have many options at their store at the lodge. We saw a few people fishing across de river from us! The property is very well taken care of. Beautiful flowers, plants, trees and lawn. There are a ton of hikes in the area. Proxy falls is not too far from this place and worth the trip. Great to go alone, as a couple or family.

Remote tent sites right on the water!

Nice tent sites removed from the lodge and RV sites. Lovely walking trails and accessibility to soaking pools with hot spring water. Staff as very friendly, but the one bathroom was very dirty. They do sell firewood and ice at the checkin - which was nice.

Overall - a lovely getaway.

Beautiful grounds

The RVs locations are great, some are VERY close together. The lodge is beautiful and rustic. But there isn't really any food there.  The hot spring pool is nice and relaxing. The pool can get overcrowded.  It was clean when we were there, although I have heard complaints since.

The grounds are gorgeous.  Please go find the secret garden.  Dogs are allowed but there are many places they cannot go.  they do enforce the 6 ft dog leash law.

From the lodge, you can do a float down the river.  It is a blast!  Definitely the highlight of the trip for us.

Hike/Bike by day, Soak at night!

We love Belknap Hot Springs! Situated on the McKenzie River and near the McKenzie River Trail (MRT), this spot has it all. The MRT is known for world class mountain biking as well as waterfalls, lakes, the blue pool, and of course the river. It’s an amazing trail for hikers and bikers. I’ve done both and loved it! The campground has many great RV sites, cabins, and a lodge. Our favorite feature is the hot springs. They pump the natural hot water into commercial pools. This makes it so easy and relaxing to soak after a long day of hitting the trail. The river is also know for fishing and white water rafting. So much do to here! We love it here! I almost forgot, there is a beautiful secret garden at Belknap…don’t miss it!

The mighty McKenzie

I stayed here in two tent sites with my son and my parents early June. Because it was forecasted to be raining, we had chosen a drive in site. The sites are very close together, good for families, otherwise you better hope for compatible neighbors. The tent sites that require packing in your things may be different, I don’t know. Lots of RVers who literally never seemed to come outside. The population who seemed to be camping felt very safe to me as a female who typically adventures alone. Elders, families, no partiers. Quiet. Front desk staff is helpful. Couldn’t get a phone signal the whole time, so freeing and easy to be present! Pools were definitely relaxing and easy to reserve. My parents liked the main pool near the lodge because it’s bigger and more open, I preferred the smaller pool because it was quieter and more zen like. Right off the site loop is the McKenzie River Trail, spanning over 20miles, beautiful for exploring on foot or bike. I didn’t go over the bridge to the lodge gardens myself but my parents enjoyed them. The bridge itself though is right over the river, and the loud, fast, wild water was terrifyingly beautiful during the day and again at night in the complete darkness. Four stars instead of five because I do wish there was more secluded and private sites.

Quiet and remote campsites connected to a resort

Decent sites tucked way back in the woods. Be ready for a trek; we walked at least a mile into our site. They do provide wheelbarrows for your gear if necessary. The Hot Springs were crowded and kids were playing Marco Polo in them. Not the Hot Springs experience I had in mind but did the trick for tired legs coming off of a Mackenzie Pass ride. Nice little shop for food and supplies at the lodge.

Love this place

Great for any kind of camper or non-camper. Tents, RVs, cabins, the lodge, they have it all. Staff is friendly and the hot spring pools are wonderful. We have tent camped here and have rented a cabin and had a great experience both times.

Awesome experience

Rv sites with hook ups next to the beautiful McKenzie River. Hike in cabins available. Two pools with water from the hot springs….clean and relaxing. Hike to the secret garden and enjoy the fountain and scenery. Great place for couples/families. Pit stop on a bike ride over the McKenzie Pass.

Great

Great hot springs. Sites are very close together. Close to fly fishing on the McKenzie.