Fremont-Winema National Forest, OREGON

Camping Oregon Fremont-Winema National Forest
Most Recent Fremont-Winema National Forest Camping Reviews
Free!

Free and beautiful! Great spot near Crater Lake National Park. Head down the hill to more remote tent sites.

Clean and cozy

Clean family owned. Right on the Williamson River. Showers are amazing and so clean. This is a great spot to spot in if you are passing through or need a break for a day or two. You have about 8’ from your RV door to your neighbor’s. Not much in the area to see. We will absolutely be back if we are passing through! Staff was so so friendly! Not sure about the prior reviewers experience but we did not have anything of the sort.

First camp we camped in Oregon

Really nice chill camp with a lot of spots, fire pits. You can camp right by the river, only problem there are a lot of mosquitos, but hey, it's by a river

The views almost make up for getting screamed at

I slept on the island, which was a unique experience. The camp ground was clean and very well maintained. Overall, a pleasant experience. That being said: I made my reservation over the phone on the same day. The lady was cordial and sounded nice over the phone when I let her know that I would be arriving later in the evening. However, when I arrived I was "greeted" by a man in a neon yellow shirt yelling at me from across the parking lot. He was telling me to leave and that I needed to "turn my *ss around and get off the property". This was very unsettling as a single woman traveling at night to an unknown campground. I replied to him by saying that I had a reservation. He shrugged and walked away, but continued to watch me set up camp at my designated campsite. I brought this up with the owner, and she made excuses for him (apparently he was the maintenance employee) , saying that they had been having problems with people using the campground as a park. Regardless, I suggested that they treat anyone who comes onto their property with kindness until they figure out whats going on. No paying guest should be yelled at. Ever. I will not be returning to this campground.

Beautiful!

It’s nice spread out kinda camp where there’s spots. Beautiful water location !

Beautiful!

It’s nice spread out kinda camp where there’s spots. Beautiful water location !

It’s a koa

Close together almost in the middle of town with building all around! Just my opinion only for emergency!

Gorgeous river small damn fishing kayaking boat dock! Park / playground d for kids safe secure peaceful! Showers are amazing and clean always! The host are return host there awesome! Living the life!

Beautiful peaceful! But the bugs!

Great free campground to enjoy the beautiful calm branch of the upper Klamath lake! More like a river!

Beautiful, quiet, friendly

When we first moved to Oregon, my family and I wanted to get out of a hotel while we searched the area for housing! The staff here was friendly, and easy to work with. They have clean bathroom facilities with nice hot showers! The camp sites are a bit close, but the location is surprisingly not frequented often from what I’ve noticed. There is a boat launch, and other areas where you can simply fish off the banks. Short trails are here as well! If you’re looking for longer trails there are plenty all around that you could do a short drive to or walk along the highway (don’t worry, the camp itself is not directly on the road!). The small town of keno is not far from camp either, so if you are in need of more ice or propane, they have small town “stores” to get your essentials from! Or, if you are in need to restock larger items, Klamath Falls is only 25 mins away. There’s lots of wildlife here as well! Deer, fish, birds, rabbits, the occasional mountain lion as well. Have fun, be safe!!

Woodsy riverbank near Hwy395

We stayed here at the recommendation of a friend—2 nights. Very clean bathrooms and unlimited showers. We stayed in a tenting site, with our mini Meerkat trailer, off the grid. Lots of bold chipmunks. Near the junction to go to Crater Lake, which we did as a day trip, about 45 minutes each way. Small grocery store in nearby Chiloquin. The campground is near the highway, and you can hear traffic occasionally, but there are a number of hiking trails (easy) and you can get down to the cold, clear river.

Dispersed camp nearby

The Marster Spring campground is about 8 miles up a gravel road outside of Paisley, OR. There are a number of dispersed camping sites along that road, some of which have rock fire pits. I camped for a night in a secluded spot right on the Chewaucan river. The campground itself has toilets and fire rings. Quiet and peaceful night listening to the water.

Passing through

Stayed here off season in the fall passing through the area. Beautiful but gets pretty chilly at night. Only stayed here for sleeping but campground was pretty empty. Nice free camping.

Great park for families

Great park not too far off the highway, only complaint is that the sites are slightly too close together. The staff are very nice and the bathrooms are very clean.

Very fun

A very fun campground that only seems to be busy around the summer months. Bathrooms are nice and campsites include a fire pit and picnic bench. People seemed to be very friendly and social. Nearby is the logging museum which is free to the public and open regular hours.

Close to Crater Lake

Free camping after April 30th. Permits are required otherwise. It's a big open parking lot with two fire pit areas and the snow hut with a wood stove in there. You can also go down to the lower lot area, which is a pretty steep and bumpy road maybe 100 yards long. Below there are a few other camp sites close to the river. Wouldn't take an RV down there even though there is space to turn around.

This is as close to the NP as you can get without being in a formal campground, which aren't open until summer season.

Our first night there were 4 other groups camping and our second night we were the only ones.

Right on the Williamson River

Right on the Williamson River, this campground is beautiful. The owners are very nice and accommodating. It has full hookups and a nice grass areas for tents. The bathrooms/showers were recently remodeled and very nice and clean. The river is great for fishing, and in the late summer you can catch crawdads for a delicious crawdad boil. In the office they have outdoor games such as corn hole and ladder ball you can use. Reservations are a must! It fills up quick in the summer.

Camped here as a kid

Grew up camping here every summer. My grandparents camped here forever and loved it too.

Nice free site

Good ATT coverage and a nice spot right on the lake

Great views of Lake... thats about it

4-5 pull thru sites. Pretty close together so the fire pit is a foot away from my slide out. There are some back in sites on the edges of the camp. Didn’t eat at the restaurant. Kayaks and paddle boats to rent. Staff are nice but hard to find at times. Bathrooms are clean but very rustic. Paid about $50 in April for full hookups- no cable, but has slow wifi.

KOA-WESOME

Great campground tucked in the middle of town, conveniently close to pretty much anything you could possibly need.

Beautiful and great fishing

We spent Memorial Day 2018 at this reservoir and it was gorgeous. It’s dry camping, but there are a couple outhouses provided. The area where we were camped did not have an outhouse, despite having campsites. This is why I only gave it 4 stars. If there are campsites, why no outhouse? If you don’t have a trailer with a bathroom, you have to go to another area to use the outhouse. Other than that, the area is beautiful. I loved to watch the pelicans, and the fishing was great. There were people who had camped at a different nearby reservoir who came to Holbrook to fish. The fishing was really good and both of my kids caught their first fish during this trip.

small campground

despite how small it is, this isn't too shabby of a spot. only restrooms and fire pits so be ok with not showering or having running water. some excellent spots in crooked creek for rainbow trout

Very small. Mainly day use for nearby fishing.

This roadside state park is very small and has a couple of small pull off areas where you can camp. This park appears mainly to be for day use and stop offs. There is fishing and boating access up a trail on the east side of the park.

Restrooms and picnic tables are the only amenities.

full hook ups and by the river

this campground has all the necessities . a laundry spot, playground, full hookups, boat ramp, etc. Seems like it caters more specifically to RVs and is close to hwy 97. It is a really clean well maintained spot. This campground is also right by the river which is really pretty.

Neat park with museum

Really nice park off of hwy 97. It has a neat museum and the facilities were clean. There is a neat clear creek is just down the road and has trails to explore. There were people kayaking on the creek. Lots of places available to park and it was a little crowded but still a nice park.

campground not open

this campground was closed. it looked like it had nice corrals for horses but the sign said closed and no one was around when we stopped by

spacious clean campground

nice well kept campground. This campground is a couple miles of dirt road off of hwy 97. The camp host was very helpful and nice. He explained to us where good spots to put our kayaks in. I saw two water spouts and there are bathrooms. The campgrounds are dispersed and it was not crowded when I was there. A little hot and dusty but that’s camping at times.

private simple campground

Very nice,quiet, clean, and simple campground. plenty of available spots I’ve been out here twice and still haven’t seen another camper. Pit toilet available but no hookups. There is a neat little creek right by the campsites. It’s a little ways off the main road and feels a bit secluded.