Fruitdale, OREGON

The #1 Camping App

Link to the App Store Link to Google Play
Most Recent Fruitdale Camping Reviews
Inaccurate photos

The photos listed here are NOT ACCURATE this is not big pine campground in southern Oregon

Great Pull Off Camping

When I found this campground it was a last moment find.    Originally I had intended on staying a little further up the road, but as the evening set in and signal was sparse I had discovered another camper pulling in at this location.

Unlike other campers which have reported on this campsite about a pay station, there was not one in tact when I entered.   Upon further review of the site I also noted it is listed as a free campsite on other campsite services, so I am not entirely sure about the payment for the camp itself.

Sites were simply pull offs from the main gravel road, this area is frequented by those wanting to fish in the creek and campers who enjoy larger sites for rigs to be off grid.    I spoke to a neighbor after arriving they mentioned it was a personal favorite for weekends to avoid the larger crowds which frequent the state campgrounds along the same stretch of highway.

Nothing to significant about the sites themselves.   Many were primitive with only fire rings constructed by others of rock.   I wasn't fortunate enough to find a location near a vault toilet, so being self sufficient I would say is a must when it comes to staying here.

The views themself were pretty spectacular when I woke in the morning to a light fog and overcast sky which seemed to waft down the side of the forest covered mountainous regions beside me.     I was very excited by how, despite not having any frills whatsoever it was a very nice place to stay for an evening.

When I awoke the next morning I took a drive through the entire roadside camp and noticed the location seemed to continue to go on for quite some distance with some pull outs offering options for several camps at once and others being more allocated for single camps.    The road was a bit bumpy in some places in a smaller car but with slow driving and smart driving you can make it with ease.

Best RV Park on the Rogue River

Looking for shade in the summer? Looking to camp on the river? Riverpark RV Resort is your answer. We have camped here 8 years before bing hired as camp hosts. We continue to live here at Riverpark and love helping our summer campers enjoy their stay in Grants Pass.

Believe me, the pictures on the website are really true and that is what the park looks like. 25 sites are right on the Rogue River. We are definitely the best park in Grants Pass.

Good location

Good location above the rogue river. Good views. Has alot of full and electrical hookups. However pretty busy road very close and has alot of vehicle noise.

Gorgeous Spot

I have yet to overnight camp here, but we have used this several times for day trips and it’s beautiful! My kids think there are fairies hidden around here it’s so pretty! The fall foliage mixed with the ferns is stunning, and even in the winter with a thin layer of snow on the ground it was still lovely. There’s so much detail with the leaves and ferns and water that the pictures really don’t do it justice.

Awesome little site.

This is a great little campground. A bit of a drive to the falls but that's okay.

Nice campground and lake

Peaceful. Love watching the water birds. Lots of trees. Even nice in the winter. Clean bathrooms and good hiking.

Perfect Winter Spot

Awesome lake access with a few different trails leading down to the water, or where it would be if the lake was full. Beautiful area and great areas for kids.

Great little campground

I went the first weekend in December and stayed one night. Had the whole place to myself and set up in one of the spots closest to the creek. There are fire pits and picnic tables at each spot. Had to pack everything in from the gate because it is off season but it was not difficult to do at all. I will be back hopefully with some snow next time!

Fantastic Fall Camping

I really enjoyed the 4 nights we stayed Nov ‘19. We fortunately had great weather, cool evenings/nights and warm days. I arrived before 5:00 without a reservation, picked a site, and called the county parks line to pay (I wasn’t thinking and didn’t have cash to pay on site). Very friendly person on the phone and very friendly camp hosts. The area is very dry right now and I look forward to camping there when there’s been some substantial rain. I didn’t use the showers, my friend did and said they were good, has a good layout. She did recommend shower shoes though. Overall I look forward to going again. It has what I want with access to things I like to do… hiking, kayaking, wine tasting, and campfires! We were in sites 24 and 25, great! The price was right too! $30/night