Yurts
About Joseph H Stewart Recreation Area
Joseph H Stewart Recreation Area is located in Oregon
11 Reviews of Joseph H Stewart Recreation Area
Trails and paths are the reason to come here

I mean I guess if you are the power boating type this is your jam too, lots of people in the lake and marina - I found the lake to be dirty (but felt good as it was 106 degrees that day) and the swimming area just a tiny span of gravelly rocks and mud. 🤷🏼‍♀️ The campground itself is pretty poorly run, nobody checked me in or made sure I had a hang tag and had paid (I did not, so I could have been anybody, I didn’t preregister my vehicle) every staff member had a sour look on their face, did not seem to be enjoying the job and not one of them was wearing a mask. The bathrooms were disgusting, I’ve had cleaner experiences at dispersed campsites, a toilet was plugged literally the entire time I was there (3nights) and waste was filled to the brim. The lawn sprinklers were going all night and one kept hitting my tent and startling me. I would not stay here again. Pluses : for families, I bet this is a fun place. Huge dog park area, badminton set, playground. Sites are huge, people had half a dozen tents in one site. Nice shady spots easily found. (I was in D) showers go forever without having to push a button and have great pressure. And….the miles of biking and hiking trails are great! I walked halfway around the lake and it really was so beautiful and peaceful. Not a great home base for a solo wilderness adventure, but again, families with powerboats seemed to be having a good time.

Joseph Stewart State Park

Second time od staying here…this time in summer which is busier.  Stayed 6 days during Fathers Day weekend.  Although full, it was still pleasant.  A lot of people were on the lake or day use picnic area so daytimes were pretty quiet.  Nice spacing between.  I love it.

No frills, but nice

It’s a campground. Fairly open, not much privacy, but no complaints.

Nice park with some big campsites.

We stayed 7 nights in site # B8. It was a big site with a beautiful BIG Red Cedar tree. The playground was behind us it was a little loud sometimes but not bad. We chose this campground because it's near Crater Lake and other nice lakes.  Diamond lake is close along with the rogue river runs a long ways with nice view points and small hikes.

From our site we could walk along the lake which was nice. There are several different loops with some big sites. We kayaked the lake a few times, it was windy & quite a few motor boats. We found a area over before the dam that was calm and good bass fishing.

We went to Crater Lake & WOW it's beautiful. The color of the water is amazing, there was a little snow around the lake & quite a bit in other places.  The old lodge is so neat inside good to have a cocktail there inside or out. It's worth walking through it.

Our lucky day there was the great car race they left Sacramento CA and had 9 days to get to Tacoma WA. These cars were so cool old 1916 and more cars. There were 106 cars in the race and crater Lake was on their route.

Closest town is Prospect we went to the Trophy lounge to get WIFI and get a bite to eat and cheap cocktails.

Some other places to explore were Mill Creek falls, the natural bridge, Diamond Lake,

Steward state park

My first time camping by myself.  I felt safe, hosts were very helpful.  I was up there in off season…it was quiet, clean.  Lots of nature to enjoy.

Amazing !!!!

Prettiest park we have seen so far. Great spots, lots of hiking trails. Biking trails, fishing, boating and water falls. Only thing I would warn people about are the yellow jackets in the ground. Our dogs got into some and they went everywhere. Clean showers, great rangers and host. I just cannot say enough.

Awesome

What an awesome place to camp! So much space, the lake is gorgeous! The best part is that we haven’t had to deal with any obnoxious, loud campers. Small families, lots of dogs, nice and peaceful

Spacious lake side campground

Large campground with lots of dispersed campsites. Bathrooms, water, firewood, hookups, picnic tables, etc. This campground has a movie screen set up for outdoor movies. It also has big fields and is located right next to lost lake. Very pretty well maintained campground with lots of recreational activities close by!

Spacious Grounds

This campground feels like wide open spaces with room to roam~

Lost creek

We have going to Stewart state park for many years it is an awesome park then you have lost creek next to it for fishing and boating