Condon, OREGON

The #1 Camping App

Link to the App Store Link to Google Play
Most Recent Condon Camping Reviews
Awesome Views & Solitude

First off, I had a great time staying here. Before I arrived I had some ideas of what my stay would be like and while I did have a nice stay, it was not exactly the trip I had expected. I am a female in my early twenties and was tent camping solo for the first time. I grew up camping with my family so I am experienced but this was my first time camping completely alone. When I planned my trip I assumed this was a spot where other travelers and campers would stay so I was hoping that the presence of other people would provide some comfort to counter the fact that I was camping alone. When I arrived there were people in the day use area but as I drove back to where people would normally camp there was nobody in sight. As the evening came I realized there was not going to be any other campers for miles. Needless to say I made it through the night just fine with no emergencies but I was so nervous the whole time that I had a very restless sleep with my hand practically on my bear spray all night.

I woke up the next morning, went on a beautiful hike with some amazing views and continued on my road trip. Overall the location is great, I would camp here again if I were with other people or if I were staying in a converted van or camper of some sort. But being a solo, young, female tent camper in this location without any other campers around for miles was a little too scary for my taste.

No frills - but free!

This is an easy to access, near to attractions, dispersed site with a view! No more than a big parking lot next to the river really, but for free…. it can not be beat!  Primitive camping with no amenities other than a vault toilet= no frills, but no fees(as of Feb 2018)! It could be windy and it could get very busy so keep those negatives in mind, however check out the positives! A nice waterfront view with lots of solar potential!

Location = Great Noise... not so great!

Maryhill State Park sits alongside the Columbia River making it a popular summer destination. We visit the most in February though when we do a Gorge winery tour for Valentines Day. The park is open year-round and we enjoy visiting in winter when we have the park nearly to ourselves. We have stayed in many sites, most often site#33. A word of caution- The railroad tracks are close to the campsites and trains go by throughout the night. If you are a light sleeper you may wish to bring earplugs!

Park like setting

Nice park like setting.

Quiet

Very quiet RV park. Not much privacy but gorgeous views. Walking distance to wine tasting and wonderful fruit stand.

Sommertime shade

Great for weekend getaways from Tri Cities. River access and plenty of shade. Discounts for vets and seniors.

Nice

Nice campground close to the surrounding wineries.

Beautiful location, but part of the camp is closed

We tried to go to the GPS location stated at this listing but at one point the road was closed. We tried a different route and found couple of camping spots but without any signs. Luckily there was an other car camping there so we settled, and after all it was a beautiful location!

Lockit Campsite Lower Deschutes

If you’re rafting in— When you enter the Lockit area look for a composting toilet on your left. There’s one official site directly below the composting toilet. We stayed in the big open field next to it.

I don’t think this is technically an “official” campsite but it has a lovely composting toilet that smells like fresh cedar. Had been rafting all day and decided to make this spot work b/c other official sites were full. Turned out to be a great decision. It’s a bit rough lugging all of your stuff up. Flat spots for tents are up by the train tracks.

This spot turned out to be one of my favorites. The most beautiful scenery. Night sky was unreal. Feels like no one is around for miles. Can’t say enough.

Beware of the train that rolls in every 4hrs or so.

No drinking water or hookups of any kind. No fires. Must bring everything.

Beavertail Campsite Lower Deschutes

Stayed here for one night during a 3-day rafting trip. It’s worth the drive down the never ending gravel road. A quiet little oasis on the lower Deschutes surrounded by beautiful rock. 15 or so campsites and was surprised by how big the sites were. Large picnic tables, clean bathrooms and water pump.

Quick access to the river. We easily parked two rafts, a kayak and a cataraft here overnight, so if you’re rafting, etc. no worries.

We went in August and fires were prohibited.

Will stay again next year! Highly recommend. Bring cash for payment.