About Ochoco Lake County Park
$20.00
County
Ochoco Lake County Park is located in Oregon
8 Reviews of Ochoco Lake County Park
Awful campground, no beach- park host rude

I booked this campsite for my boyfriend and I for our anniversary and it was awful. The campground has no privacy (especially if you stay in the inner campsites), they have a public space right in the middle of all the campsites so people walk through your campsite all the time. The lake was pretty but the “beach” was just sharp rocks that people were sliding down the whole time. Our dogs paws were hurting so bad they didn’t even want to go swimming or play. It’s also on a hillside so there is nowhere to set up chairs or anything, we had to sit on top of the rocks and try and make a flat surface for the dogs to lay on. I posted a photo so you all can see the horrible beach. Also the park hosts (besides the one guy) were very rude. The older lady with the longer frizzy brown/gray hair would just walk around glaring at you and we saw her talking to someone pointing at us clearly talking about us. I’m not sure why she was so rude besides the day before when I had to go to the bathroom and they decided to clean it and close it in the middle of the day so I asked how long and just waited for them to finish(you would think they would clean it early in the morning so people could go to the bathroom when they need to). Just a very rude woman.

Tiny site, beautiful lake

Tiny little campsite with spots right next to each other. 10 walk up tent sites, most are right along the water. Everyone is so close together you get to know your neighbors pretty well. Dogs must be on leashes at all times, walk up sites have porta potty style bathrooms but if you walk up to registration there’s hot showers and hookups available!

Well kept facilities

This location is certainly not rugged, but it has gorgeous views of the lake and a clean facility. All around good trip.

Ochoco

This lake is one of my most favorite places to visit. It has opportunity for hiking, fishing, kayaking, canoeing, and slower boating.

Better in Off Season

This is located just out of Prineville and can get a lot of local traffic in the summer months. It is a fairly nice CG, with bathrooms and hot water. CG is set up for RV or tent camping. Primary feature is access to the water.

Lakeside campground perfect for those that want to escape

This campground was great in so many ways. Lots of reservations were available in the days leading up to our trip. The campground we ended up reserving was very large and had great lake views. Not sure if it was the time of year we went or if it is always quiet but one night we had maybe 3 other campers in the campground. My one complaint would be the access to the lake is almost impossible. We brought our paddleboards with us but the water level was too low so the boat ramp was closed and the walk to the water was a lot further than we had anticipated. Despite that one obstacle, I would definitely stay here again. Also looks like it is a good place for fishing since I saw multiple people catching rather large fish all weekend.

Lake peace!

Great sites and great host! Easy to get to lake from the campground and very peaceful!

Hidden Gem

You have to book online 2 days in advance, but they always have walk-in non reserved sites, that don't fill up! There's a few right on the water. In my opinion they were better than the actual campsite. The sites seem close to other campers, but not the walk-in sites (pro tip) $5 firewood is sold by the camp host. Freshwater in easily accessible. Perfect for stargazing in meteor shower.