The best WALK IN camping near
Copan , OKLAHOMA

Most Recent Copan Camping Reviews
Wonderful lake escape

I love camping here close to everything but yet secluded. Great Lake for water sports, plenty of privacy and always clean and well taken care of. Spot 33 is my favorite it’s hard to get so obviously it’s others as well.

Nice camping close to home

Wonderful, great to have a nice camping area with hook ups right out of town for those quick trips and to assist with that “get away feeling”. Nice little lake to fish in and good disc golf course.

Peaceful

We camped in a spot near the water. The lake was beautiful at sunset. The bathroom was clean, our spot had a covered picnic table, grill and fire ring. And hiking/equestrian trails can be accessed from the group camp or park entrance.

There’s a lot to do here

Grew up in the area and spent a lot of time here. You can rent all kinds of water crafts even kayaks. There’s a island in the middle called goat island that is fun to check out. It’s a great little lake for fishing, boating, kayaking, hiking and swimming. The Rv sites are close together but the whole area is wooded which makes for some great shade. There are also cabins you can rent and some rental packages available that I screenshot for anyone that wants to go! I love kayaking around here.

Great for fishing

This side of the dam isn’t known much for camping, people tend to camp on the other side where you can hike and boat. This side of the dam is for fishing. Spent many many MANY nights going night fishing with my family growing up and it was always so much fun! The camping sites…… they are very close together unless you get the very last one. It’s near a wooded area. The first 2 are out in the open, by the roads, do a cartwheel and you are in the next camping spot… You can put a boat in the river on this side or kayak up and down.

The casino is fun!

The Rv sites are close together and the tent camping spots have no privacy or shade. Check the event calendar bc it’s fun to stay for one of their events. They do all kinds of stuff! The casino is smaller but a lot of fun with a big dance floor if you like dancing. There’s no places to hike, swim or do any fun family activities unless there’s races or a event going on. You’d literally just be staying to go to the casino unless you were driving thru, it’s a good place to stay but not for a vacation.

Good camping sites and hiking trails

I grew up in Oologah and spent many many nights camping here. The camping sites are good and close to restrooms, there is a nice sandy beach for swimming, a long rocky shoreline that is fun to explore and hunt shells, you can go fishing, boating, kayaking, visit goat island, the hiking trails are nice although I have been a couple of times and had a TON of ticks but not very often. There a lot to do!

Smaller campground

I prefer to stay here when I go to Skiatook lake because it is a smaller campground. There are bathrooms that are a pretty short walk from all the campsites. You can hike thru the woods, across the road and down to an area that has bluffs you can jump from, although this is frowned upon 😅. There’s plenty of wood you can collect for a fire. Each site has a picnic table and grill. I think the best site is the first one as you pull in. It is a little bit further apart than the rest and right on the water.

Birch Cove Campground

We had a spectacular spot with nothing in our view except hardwood forest. The road in front of our spot was a little busy as it was the main road to the fishing dock and it was a nice hill for kids to ride scooters and skateboards on. But all in all it was quiet and relaxing.

Nice Quiet Campground

We were in site #31 with is right across from the fishing dock and close to a potable water source. The Campground is very shaded and the spot was large and easy to back in to with our 33' TT. The fishing dock was very spacious and secure for us and the grandkids we love everything about the park, except. The site did not have a dedicated water hook up. We had to buy a 75' hose to put water in our fresh tank. Not a huge deal. #2 complaint is that the site was slanted so much that we could not get level front to back. We moved a couple of times and tried all combination of stacking lumber under the tongue jack but still had to sleep with our heads at the foot end of our bed. Still not a huge deal. We'd go back and if #31 is the only site available we'll take it.