Copan , OKLAHOMA

Most Recent Copan Camping Reviews
Peaceful & Beautiful Evening

My husband, 2 dogs, and I reserved a spot a short walk to the water. We had a relaxing evening grilling and sitting by the fire, enjoying the peaceful night under the stars.

Love this small, quiet, beautiful campground

This campground offers a quiet out of the way experience. There are only 15 sites, about half of which are electric and water. There are no modern restrooms or showers but there are several vaulted toilets that are cleaned quite frequently. Nestled below the dam this is a hidden gem. I camped here on Labor Day and the park was full. Prior recons of this park were only half full or less. This park sits on the Elk City Lake. It has modern (brand new) playgrounds, basketball courts, and even a sand volleyball court. The sites are spaced well apart from each other and I never heard much of my neighbors. You can only book this campground through recreation.gov. you wont be disappointed!

Pretty Lake View

Stayed in B39 with a lake view and saw lots of bird wildlife. N9 sewer hookup but had a nice covered pavilion, fire ring, concrete pad with a concrete patio. Loved it.

Great campground on the lake

Reservations only so be sure to plan ahead. The best sites need to be reserved as many as 6 months in advance. Our favorite is A22 since it’s right on the water with a place for a boat and great area for swimming. The only inconvenience is this site is farthest from the shared water source. They do however allow a splitter valve. Best to fill your tank before heading out, bring 200’ of hose, or bring a couple water containers.

Well done Kansas. Well done indeed

Wonderful park. Great overall experience. I loved it. Plenty to do with a great playground for the kids, kids fishing pond, basketball and volleyball courts, and even an archery range. Fantastic hiking along the lake bluff will be sure to wear out your legs! All RV sites are water and electric and most are pull through. It's the most level site I have ever had. The only thing that was weird is that when you check in you have to pay an additional $5.00 per day for your vehicle. It was probably in the fine print when I booked the reservation. I went ahead and paid the extra $10 or $15 to just get the year state parks pass, as we plan to camp in KS more this fall. You may have out done yourself KS.

Nice small campground

Nice, quiet and clean off the beaten path. Saw a couple of restroom locations. Pretty views!

Great place

Our first trip there was great! You are not able to make reservations BUT we set up a day early and had some great campsites! We were parked right on the water. They have concrete slabs with a great picnic table for each site. There is no sewer and 50 amp service is only on one side. We will definitely be spending more time here in the future!!!

Quiet and beautiful.

Had a great stay here at Washington cove. Park ranger Justin Barnes was a great help with our after hours check in. He even came by the site we picked to make sure it was up to our standards and to check if the electric was working correctly. Later on while the kids were fishing he stopped by to explain the different type of fish and wildlife to them. We really enjoyed this stop along our trip and it’s refreshing to have a park ranger who you can see really cares about his area and informing the public. Showers and bathrooms available, nice a clean. Picnic tables and little grills. Playground equipment for the kids!

Fishing lake, camping permitted

Moline North Lake (Moline New City Lake) is a municipal reservoir northwest of Moline, Kansas. There are fishing access piers and a well-maintained road to them, as well as shelters, picnic tables, fire rings, and a vault toilet.

Local users told us that camping is permitted, so we camped there. It was peaceful and very pretty. There are few services, and no running water.

We suggest calling the city office to determine current policy and status of the area, but we had no problems.

Peaceful, beautiful, WET!

I visited this campground in October of 2018. The campground itself is beautiful, but recently part of it had been submerged in water which was problematic for us tent campers. Sunset Point is beautiful, but I'd recommend it only in the summer and on weekends when there is no chance of rain. We were soaked all weekend. I'd definitely return because the park has nice trails, great views, and a serene lake setting, but I'd make sure I'm in a different campground than Sunset Point.