Afton , OKLAHOMA

This Black Friday Try Pro Free for 6 Months

Most Recent Afton Camping Reviews
The falls are beautiful, camp is just okay

We stayed in a Monday night in early November and there were only two other groups in the tent loop. The TV loop seemed a little busier. The shower house is right next to the RV loop and a bit of a walk from the tents. We had a picnic table and fire ring. The campground is not far from a busy road so we had some noise. Conveniently located near a large town in Arkansas for supplies and good cell signal. We did the short hike to the falls and they were gorgeous. $16 for the night.

Wonderful lake escape

I love camping here close to everything but yet secluded. Great Lake for water sports, plenty of privacy and always clean and well taken care of. Spot 33 is my favorite it’s hard to get so obviously it’s others as well.

Nice camping close to home

Wonderful, great to have a nice camping area with hook ups right out of town for those quick trips and to assist with that “get away feeling”. Nice little lake to fish in and good disc golf course.

Beautiful Falls Great for Family

When traveling through Oklahoma, Natural Falls is a great place to camp. It’s on border of Arkansas and Oklahoma, near Siloam Springs. It’s peaceful. You can take your wheelchair on some of the trails and look at the Falls. There’s a steep hike down to the falls for those who can walk it. The road is paved and each site has cement pad. So if you have a special needs person with you they can get around with no prob. There is also discount for totally disabled people.

There are nice playgrounds, disc golf and trails. Camp in RV or tent. Definitely going back. Been twice already in one summer. (2019)

Make your reservation and learn more https://travelok.com

Beautiful Falls Great foe Family

Make your reservation and learn more https://travelok.com

Just pretty close to perfect

‘‘This Campground has sections. The one group is the (Sentury) Indian, and the second loop is the Eagle Point Fox loop. We were at the Sentry loop. We liked site 71 in that loop. It offered the most space and was a full hook up. That is one of the best things about this campground. Several full hookups. Boat ramp was nice. Not great but ok for kayaking. Nice swim beach. Campground host we met was not very friendly or helpful.

Too crowded for me

The hiking is awesome but the camping not so much. I like to be away from people and these campsites are very close together with no privacy. I prefer to make a day trip when I visit here instead of camp. We drive down early and go to the Wildlife Sanctuary and drive thru in Gentry Arkansas (20 min from Natural Falls) then we go hike the falls. You can’t swim there at all so when we leave the falls we stop down the road at Flint creek and go for a swim. The water is crystal clear and amazing. I’m posting pics of it bc it isn’t even on the map to add a review. You can also camp there but I have not. You have to pay to rent a tube or use the slides but if you walk down beside the fence to the right it’s free 😉

Good camping sites and hiking trails

I grew up in Oologah and spent many many nights camping here. The camping sites are good and close to restrooms, there is a nice sandy beach for swimming, a long rocky shoreline that is fun to explore and hunt shells, you can go fishing, boating, kayaking, visit goat island, the hiking trails are nice although I have been a couple of times and had a TON of ticks but not very often. There a lot to do!

Bring on the Deet!

Had an awesome hike, more incline/decline than I was expecting for the area! The caves were closed off due to walkway damage. Loved the lookout over the Missouri River! One less fun but not trip ruining detail, were the ticks. I went in August and they were pretty bad, tons on our legs and on my dog just from the hike. Next time I'll be prepared with deet!

3 Times so far

First time here we stayed in a Yurt. Our group had 3 of the 5 Yurts and they were very well appreciated as the rain swamped some of the tents in our group.

2nd and 3rd trips here we stayed in our TT. Site #21 was awesome with electric, water and sewer hook ups as well as a lot of space all around our site. Site #18 was very cramped and only had electric and water hook ups. Our neighbor's water and electric hookup was literally closer than our picnic table. We walked around and found other sites with more space for next time.

The area is beautiful. Lots of trails, wildlife and a year round waterfall that is fed by a pump from a pond downstream. There is opportunity to fish in the pond. The waterfall is magnificent and can be viewed from an overlook that is easily accessible. The hike to the bottom and back out is moderately strenuous but there are places to take a break as needed.