Camping in Pond Run

204 Reviews of 32 Pond Run, Ohio Campgrounds

JThe Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Aug. 29, 2021

We love beech fork!

Moxley is our favorite place to camp at beech fork. If you have kids it’s a great place for them also! Very clean bath houses and great people.

SThe Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Aug. 28, 2021

It's hot!

We're at a primitive site. The hiking trail is right behind our site, which turns out to be in the best shaded sweet stop to keep cool.

Siteno.2
A
Reviewed Aug. 28, 2021

Tent camping

It is a great place to camp at. With a tent it gets hot in there but all in all good.

• Play button icon
Sitetent site
MiKayla M.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Aug. 14, 2021

Well Maintained Sites

Paved, well maintained sites but a bit close together. Don’t expect privacy if it’s booked. Reservations close 4 days prior, after that it’s first come, first serve. However, surprisingly very quiet during my visit. Each site has a picnic table, fire ring with grill, and water & electric…

Andrew S.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Aug. 10, 2021

Beautiful campground with sites for RVs and tents.

This campground has a lot to offer with electric and water hookups for RVs with back-in and pull through sites. They have a dump station as well as an onsite bathroom/shower house. The owners are very friendly. I highly recommend.

H
Reviewed Aug. 8, 2021

The Falls Campground

We have stayed several times at the Falls Campground and have always had a good experience. The sites are nice and most have direct access to the creek and beach area. Privately owned so not ruled to death like some state park campgrounds.

• Site #1
Steve Z.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Aug. 5, 2021

Great place for passers through or staycationers.

We have stayed in four sites her during the past couple of month. There are two walk-in sites (10 & 51). Both were pleasant, nearly level, close to amenities, but were under no shade. [Site 10 is presently inhabited by a large family with a sign that says “Camp Host out front. I have not…

Site10, 13, 47, 51

It's okay

First, the good... Nice spacing between the spots. Just if the highway but no road noise. The employees were helpful. My grandkids lived the mini golf.

The bad...no shade trees. That's the only thing keeping me from giving 5 stars.

• My grandkids
Month of VisitOctober

Very peaceful

I drove to the campgrounds but didn't stay. It was too muddy, it's a dirt road. I was nervous about getting stuck, and that was without my trailer attached. It's also too expensive for what's there. You can fish but nothing else to do there.

It's very scenic

The good... peaceful, nice lake with some spots next to the lake.

The bad... not much of a camp store, the wifi is horrible, no Verizon service.

Tonya W.
Reviewed Jul. 28, 2021

Great campground

Sites are large, most with concrete pads. Grounds are well kept. Camp sites available next to the lake. Beautiful lake for kayaking, boating and swimming. Only downfall is that you have to drive a few miles to get to the beach.

N
Reviewed Jul. 26, 2021

Beautiful trip!

I love going hiking in this area and we definitely come back to it time and time again!

Dustin  M.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Jul. 22, 2021

Decent campground

Was nice and quiet. Wanted to get away for a couple days and our favorite place to go was booked so this was the next closest spot. We stayed on the upper end by the veterans cemetery, even though it's close to the pool and playground, it was pretty quiet. Sites were a bit unlevel, but easy to back…

SiteB 13
John S.
Reviewed Jul. 19, 2021

Poor customer service

I called KOA Ashland on July 3rd and spoke with an employee about cancelling my reservation I had on Aug 7th. She informed me that I would forfeit $10 as a cancellation fee. I informed her that I’m a VIP member and per KOA cancellation policy the cancellation fee is waived. She stated that per the…

K
Reviewed Jul. 12, 2021

secluded sites, shade, trees, clean and level sites

We camped here in June when the temps were in the 90's and the shade that the trees in this campground offer were a life saver.  The campground is always clean and the sites are level with gravel.  They have picnic tables and fire pits at each site and water is usually close.  Check maps because…

• Did a little crappie and bass fishing while we were there.
  • Grandkids loving the adventure.
  • Cave Run Lake Sunsets