Gladstone , NORTH DAKOTA

Most Recent Gladstone Camping Reviews
Cool, clean & convenient

Campgrounds in Teddy were closed due to Covid so had to find an alternative. This did the trick nicely. Much of the campground seems geared toward the horse crowd, but the small non horse tent loop was nicely set in a wooded area by a creek. Neat views of the bluffs all around.

Not sure what to say or rate

We pulled in at 830 pm and immediately noticed the few campers that were parked had no lights on. We could barely see where our spot was as There was no check in, you just go right to your spot. I typically like to check in and meet the people who run it to get a good layout and understand the vibe of the campground. We had site 12 I believe and we got a spooky vibe when we pulled up to it. It is literally 5 feet from a cabin that had huge window and a door that lead right to our driver side rv door. It just felt a little weird to have to hook up in the dark with no lights around us except our own headlamps and wonder if someone was inside watching us from their window. The spot was also very visible from the road so that also spooked us that people were driving by seeing us get ready next to a very dark cabin. Hind sight it was probably a fine campsite but I always say trust your instinct so we left. Something just felt slightly off, especially in the dark right next to a very long and dark cabin that anyone could have been in.

That being said, the ground was also fairly uneven and it is a very basic campground. It seems it was more for cabins and someone just decided to hookups and no picnic tables

I bet the views are nice and the people staying are probs great too! Again it just felt a little off so we left so I can’t honestly give this a fair rating

Good campground

Primitive campsites were secluded and surrounded by the trees. The trees were needed as there was a ton of wind that day. We were close to some of the horse corrals which was an added bonus as we don’t typically see that sort of things. Clean toilet/shower facilities.

Off the beaten path

We stayed at this park because the Theodore Roosevelt Nat'l Park North Unit campgrounds were closed for renovations. I mistakenly thought this park was close to the park, but it is actually a 90 minute drive. We had a reservation for 2 nights but only stayed one and moved to the CCC Campground to be closer to the park. The only real sites with a view are those that back-up to the Little Missouri River. All others are just looking at a prairie. This is also primarily a campground for horse people, which we are not. You do need to pay the additional North Dakota State Park fee if camping here.

Very basic with full hookup

Very close to neighbors and site 7 is very hard to get level. We had to buy more leveling blocks. We're pro members and couldn't figure out how to get the pro discount. No tables or fire rings. Just hookups.

Beautiful Views with great access to TRNP and Medora.

We arrived just after a rain. That made things a little messy to get in. There is a large mud pit on one side of the road and tire ruts on the other. Once you get past that, you're pretty golden. There is a loop you can pull into on the left. But, you won't get the views there. We're in a class c and went up a bit. We have views of the badlands and park. Halfway up is as high as we saw any rigs over 30ft go. There were a couple TT's at the summit. Lots of vans, popups and smaller c's up the foothill. It's windy, and you will hear some highway noise. When it's really windy, trucks hit the rumble strips often. It was pretty dead here most of the time. Labor Day weekend brought a lot of tent campers. Everyone is pretty quiet though. No cell signal st the bottom. Great AT&T and Verizon as you go up. Easy acces to Medora and the south unit if TRNP. The trails for the petrified forest are further down River rd. We used Sully Creek SP for water and dumping. There was no price listed, so we donated a few bucks.

Welcome site at the end of a long day

This was the last site my son and I camped at on our MDH trip. There is a short trail right from the site that leads up to great viewing spot complete with a bench. I believe the fee is $6 a night, bring exact cash or a check, no change to be made.

Cool spot

It's more RV and equestrian focused but you can tent camp as well. Large grassy areas to set up camp. Fire pits, showers, bathrooms. Seems popular as well. Making reservations would be a good idea. I stayed at spot 31. It's at the end of the road that goes downhill. There are lots of flies because it has horse corrals and the mosquitos are vicious. They may be different at other spots. Nice spot for views and hiking. I would come back here.

Great campground, sites are spaced apart

Great campsites.  Stayed in the non-electric sites (Cedar Campground) that are among the trees.  Secluded, well spaced apart from other sites.  Perfect view of the mountains.    Note-Electric sites (Whitetail Flats) are all out in a large open field.   Also, the back group of sites were all reserved for horse camping.  Easy 10 minute drive to TRNP for great hiking.  Also had local trails right at the campground.  In between Sully Creek and Little Missouri River, so kayaking/canoeing/fishing all right there.   Showers and toilets were always clean.  Rangers and on-site host were friendly and helpful.  I will go again.

Clean, nice views

Perfect for the horse enthusiast, with corrals available for every site. It was full the day I got there, but stayed for breakfast before the check ins started (I asked first). Right on the MDH Trail, for us MTB peeps.