The best GROUP camping near
Summerfield , NORTH CAROLINA

Most Recent Summerfield Camping Reviews
Great site!

My girlfriend and I stayed at the Rocky Knob campground (loop C) for two nights and it was great! On the first night she saw an elk and that night we heard a bear walking around our tent! If being around large wildlife scares you then this may not be a good site for you. That being said, the bear was minding its own business and same with the elk. The bathrooms in the bathhouse do not have lights or soap so bring a lantern at night and maybe a small bottle of soap. This campground is so great and the rangers are so friendly and welcoming! Firewood is available ($7 for one bundle-I recommend getting two)

Nice, small campground on the Dan River

Nice level sites, some open, some wooded, but most are fairly close. Several full-time residents, but mostly for campers. We were in site 23, which was wooded, so we had no satellite coverage. It was 30A/FHU. OTA TV is pretty decent with an omni antenna. Campground WiFi reached 0.85 MB/s, but data rates seemed to vary greatly, and often dropped to zero. AT&T had 2 bars and 3.5 MB/s w/o a booster, 4 bars and 4.9 MB/s with it. There is a nice 1 mile loop trail around the property. Campground was about 2/3 full. They also put up Halloween decorations around the whole campground, complete with a grave yard by the bath house, a really nice touch.

In the shadow of the Great Guide.

Overall this is on the keeper list. I found this campsite on line looking for places to stay while hiking sections of the MST. Took a shot and was very pleased with the result.

The first thing to note is that there are new, larger, spaces in the works closer to the entrance with (what looks to me like) sewer hookups. It is good to know that the owners are making improvements and it might be different when you get here.

I stayed in the wooded lots and these are definitely for tents or small trailers. The spots are nice, if not perfectly level and a little close together. Of course that is really only a problem if you have noisy neighbors, which I didn't. The campground looked full over the weekend but wasn't overly noisy. I attribute that also to the beautiful large open fields where all the all the children ran free.

The bath house was very similar to the standard state park setup. It is a cinder block building with a few shower stalls, toilet stalls and sinks with mirrors. Not fancy but definitely clean and functional.

I would definitely come back again and I recommend this camp ground.

Great place!!

Great spot for tent camping! Loved the hillside spots bc of all the trees and the multiple levels that the spots are on. They are all built out and flat. Bathrooms are clean and campground was quiet. I had issues finding out if pets were allowed… they are! My dog and I had an awesome time and we will be back for sure.

Bed Bugs in Cabin!

We stayed in one of their cabins for one night and came away with head to toe bites. The owners have been informed, but have not responded in any way.

awful

We stayed At Lake Myers because of the Thousand Trails package we received with the purchase of our travel tailer. We spent 6 nights unfortunately .  This is basically a trailer park.  Packed, old, nasty.  I cannot even understand how it can really be categorized as a campground.  The website pictures are NOT EVEN ClOSE to being accurate.  Never again.

Great views... Great hospitality

Love this campground and the owner is very friendly. The online booking is still being tweaked a bit. Beautiful views of Pilot Knob. Great hospitality.

Hidden Gem

A+ campground.. fun activities.. kid friendly.. love playing BINGO here!!

Unlevel & messy

We made a mistake. My wife and I are moving to North Carolina, and we were looking for a place to stay for a month in the Asheboro area. I checked around and Deep River was the only local campground with long-term sites available, so I made the reservation. The owner, Scott, was very helpful throughout the reservation process and we thought we were going to have a good experience.

When we showed up, Scott met us at the office and he took us to the "most level site" he had available. I was a little concerned from the start because the sewer pipe was sitting at a 45 degree angle and it was half buried in the ground. I had to help dig out the pipe and when I looked inside I noticed the connection was broken and any drainage would  have leached directly into the ground. Additionally, the sewer connection was more than 40 feet from the center of the site and I only carry 30 feet of line, so we had to back way up in order to hook-up. Unfortunately, that meant that our primary slide was within 3 feet of a giant pine tree so there was barely enough room to open it. Another problem with being so far back in the site was how unlevel the camper was. It took a while for me to get the trailer unhitched and by the time I had it nearly level, I had used all of my blocks and the jack was extended to the maximum height. Needless to say, I did not feel very comfortable with the arrangement and I was really starting to question whether or not to stay.

Then I started looking around at the site and there was trash everywhere with broken pieces of metal and half chewed dog bones strewn about. I looked at my wife and I could tell she was not happy. So I got on my phone, called another campground and made reservations. Scott was understanding, he tried to talk us into trying another site but by that time we had decided to move on. I will give Scott credit, he didn't charge us a cancellation fee, so that was good.

A quick note, the WiFi was limited to close to the office and we would have had to pay Spectrum for a monthly internet connection. Also, Verizon cell coverage was weak.

Loads of fun

Absolutely the most fun we’ve had on a campground. Tons and tons of things to do. We initially thought we’d have to go off site to entertain our son when we booked the reservation but we spent our full day at the campground doing everything they had to offer and it took all day long. I appreciated the campground also telling us ahead of time in what way our site would be unlevel.