Aberdeen, NORTH CAROLINA

Most Recent Aberdeen Camping Reviews
UNDER CONSTRUCTION

While the owner was accommodating when we booked this RV site near Pinehurst, NC, he neglected to tell us that most of the sites were newly excavated. MUD, MUD, MUD everywhere ! I am sure it will be nice when it is completed BUT until then, it is not worth the $40 he is charging !

Quiet & peaceful

Great little gem in the area to avoid the chaos and calamity with the other Uwharrie area campgrounds. Very quiet and peaceful. Spacious lots in a wooded setting, includes a pool, walking trails, and access to Lake Tillery. Ice and firewood available onsite. Bath-houses are dated. Campground staff is super friendly and eager to make your stay comfortable.

Uwharrie trail

Along the Uwharrie trail. Water available on both sides of camp / trail.

Hidden treasure

We loved our stay! Glad to finally find a nice campground just over an hour away from Charlotte. Easy trek for a short weekend trip. We exhausted ourselves hiking and canoeing and much more stuff to do! Nice sites with electric hookups. Firewood available. Will definitely be back!

OK for passing through

Camp Pedro at South Carolina's Mexican-themed South of the Border is a year-round campground, about one-tenth of a mile off I-95, has 100 RV sites -- no tents -- with full hookups, almost 50 pull-throughs for big rigs, showers and laundry facilities. This place is like a small town, with service stations, drug, grocery, gift and fireworks stores, five restaurants and an ice cream parlor. You don't have to camp here to enjoy the on-site recreation amenities that include two swimming pools, basketball and tennis courts, game rooms and a miniature golf course. Which makes this a passing through spot for me. I can’t relax here. But to each his own.

Near beach, double sites

Loved having a double site with my parents. Close to the beach where we sat for hours. Clean bathrooms. Spacious sites. Plenty of privacy.

Clean, quiet

One of our go-tos since it’s close to home. Love access to the water. Sites are big and most have plenty of woods between them to block neighbors. Amazing how it can be so quiet with so many people around. Love!!

Good

So, if you end up in a crap site you might drop those 4 stars to 3. Its going to be impossible to determine a great site from a bad without going there since the only pic they have online is from site 1. B loop, has a lot of RVs. A loop, has the amphitheater. C loop, felt like the smallest loop and really close to the entry hiking trail. We've stayed in both A and C. C loop, site 48, is where we stayed this trip. Its a good site. Close to the showers, which are clean and well maintained. Close to the trash bins and water spicket as well. Behind the site is a great little "valley" to explore if you have kids/dogs. Has awesome trees for hammocks and the tent pad doesnt slope. Did not love the fire pit at this site but the sites to the left and right are great. Overall, tons of sites and good clean facilities. The trails are plentiful so you shouldnt run out of places to explore.

Ole reliable

Been here twice. Not bad sites, probably the most consistent sites throughout my reviews. All pads are different so pay attention to dimensions. Bathrooms are ok with showers. Water points around the campground. Long trails to hike and a couple strenuous trails.

Overnight stay was nice

We stayed here on our way to the beach and on the way home to SC. The campground is huge and the sites are big and separated by lots of trees. We had a site on the lake with water and power only, there aren't any full hookups to my knowledge but there are well maintained dump stations and trash cans everywhere. It was a great campground for an overnight visit would like to spend more time at a later date.

Beauty, peace, and quiet

I spent a night at the primitive campsite right before new years and enjoyed it immensely. It was forecasted to be rainy and had been raining for a couple of days prior. The park was absolutely gorgeous and secluded feeling (probably thanks to the rain!) The staff was incredibly friendly and helpful and provided plenty of info. The campsite had a bench and firepit. The site itself was off the trail a bit allowing it to be more secluded feeling. Overall, I loved it and will be going back. I hope to take a fishing rod with me next time as I have heard decent things about fishing there.

Beautiful park

I spent a night at the primitive campsite and hiked a few trails. The park is gorgeous and full of life. I saw plenty of frogs and tadpoles in the creeks, listened to a symphony of birds, and I'm pretty sure heard a few coyotes throughout the night. I also saw an abundance of different species of spiders, dragonflies, moths, and other interesting critters.

The trails were clearly marked and easy to follow. Lots of routes varying in views and difficulty were available and the staff were incredibly helpful. As for the campsite itself, it was cozy enough. Easy to find and it provided a few logs for sitting and a firepit. The rain collection bucket was mostly a little closet filled with spiders and such. I chose to gather water from the creek to purify instead.

My only complaint is that this is a popular park especially during this season. If you are looking for more isolation, then you may want to try this place off season. I had campers on either side of me and the trail was spitting distance from the campsite. While they weren't disturbing or being a nuisance, I go camping to escape people. Lol That said, I genuinely enjoyed my stay and will be back.

The Joys of Nature

Great place to commune with nature.

So much to do !! Fun activities all the time!

I love it here I can relax or keep busy with all the fun activity! The atmosphere is friendly and fun! The pool the hot tub , volleyball, game room and well stocked store! Bands on weekend crafts golf cart rentals!

Zooland is wonderful

It was a amazing time. Everyone so friendly. Nice park great activity for kids.

Great campground in the making

This campground has plenty of room to park and activities to do. The staff is great and the owner is open to suggestions to make this campground great. The only complaint I have of this campground is that some of the sites have some some tricky slopes. Took some time leveling my rig, but turned out great. You will love this campground and is definitely worth a stop.

Yearly Camp

We have been coming to Arrowhead for about 4 years now. We make time to come at least twice a year. Camp hosts are very accommodating. Very family friendly! I love how close we are to the lake for when we bring the boat.

Put it on your list

Clean, quiet, and affordable. Pool, laundry, pond, full hookups. Friendly staff. Save this site

Nice pond

Nice fishing pond. Well off the road.

At the airport

A short walk to good eating, and nice airfield. Very limited number of sites, no more than 20 at the most. Most look long term.

Nice get away

No grill, limited camp store. Propane on site, friendly staff.

Primitive Canpinf site #65

Drive-in site long enough to accommodate a long camper. Non-electric site. It’s a fairly flat site and is about 100 feet from water’s edge and is directly across from a boat launch on the other side of the campsite’s shore line. This part of the lake is a finger branch cove, so it’s not directly on the main lake, which makes swimming nice. There is a small sandy beach front for chairs and observation.

Great location

Good location off of 85. Great trails and equestrian trails!

LAZY RIVER

The trails are nice and short, not too much room for extra exploration. Best advice is there are some big rocks in the river at various locations that you can lay on and take a nap. Super comfy and the water is also pretty shallow. Great place to get wet. Never camped here before, only day trips.

Hike-in primitive camping

Not crowded, nice selection of trails, plenty of fishing on the Cape Fear, woodland creatures abound.

Not Crowded during Summer Week

Clean bathhouse.  Plenty of hot water for shower.  Camp host flexible and takes seriously the safety of the campers.  Pull through pad was paved.  Badin Lake was beautiful at sunset.  My car is small and I had to drive very slowly on the dirt road (1.3 miles to the campground) as it had many large rocks (softball sized) and holes.  A Jeep or SUV would be better equipped than a car that runs low to the ground.  A speed of 5 to 8 mph was fine.  Campground road was nicely paved.

good campground

Decent campground with a pond for fishing, a swimming pool, and a store. The pool doesn’t have normal steps that you walk down into the pool on, they only have the ladder steps which make it a little tricky getting in with a small child. There is no access to the lake from the campground, but the lake is close by. Very friendly staff. The bathrooms/showers have no ac.

Great Place

Family friendly, swimming, fishing, close to stores if needed, very clean and well maintained.

Not overly impressed

Unsure how we felt about this place had to walk so far to get to anything

Nice spot

Rough road in. Too much trash left by previous campers