The best BOAT IN camping near
Saint Elmo , NEW YORK

Most Recent Saint Elmo Camping Reviews
A lil too close to the city....

…. But surprisingly quiet and for the most part the guests were decent, the staff was awesome, very helpful, the sites were a little on the small side and stacked a lil closer than I like, but we had a good time, some beautiful views from some beautiful motorcycle roads.

Family Friendly

This is a very nice campground for families. Has a lot of activities and facilities for campers. It is a bit more open and campsite can be a bit close to each other. But the place was very clean a friendly.

Great for groups

Big space - we had around 40 people for a group event and there was plenty for everyone to do. Well kept facilities

Fantastic, spacious campground

This is an amazing campground! We had plenty of space and easy access to the lake. We went on a busy weekend and they are currently only operating at 50% capacity. I would recommend reserving a spot well in advance. This is a very large campground with multiple different areas. It has a good water pump and the bathrooms were well maintained and had a nice sink washing area.

Beautiful hikes nearby

Very peaceful and quiet with lots to do in the area.

Nice place

Quiet and nice grounds.

3 times this year!

Just finished our third trip to Dingman’s, this year and back to back weekends. We really like this campground. It’s close and easy from Northern NJ. Secluded sites, at least when the leaves are still on the trees. Huge difference between this weekend and two weeks ago.

Only complaint this trip was that the bathrooms were a total mess. Normally they are quite clean.

• Full general store.
  • No cell or WiFi service anywhere on the campground but you can find it about 10 min or less away.
  • Easy access to Delaware River.
  • Large field for kids to run around.
  • Dogs allowed.
  • Fire pits at each site but no grates to cook on.
Secluded but still convenient

We went to Stokes for a one nighter to test out my new truck tent.  We stayed at site 11 on Lake Ocquittunk.  While making reservations it said almost all sites were full but upon arrival the vast majority of sites were empty which made for a quiet/relaxing night.  It was a fair sized site with room for a couple large tents.  Site was located on a small hill next to the lake with the road directly in front and water about 50 yards away and the bathrooms about 100 yards away.  Facilities were clean and stocked so no complaints there.  After packing up we drove down the road and were able to get in a nice 5 mile hike up to the fire tower.  Due to cooler temps there were really no bugs to complain about while camping.

Overall we had a great time and will definitely be coming back for a more extended stay.  If you are looking for more secluded campsites try to get 13 or 14 as they seem to sick back more.  Sites 8-11 are adjacent to the road and in peak times probably have a fair about of foot and vehicle traffic.

Awesome Camping!!

This was my first time at Mongaup Pond and we loved it. The place was all booked and we got lucky with a cancellation at a premium site on the lake. It is such a beautiful place and so nicely done. The sites are not on top of each other and mostly separated with some kind of brush or bushes. Lots of places to hike and play. It’s was Late September so it was a little to cold to use the lake, but it didn’t matter, we had a great time. Can’t wait to go bback on the Spring.

Better than I expected

I had to make a last-minute reservation for a campsite on my drive back from Maine to DC on a Friday night in September, so was a bit worried about finding anywhere decent at all.  This campground was one of the few with any sites available, and I got the second last spot.  So I had pretty low expectations.

Actually this campground is pretty nice--the campsites are of a normal size, with enough rocks and trees between sites to provide a decent amount of privacy.  Again, my campsite was one of the worst, right on the road, but still not too bad.  It would have been pretty decent if every campsite around me hadn't been full, generally with families with a bunch of shrieking kids.  But that's a weekend in September…

There are also a limited number of campsites right on the water.  The lake is nice enough, although much of it is covered in lily pads.

Bathrooms are fine.

No wood for sale on-site, but there are several places nearby to get wood, and any other supplies you need.  The campsite is not exactly remote, I think it was about a 5 minute drive to a gas station with firewood and all manner of supplies.

I would definitely stay here during the week when it might be a bit quieter.

Year 2021 Flag