The best GROUP camping near
Melrose Park , NEW YORK

Most Recent Melrose Park Camping Reviews
Such a unique Glamping experience!

Stayed 2 nights for my birthday and loved it. One of the first places to open after COVID shutdown. Normally they have a large gathering area for cooking, games and a bar tent. Even with the restrictions we had a great visit and felt safely distanced from other campers and staff. Great hiking trails because it is attached to Buttermilk Falls State Park. Also close to Cornell University which is a beautiful campus.

I loved sleeping in the huge canvas tent and listening to the rain safe and warm under many quilts. The breakfast baskets the made for us each day were so nice to wake up to. And the bar and fire pits were maintained for you by the staff -  such luxury. I loved it.

Had a great weekend

Had a great time tent camping. Very clean and people were friendly. Also had great price for firewood at the camp shop.

Beautiful!

We went during shoulder season and it was beautiful and quiet.

Very clean campground with very nice owners. The sites are nicely spaced so you aren’t on top of each other. Great place to call home base while exploring the finger lakes.

Nice quiet campground

Great place for those who want a relaxing place without all of the amenities that families with kids are looking for . Spacious sites , campground is clean and very well maintained . Owners are very personable and onsight for any issues ..

Highly recommend

Rip-off

*If you like RV resorts and places where people drive around in golf carts, disregard my review, you will  probably love this place

OK, I hadn't planned to stay in an RV resort, but was unpleasantly surprised to find that the two nearby state parks I had hoped to stay at were not accepting campers without reservations in September 2020.  So I was kind of desperate for a place to stay after a long drive.

So I found this place nearby.  They gave me a tent spot for $70 (?!).  About 10 yards to the next campsite in either direction, zero privacy, although luckily all the other tent sites were empty, because I was the only tent camper fool enough to stay here.  The campsite was also right on a road, with vehicles and golf carts whizzing by all the time.

The place is really more of a cottage/mobile home community, although there were also some RVs while I was there.

The only reason I've given this place two stars instead of one is that it is on Lake Ontario, although of course don't expect to see the lake from your over-priced tent site.  They also don't allow dogs on the beach.

Probably the worst-value, and worst, place I've ever stayed, for what I was looking for.  Again, if you like RV resorts, please disregard my review, you'll probably love it.

Itching to return already

We spent 2 nights at Tuscarora Village in the Six Nations campground. More than impressed. The sites were unique, huge, and well maintained. Very family friendly with a 10pm “shhhh” time which is the only drawback, and only because we don’t have young kids. If you are looking for a safe, easy, comfortable place for you and your family or some quiet time, I highly recommend. Within a short walk of the trails and gorge. Stunning. Also, less than 10 mins from the cutest town and Seneca Lake (and Walmart when you forgot your air mattress pump…)

Nice campground on the lake

We stayed only one night at this park but wish we could have stayed longer as there seems to be quite a bit to enjoy here. The park is nestled on the lake so there is an opportunity to swim, fish or launch a canoe. Right off the beach there is a large playground. If you’re like me and LOVE wine, go take a short 7 minute drive to the Montezuma Winery. You won’t be disappointed. About campsite #5 - It was large enough to fit our 27’ camper however it was very close (with no privacy) to the neighbors. Has electric hook-ups.

Family Friendly

Spent 3 nights with our 2 sons and my husbands 2 granddaughters, all under age 12. Bathrooms/showers were clean. Site we stayed at had full hook ups. Very nice camp store, pools, playground, and restaurants. Spent time at the beach which is also very nice. Sites are close together, but kind of what is expected at an RV resort.

Tubing right to the Campground

Friendly helpful staff. Well-run campground. Highlight is the tubing, kayaking and canoeing right on the river that leads to the campground.