Port Norris , NEW JERSEY

Most Recent Port Norris Camping Reviews
Peaceful, historicd

The tent site was big with lots of choice locations for your tent. There is a lot of privacy between the tent sites because of the trees.

The bathrooms were clean and modern. The camp store had lots of little items that I needed. And there was a Little Library.

The hikes in the campground are beautiful. The historic aspect of the Cape amazed me. It was a site for WWII soldiers to watch for enemy invaders. The towers are still there.

The ocean is beautiful but a bit of a walk from the tent campsites.

Great campground

Tent Camping

We went camping at Killens pond for the first time a few weeks ago.  We camped in the G loop. Lots of woods for the kids to play in. Easy walk to the shower/bath house. The camp host was super nice and made sure that we had everything we needed.  Great place to take your family for an outdoor adventure. Hiking,  fishing, biking. They also have kayaking and peddle boats. We will definitely be back!

Nice secluded park with plenty to do close to Baltimore and DC

We go to Tuckahoe a lot. There are two main, amp ground loops. Each have central bath house. One loop has electric at the sites. There is portable water available at several locations in each loop. No water hook ups. There’s a nice lake for paddling and fishing and great hiking trails. Adkins Arboretum is just a mile away and a great place to visit and hike.
Sites are all back in. They’re fairly level and all are wooded and well separated.

Nice State Park retreat

Nice pads, even with rain none were flooded. The wooded area makes you feel a little more secluded from any neighbors. The state park has two playgrounds that are both open and trails to hike. I LOVE the commercial-sized washing sink for your dishes, since you don't have full hookups its a BIG deal. The bathrooms could use some updating, and the showers actual doors instead of double curtains. There's a nearby Arboretoreum as well. I think my only problem is that parts of this state park are not on adjoined property and you do have to drive to them.

Will not be returning

Positive notes: Bathrooms are really nice and has a dish cleaning station.

Great for Families!

Very nice large state park. Campground is big, but doesn’t feel crowded. As with most MD state parks the bathrooms could use updating, but they were kept very clean. This park is great for families, lots to do!

Bikes Beach Boats

There is so much to do near this campground. The bike trails are wonderful and we like to bring kayaks to the bay side. Also, the beach! Not exactly cheap but it really is a great spot. My one complaint is that you definitely have to book very far in advance especially for a summer weekend!

Spacious Sites Near the Beach

Camping in Henlopen State Park was a great idea! My group was there, on two adjacent sites, from Sunday to Tuesday, in early June. The weather could not have been more ideal! We were on sites G12 and G13, which were both really large. Here's the rundown:

Pros:

• Clean, accessible bathhouses
  • Really large tent sites
  • So close to the beach and nearby Rehoboth and Lewes (great dining and shopping)
  • Easy-burning firewood
  • Access to a camp store
  • A pretty quiet campground altogether
  • Campground fee includes beach access so you don't have to pay again

Cons:

• It's busy! Be prepared to wait to get into the park for 15-45 mins due to traffic backups at the entrance gate
  • The walk to the beach is a LONG one

Neutral Thoughts:

• The campsite as a whole is a very busy one--there's a lot going on from bike riding to frisbee throwing
Love this place. We have been coming here for 3 years now and will continue to book every year

Fills up fast so you have to book well in advance. Paved trails to the beach, the bay, nature center and bike trails. Clean sites and bath houses. Nice friendly staff. Nice camp store