Hillsboro , MISSOURI

This Black Friday Try Pro Free for 6 Months

Most Recent Hillsboro Camping Reviews
Quiet and serene

We stayed here on a Tuesday evening in early November. It was election night so we were happy to not have a cell signal for the night. 😊 The sites are all walk in but it’s a short walk from your car to the site. Very rocky ground so be careful where you put your tent. Pit toilets are located at the entrance to the campground. We didn’t see where the water was but it was supposed to be off for the season anyway so we were prepared. We did the hike to the highest point in Missouri and then to a small waterfall. We were racing the sunset so we didn’t get to spend as much time as we would have liked. There were only two other campers and all was quiet.

River views

The area was closed when we arrived. But from the looks of it, lots of good camping sites right along the river. Saw lots of grills and plenty of space between each site.

Great place for RVs

veryone was super helpful and friendly. The campsites were a little close together and there were a lot of campers. They've got great ammenities: 30/50amp, water, sewer, wifi, pool, showers, fire rings, and a trash dumpster. They even filled up my LP on site. There's a small site for primitive camping by the pond with a gazebo to fish off of.

Waterfallzz

Camped for a couple days during fall. The scenery was gorgeous!

No Camping

There is a homemade sign that says no camping. I wish we would have known that before we got here. As far as I could tell the website said it’s open.

Nice close park to St. Louis

Pet-friendly, full hookups, space for our larger rig and parking around for extra vehicle. Laundry and propane on site. Spaces were a little close together, but minutes from downtown St. Louis, and staff was friendly and accommodating. Also, fantastic restaurant right on site -- Sawmill BBQ!

Camping

Likes: Onondaga state park campground is one of my favorite camping spots in central Mo. The campground is very nice and clean and pads are level and all concrete with 50amp service and water hook ups. Very peaceful and friendly people. Dislikes: I’ve camped in a dozen sites at least there and never had a problem when it rained a little bit (rains ever time I go camping seams like!!) last week I stayed in site #65 and it sucked!!! The site has no run off and all the water collects on the concrete pad so there we sat. Walked out of camper and at least 2-3” inches of water stood on concrete pad with mud everywhere!! Finally after a day are so I couldn’t take it. ( I have 2 boys that wanted outside as well as myself) I went and bought shovel and started digging little ditiches so water would run way from camper.. With it being October it didn’t get real warm so the water was there for three days.. The one day it did get nice and sunny the yellow jackets and lady bugs where so bad that you had to watch every move you made.. The next day the camper was covered on the inside with lady bugs everywhere.

I will definitely return camping there but will avoid site #65

Halloween Bash is big here!

Stayed over the weekend for our final trip of the season, great staff and facilities here. They really do pack in the campers though, extremely crowded and tight. The family atmosphere was incredible here, lots for the kiddos to do in this park. A little too crowded for us empty nesters.

Really nice!

I rolled in about 1030 with my daughter and dog. Very well lit, very clean and very easy to get in and very secure with a ton of cameras. Also has a really nice dog area. Was a bit concerned if my power would be on since the place isn't manned by someone, but it was and since it was so well lit it was a fast hookup. Totally recommend this place!