Airport Drive, MISSOURI

Camping Missouri Airport Drive

Most Recent Airport Drive Camping Reviews
This place is not safe!!!

Horrifying. A huge fight broke out in the late night cove on Friday and staff handled it very poorly. There was a Very large guy shouting for people to wake up, and to come fight him, during quiet hours and was going threw everyone stuff while everyone was asleep! He even opened a tent while a girl was In there unclothed and started shouting about it!!! And the staff got into the girls faces that were saying the guy was going through their stuff.. not the guy who was going threw their stuff and caused the entire fight. the cops finally kicked him out about 2 and a half hours after he started the fight between everyone and then about 30 mins later, a car rolls through and they shout“I hope you know how to duck” talking about shooting the place up!!!! No one On the staff was patrolling during the night so they didn’t even know what was happening… There was no way to get ahold of the staff, we had to call 911 and it took forever for the cops to get there! We were so scared. It was a ton of people screaming at each other from 330-530 am… the bathrooms are shared male/female, so there is literally piss everywhere. The bathrooms don’t lock and the door is too far away to just hold it shut, and the toilet paper was gone by about 8pm Friday night.. we bought 2 pair of water shoes from their store and they both fell apart by the end of the day.. The river had no current, so you had to paddle. And there were spots that were too shallow and everyone had to get out and u had to drag the raft.. There was no“floating down the river” The river also had a ton of branches and turned over trees, it’s very dangerous if you are not watching what you are doing, so how does that go hand in hand with a bunch of drunk people? We watched several people flip because they didn’t know how to handle these trees.. there were no signs anywhere so you have no idea where you are, how far you’ve gone, or how far you have left to go. And now today, 1 day after floating, I am covered in rashes from the water. Just overall a very unsafe experience.

Popular campground

The Rv sites are very crowded and no extra space to park your car or boat. Bathroom and bathhouse is nice. It’s a nice place to camp if you don’t mind having close neighbors.

Perfect for Our Needs

Stayed in campsite #5 in a rooftop tent. Level spot. Heavily shaded. Lots of trees for hammocks. Immediate access to the lake from this site for our kayaks. Short distance from bathrooms/shower house. Plenty of showers and bathrooms (both family style and community style options available). We were there in mid July and we had a pleasant cool breeze off the lake and not much of an insect problem. The only negative issue we had was that the fire ring hadn’t been cleaned out in a while. We had a ton of ashes we had to clear out ourselves just to be able to build a fire and as we walked around we noticed other fire rings were much the same. Some even had a lot of trash left in them. Also sketchy cell service and check in time is 6:00 pm which is kind of late. Overall, though, a great experience!

Not ideal for tent campers

My husband & I stayed in June. The camp was right off a main road & hwy access. There was a handy grocery store/gas station literally right next to campground. You could hear cars throughout the night, including a trash truck that emptied the dumpsters in very early morning before the sun was up.

The toilets & showers were clean. It was a fine place for RVs. Several of them were living at the campground. The RVs & open area made it very unpleasant for primitive camping. Fishing is supposedly good, but fish are very used to fishermen. You could throw a line right in front of them without getting a bite.

They offer float trips. They allow public access in the evening hours, which makes for more people at the water’s edge. I think for those staying in town, it’s a good way to get some river fun without camping.

For me, I want trees & a little privacy. If you have an RV & some kids, I’m sure you’ll enjoy.

Great location

The online reservation page said this place was full with no availability. I called them and they said they did have some spots. The people here are nice and the restrooms/showers/laundry room are very clean! Neighbors to our left had been here for a couple months and had a big dog that they didn’t clean up the poop very well and we about stepped in it many times. The swimming pool is a little small but my kids love it! My 2 year old was able to learn to swim better in it. Cute spot that’s in a convenient location!

Great location for float trip

Have camped here several times over the years and we have a large party that camps and floats together every year. This place is definitely a party camp. There is a general store on site that also sells food and ice cream. They definitely have you packed in there on the weekend and there are small cabins to rent if you are not a camper but want to float.

Great location for swimming in the river

Camped here last weekend with RV site. Sites are large and widely spaced. Gravel pad and pretty level. There is a camp store and a small shack that sells shaved ice. Gas station and country grocery store next door. Well patrolled and owner on site. There are small cabins to rent and several tent sites.

Reliable

My family has had a membership to this resort since about 1996. As leadership changes the quality fluctuates, but it has always been a reliable campground. The indoor and outdoor pools are always fun. Was not very excited about my latest interaction with the office staff, but oh well. The spots are all pretty level and decently maintained.

Awesome park.

This place is a great place to sit back and relax. Want to watch a old time outdoor movie drive in. Its a couple of blocks down the road. They have a pool and pavilion.

Nice Area

I love the area! The host are nice and the area is very quiet.