The best DRIVE IN camping near
Nicholson , MISSISSIPPI

This Black Friday Try Pro Free for 6 Months

Most Recent Nicholson Camping Reviews
Quiet Country Setting

We stayed 2 nights and loved it. It is a quiet country feel just minutes from downtown Biloxi and the casinos. We went to the dock to buy fresh shrimp right off the boat. Thanks Mary!

Private and Quiet

This park is a bit off of I-10, but well worth the little detour. If we had stayed longer, we would have explored the town a bit more and looked for seafood, but if we're in the area again we will definitely stop here again. The staff is friendly and the sites are huge. There are plenty of trees to keep things private. They also offer firewood for sale, if you want it.

Our First RV Trip

We just bought our first RV a 32’ class C. I booked a premium site with sewer. The campground was very clean and well kept. My site was relatively level and was easy to back into. The only minor issue I had is the sites are very close to each other, I would prefer to have more room between them. We went to the pier on the lake front and also hiked one of the many trails. All and all it was a very good outing and I would camp there again.

Great state park for camping

We had an incredible time, the campground and facilities were great and the camp hosts were the best!!

Choot’m

This place is crawling with gators in the lower portion on the lakes. Hey this is south Louisiana. Tubing down the River is a big attraction. Nice park.

Nice resort with lots of amenities

This resort is a nice resort offering lots of amenities. All the sites are concrete pad which makes its very hot in summer and feels sorta like a parking lot at times.

The drawbacks I had is that not all rules seemed to be enforced which makes it dangerous at times. Also don't like that if you have a credit on your account, they will not refund you your money. They use it as a credit on your next visit. This is fine if you come every year or so, but if only passing through …

Worth the money

My boyfriend and I car camp and try to stay in primitive areas for the lesser (or no) fees. This site was $15 for primitive camping but included a water spigot as well as port-o-potties. There were also fire rings at each camping site.

We stayed here during Halloween and it was pretty crowded. We prefer more secluded camping sites, and this campground provides plenty of space despite being so packed. There were several RV campgrounds that had decorations and trick-or-treating.

We didn’t have any problems with rowdy kids or quiet time. Everybody was mostly respectful. We did encounter coyote, deer, and lots of talkative geese, so be prepared for some wildlife interaction.

Not as expected or advertised

Let me preface this review with:

• We were onsite Friday through Monday, Halloween weekend 2020.
  • Hurricane Zeta had just hit a week before.

The good:

• Cheapish for a city.
  • 10 minute Lyft ride to the French Quarter.
  • The owner was onsite daily doing repairs.
  • Large pad sites

The bad:

• The bathroom/shower facility is under repair, and is unusable.
  • The laundry room has no power or lights except for the machines themselves.
  • Half the fence around the park had fallen in. Some do to a tree that fell on it, no doubt cause of the hurricane.
  • Half of this park is a pretty rough full time trailer park.
  • As someone else stated, there is a thriving racing community on the next block that goes until near midnight everyday.
  • The front gate was never closed or locked.
Fun place

Nice campground with pool. Just across the road from the beach. It’s a bit of a hike so a bike is nice to have here. Good central location. The staff was very nice.

NOLA

As stated in other reviews this KOA is close to town and very convenient. But it's noisy. Traffic, trains, airplanes and construction noise, you've got it all here. Bring earplugs if your tent camping. The staff is super friendly though and the amenities are very nice.