Camping in Crown

Crown, Minnesota

Recent Tent Cabins Reviews Near Crown, Minnesota

155 Reviews of 21 Crown, Minnesota Campgrounds

Lots of traffic

Constant traffic that kicked up dust around the one way loop. But the beach was lovely. And facilities were nice too. Loved catching bugs!

Friendly

Watch out for stinging nettles! Campsite 100!

Don G.

Quiet & Safe

Woodsong is a beautiful, gated RV campground. It’s has an amazing patio pool and raised hot tub. The basketball court, checkers/chess court, and playground are pleasing and fun for the grandchildren. They strictly enforce the rules on noise and speed. We like that! Our grandkids are safe and…

• Great Sites
  • Raised Hottub
  • Full size chess and checkerboards
Site48a
Bret S.
Reviewed Jul. 13, 2021

My favorite county park anywhere

Just a beautiful campground. Lots of privacy, plenty of space. On a trail system that you can ride around the lake (3 miles) or all the way into Minneapolis if you’re adventurous. Fantastic beach.

SiteA05
Don C.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Jul. 8, 2021

A decent self service first come first served location.

This is a pretty nice little self service first come first served campground on the edge of Chengwatana State Forest. Clean toilets and nice shady spots, most of which are quite private. However, if it is peace and quiet your looking for, plan on using one of the hike in sites in the forest. My…

• Towering Pines
  • Snake River
  • Bridge over the Snake River
Site#1
Chrystina G.
Reviewed Jul. 8, 2021

Raspberries everywhere!!

Beautiful site, wish the river was higher for fishing. Just a mile or so walk to the Saint Croix River. Camp grounds have restrooms, water (have to boil or purify it) Camp ground manager comes around and has firewood for sale. I'd say it was worth the price of $17/night. Watch out for bears though.

D
Reviewed Jun. 22, 2021

Lots to do

Huge lake, many things to do, mostly quiet family camping

SiteB7
Reviewed Jun. 20, 2021

Campground with falls

Nice campground close the cities. This was a large campground with 3 different loops. Loop 200 didn’t have a shower house, will need to use the one in 100 loop. For the size of the campground, it should have 2 dump stations and potable water fill ups. The hiking and falls were great. Good cell…

D
Reviewed Jun. 19, 2021

Algorithms don't make for good customer service!

I made a reservation over 3 months before my stay. When I arrived, I was given a site that backed up to a very busy road. There was also no shade on the site and I was 3 feet or less from my neighbor. Many of the reviews mentioned nice shade trees but not all sites have them. When I asked the owner…

JThe Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Jun. 15, 2021

Great one night stop

Great place to stop and rest when traveling through the twin cities. Great price for full hookup.

SiteA26
Jenna W.
Reviewed Jun. 14, 2021

Went camping for the first time, with 2 kids (8 and 4). Bathrooms were clean, there was a beach and playground nearby. Enough shopping nearby also to replenish groceries but feels woodsy. Nice nature area nearby as well.

k
Reviewed Jun. 14, 2021

Tons of fun and beautiful !

Awesome river sites, friendly staff, 15 minutes to grocery store. Spacious and spread out , with sun and shade. Great atmosphere!

• All set up
  • Hubby fishing in the mighty Mississippi
  • Evening camp fire
SiteM30
E
Reviewed May. 28, 2021

Meh

Not especially welcoming and a little run down. Our site was nice because we had an end site, otherwise sites are on the small side. The playground could use some revamping and the pool area was closed and looked sketchy. The location was perfect for us, but I doubt we will ever go back.

Nettie W.
Reviewed May. 27, 2021

Lots of trees and seasonals

Navigating around trees was not so fun with our 5th wheel. We got the slideouts to fit in between the trees. A drive around showed many seasonal, if not permanent, trailers and campers. A golf cart would be best for getting around. Fishing pier, swimming beach and rental boats close to the office.…

Teek D.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed May. 17, 2021

Private camping only

Not open to the public anymore.

SiteN/A