The best BOAT IN camping near

Most Recent White Birch Estates Camping Reviews
Basic national forest campground

Fire ring. Pit toilet. Near the River. Calming sound from the river

Family-Friendly

I went to Pentoga many years as a kid, always a good time.  They have a decent playground and camp store, the beach is great for swimming and the lake for fishing.  They have a dock to jump off about 50' out, and another with a diving board about 200' out.  There are trails and a lot of history to discover, it is quite crowded though…

Decent campground

This is a nice campground if your looking for a decently quiet crowded experience. I’m a backpacker so it’s not my thing but it was great short notice and the caretaker was really cool and a super nice guy! A lot of loud ATV’s at night but it wasn’t awful!

Words Cant Describe!

But I will try. Camp reminds me of summer camp as a child. Unpaved path to the showers, beaten old boat shed, old camp busses, and so many friendly acquaintances.

Cramped camp sites, nice lake

This was our last and least favorite campground of our week long MI trip. If the weather had been warmer I think we would have had more fun here because the beach and lakefront is gorgeous, but it was too cold to swim. Campsites in the modern campground are small and very close to one another, plus it seemed as though the modern campground was full of giant rigs and trucks. This made for cramped roads and little space to maneuver even our small camper. There are some bike trails that lead out of the park but they don't really go anywhere, they just ended about a mile down the highway. There was a bike park that kids were taking bikes and scooters on that looked fun. There are several playground areas, which was fun for the kids.

Great!

We went for 1 quick night and it was perfect. First come first serve sites on water, good fire pits and grill. amazing.

Enjoying the B Loop

Nice shaded and level lots. The B loop is close to hot showers and clean bathrooms. Plenty of room between neighbor campers. I enjoyed the hiking trails. Grocery and hardware store is close by.

The perfect quiet campground

Our favorite campground! Great upkeep, the sites are a perfect size, and people are generally very kind and respectful.

Out in the sticks!

This campground is out there. With sites right next to the lake, you’re sure to enjoy some of Wisconsin’s beautiful north woods.

Nicest of the 5 we stayed at

We took a week long trip and toured Michigan. We spent 2 nights at Van Riper, the other campers were nice, the playset was large, and the beach was nice. The beach was steps down to the access (difficult with a wagon- we didn’t know), and the bathroom wasn’t the cleanest during our stay. The stars were gorgeous.