Kingsville , MARYLAND

Most Recent Kingsville Camping Reviews
Great stay

Close to Hershey World, nice campground mid week nice and few campers. Nice staff, trash pickup at site, friendly escort. Check-in process very through, be prepared with drivers license and plate number. Site was spacious, clean and trees between sites so you don't feel crowded in. Would recommend.

Solid family and friends campsites

The individual campsites are decent for a light camping experience. The hiking trails are great. The rivers for kayaking a real nice. Would recommend. Only warning is unless you rent 2-3 campsites you will be close to other campers as the campsites are in groups of three right next to eachother.

Owned by liberals that are just mean

I’ve never written a bad review but this place needs to be aired out for how they treat people.

I called this campground several days in advance and talked to someone on the phone and asked if I needed to make a reservation for Friday. I was 38’ and needed 50amps and a sewer dump. The nice lady on the phone said we should have plenty of spaces. I don’t like to make the reservation if I do not have to just Incase we don’t make it as far as we had planned.

Upon arrival I walk into the check in front desk area and the lady working behind the counter quickly states “you can’t be in here without a mask on”. I ask her if she has one because I do not. (I suppose I should have kept some with me but the reason for this trip was to deliver my Motorhome to the new owner and we packed super light to not have a ton of baggage to fly home). She did huff and walk over and give me one from a large pile the had at the desk. Then I told her I needed a spot for the night 50 amps with a clean out. She goes over to the reservation pile and asks what my last name is. I told her I had not made a reservation but I had called a few days ago and the lady on the phone said there should be no problems and will be vacancy. This irritated her for whatever reason. She told me well we only have 30 amp with no sewer. I just figured that they had an unexpected rush of people and it was my fault for not getting a reservation. I told her okay I’ll take it but do they have a 30amp to 50 amp cord I could rent? She quickly snapped and said I have to purchase it. I said I would hold off as maybe the fella that was buying my motor home May have one from his last rig. No big deal. She gave us a map of the park and showed us where to park.

So the directions she gave us to the spot was wrong to start off with but hey mistakes happen. So we get parked in our spot and notice the park has quite a few open spots. I walked over to the row right behind us and there were 10 open spots in a row that had 50 amp service and clean outs. Well we then went back up front because the new owner didn’t have a 30 to 50 amp adapter and asked if they were sure there wasn’t any open spots that had 50 amps because I had seen plenty of open ones. She just snapped at me no. I told her I would take the 30 amp to 50 amp cord because my Motorhome was setup for 50 amp. She went to the shelf and handed it to me and charged me $25. I didn’t even look at it to make sure it was the right one and headed back to the campsite. Well it was the wrong way. It was 50amp to 30amp. (Because most of their sites seem to be 50 amp 😂). On the way back up I checked a couple of other empty sites and as you would think they were ALL 50 amp. When I went back into the front office I told her that I needed the other adapter that this one was wrong I also didn’t have my mask as it fell in the dirt and I was over the antics. At this point another fella was in there that I think was her husband (she had also told me earlier she was the owner) she mumbled “he doesn’t even know what he needs”. I quickly said. Well you gave me the wrong one. And I again I asked about ALL the other 50 amp sites that were open. The guy at this point said with a raised voice “we are completely booked”. I just left.

This place has the worst service and the worst staff ever. I wouldn’t camp here if I were paid to.

I have enclosed a photo of the row behind us that all had 50 amp service with clean outs. Nobody ever showed in the 15-20 spots I just quickly looked at. This place is a joke and owned by your typical liberal haters.

Avoid this place

Somewhat quiet, clean and friendly

Staff is very friendly. Bathhouse is clean but ran out of toilet paper often; they supposedly clean 3 times a day since COVID but we didn’t see that happening on a regular schedule while we were there.

We loved that our site had a path directly to the bathhouse. This meant there wasn’t any foot traffic from people wanting to shower or use the restrooms. Easy access to the utility sink for dishes, too!

There seemed to be a lot of campers in the surrounding lots and still, everyone was quiet between the quiet hours.

Our specific site was supposed to have a tent pad but there wasnt a spot cleared for our tent and we had to move the heavy picnic table so we weren’t putting up our tent on top of the fire ring. We also had to use a paper plate to rake as many rocks and gravel from the site so we could put up our tent without ripping it.

We bought their firewood for $5/crate and it was really wet. It was challenging to get a fire going, which was frustrating. Ended up not being able to have a fire the last morning there and gave away our leftover firewood.

Probably my biggest complaint is that several times, the park maintenance truck drove down the loop where we camped. Our kids are running around and playing and the only vehicle that sped past every time was the park crew vehicle. All other vehicles (belonging to visitors) were respectful and drove slowly. It surprises me that with families camping here, they wouldn’t be more cautious.

All in all: for our first time camping here, it was a decent experience. I don’t know that we’d go there again, but it was a fun one-and-done trip.

Out of the way with great hiking

Two loops. One has a few sites with electric and some cabins. Potable water is available in several places on each loop. The bathhouses are rebuilt recently and are very nice. Some walk in tent sites. There are lots of long scenic hiking trails down to Deer creek and to the Susquehanna River. There’s a great bike trail to the Conowingo dam which is a nice place to visit, and a great place to see lots of eagles. There are amazing wildflowers on that trail. You can bike to the trail from the campground. All downhill. So be ready for the climb back up. One trail has two amazing specimen trees. There’s a working, renovated mill and home at the river also.

Lots of camping, full hookups, lots of activities

There’s a ton of camping at Elk Neck, including a loop with full hook ups. In the full hook up loop pay close attention to the lengths specified. The actual pads are fairly level but some of the driveways to them are very sloped. Long rigs will have issues in a few of the sites.
There’s a camp store, boat ramp, swimming, fishing and lots,of great hiking. Definitely drive to, and then hike to the light house (open most weekends) the light house and the view are definitely worth it.

Owner & Office staff very rude

The owner& office staff at this KOA are rude, crude,& obnoxious. On August 3,2020 while I was in the waiting room to see my Oncologist for my Bladder Cancer, I went online to book a 3 night stay at the Elizabethtown/ Hershey PA KOA for August 14th- 17th. it was around 10:30AM. I booked& confirmed the stay, after seeing my Oncologist, I went home and found out that our camper which was in the shop for warranty work was not going to be ready as promised. They were waiting on parts& because of the pandemic they had no idea when the parts would arrive. I waited until the Friday before our trip to check on our camper again. It was not going to be ready in time for our trip. I called the KOA and spoke to what sounded like a young female. She told me that the cancellation confirmation will be emailed to me, but not right away. I received an email from them a few days later on Wed Aug 12, it was a guest policies update about covid- 19. I called them and told them about this email& told the lady that I had cancelled on August 7th. She told me that they had no record of my cancellation. Someone will look into it and get back to me. I talked to the office lady the next day& I was called a liar.I asked to speak to the manager& was told not available, I asked to speak to the owner& was told not available either. I told her that I have the phone record on my phone and that I cancelled at 12:22 pm on Aug 7, 2020. This was within their 7 day cancel period. She said someone will look into it a little further& return my call. Later that day, I talked to the office lady again and things got loud on both ends, then they hung up on me. I called back a few minutes later& they denied hanging up on me. I finally was transferred to the manager. I had to explain everything again. They were still denying that I canceled. She said they will issue a refund. The next day, I had to call back again because they withheld$10 for cancellation fee. I told them that I was VIP and don't get charged this fee. I explained all that had transpired to this person& mentioned that I was going to book another trip there next month after I get my camper back. She apologized for all the problems and was being real nice. After I got camper back, I went online and booked a site there for Sept 17th. A few days later, I get a Email from the owner, Mr. Karl Schmidt. He tells me" that because of the way that I handled the previous reservation and the subsequent cancellation, I decided to have my manager cancel your latest reservation, to allow you the opportunity to find a better suited campground for your needs" I responded to his email& suggested that his people weren't being honest about what had transpired,& letting him know of my phone record showing that I had called to cancel when I said I did…. I'm not sure why he didn't like me booking online? but, Karl Schmidt chose to ignore my email. At the very least, this man Karl Schmidt owes me an apology! Camping is very important to me, especially during this pandemic. I'm disabled, this man violated my rights by canceling my reservation without talking to me personally. He heard one side of the story& made an executive decision. Besides the Bladder Cancer, I have heart blockage, I have COPD, I've had 5 back surgeries, 2 neck surgeries, I have a neck fusion, a low back fusion,& a spinal cord stimulator surgically implanted. I'm high risk for covid and camping is an activity that I can control my own safety. I HAVE DOCUMENTATION THAT ALL OF THIS IS TRUE. MY ADVICE IS TO STAY AWAY FROM THIS CAMPGROUND!!!

Pretty views & super clean

Overall, we enjoyed our August 2020 stay at Elk Neck State Park. We stayed in the North East Loop as we needed both pet-friendly and electrical hook ups. During our hikes, we discovered that the tent sites have some truly amazing water views (particularly Miles Loop sites 169 and 173).
The bathrooms were immaculate in our loop, although the hot water heater was not working. Staff was friendly and kept their distance. The lighthouse was a nice flat hike and made for pretty pictures. We were disappointed to discover that there was a do not enter advisory for the beaches, as there was high bacteria content at the time. We did take a walk down to look at the beach, and to be honest, we probably would have passed on it anyways. Loud music and lots of litter. We don’t travel to the same site more than once, but the kids have both asked to come back to this one!

Well spaced and maintained full service RV sites

Only came through for a weekend but the sites were well maintained, and felt separated enough to have some privacy. Staff were amazing about maintaining safe conditions for campers. All possible precautions seemed to be taken.

Great Campground, huge sites!

At arrival we went straight our site,68. Large paved pad and huge grassy area around it. Trees around but none directly on the lot keeping us shaded and exposed and different times of the day. Very quiet. Fishing dock, and walking path. Across the pond is boat rentals and a zip lining. Great area. Def adding this to the list of places to return!!