Holly Hill , MARYLAND

Camping Maryland Holly Hill

Most Recent Holly Hill Camping Reviews
Nice place

Little Bennett has spacious RV and tent sites as well as cabins and yurts. It's very clean and well maintained. Lots of hiking within the park and many activities for kids. We were very impressed by their covid safety. Will be back!

Outward Bound

My daughter went with them to the appellation trail in western Maryland this is the local headquarters for outward bound and not really a campground but they do have a rock wall and they take inter city teens camping all over the state an expose them to the great outdoors

Backcountry with Trail Access

This site is perfect for first time backcountry campers. A two mile trail leads to several campsites that are spaced widely apart. Easy access to rivers/water source. Sites 3 and 7 were my favorite.

Beautiful park

We stay here at least 6 trips a year. Nice layout, not all sites are level (half). Staff are always nice and go out of their way to help.

*Temporarily Closed*

Searching for camp spots for the weekend and just found out this one is temporarily closed (writing this on 4/14/21). Hope they open again because it looks awesome! 🔥

First time excellence

As a first timer, I wanted to show my girlfriend a good time for her birthday weekend. This park had everything you could want while maintaining a good distance from civilization, which was a smooth transition for me. The staff and campers were great and we even got to see the cub scouts doing a relay course. The trails were nice and clean and despite the weather, the overall grounds were beautiful. Definitely bringing the kids back to his one.

Great campground hidden away in the city. Clean sites include table and fire pit. Restrooms were clean, closed daily for cleaning between 1 pm - 3 pm. Two showers were included but didn’t use it so not sure about pressure or heat. The ranger delivers firewood to your site within about 10-15 min of calling, which was very convenient. Cost was $5 for 8 logs. Dump station and trash were just outside of the loop. Site 6 was good but not for larger rigs. We have a pop up and had to navigate around a tree that would have been very difficult for larger rigs. Site 5 or 7 wouldn’t have that problem. Bring bug and tick spray - definitely need it! We hiked the brown trail and it was a nice walk. We have AT&T and had two bars pretty consistently. We would stay here again.

too many, too close.

Good Sam recommends this campground?

Location on river/bay is good (hence the two stars).

Bathhouses are in disrepair (lost a star).

River is spilling onto some sites (lost a star).

Too many Mobile homes and campers on top of each other, most old (lost a star).

I wish I had loved it.

So good I did it twice

Being just barely off the beaten path, I wasn’t expecting all too much from the one night stay over planned heading from New Jersey to Shenandoah in Virginia. I was surprised at the quiet, understated beauty of the forestry around the perfectly level campsite. With on-site electric hookup, and amenities including dump, water fill, garbage and recycling easily accessed on the way in/out, all creature comforts were there for enjoying. Took a fairly easy hike down to the river and even went for a swim. Loved it so much, I stopped on the way back home again!

• Stayed Fall 2020
Great Base to Explore the Area

We followed the signage to the park and took Bull Run Post Office Rd off Lee Hwy. But, then there was a decision point after crossing back over I-66 on whether to turn left at the Shooting Complex sign or go straight. Our RV GPS said turn left, but Waze and Google Maps said go straight so we went straight. This led us straight to the campground where check-in was easy. We then proceeded to pull through site 4 with water& 50 AMP, which was a nice long and spacious site. All the pull through sites along the main road in this area are spacious. There is a really good mix of sites in this large CG from basic tent to FHUs. FHU sites 105, 107, and 117 would be great sites with lots of space into the woods. Most of the uneven numbered sites on that loop are FHUs with most suited for large rigs either as a pull through or really easy parallel to road back-ins. There’s no public Wifi. We got a lot of OTA channels to include the major networks. For phone service, we got 2 bars each on Verizon and AT&T. There is a lot to do at this park to include a disc golf course and water park during summer season. There’s also a camp store that sells some camping supplies; hats, t-shirts, snacks, ice and firewood. This regional park also has a shooting complex that is located near the back of the park. We saw previous reviews complaining about the noise from this shotgun(trap, skeet,& sporting clays) complex. If you are worried about the noise, stay towards the front of the CG where we were and you can hardly hear the range. We enjoyed the multiple marked trails throughout the CG and surrounding area. Interesting that at the bathhouses there was a posting on burn bans until 4:00 PM but this information was not listed on the rules we received at check in? Good base camp to enjoy either the DC area and/or civil war battlefields and historic sites. The campground is tucked deep within Bull Run Park, so you barely hear any road noise. We would definitely stay here again.