Camping in Friendship Estates

179 Reviews of 25 Friendship Estates, Maryland Campgrounds

Laure D.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Jun. 14, 2021

Small and typically quiet

We camped here in early June on an unseasonably hot and humid weekend. Our site was the last site available when I made the reservation about 6 weeks prior. Site 9 is next to the bathhouse and across from the dumpsters. Neither was an issue. Sites are very well spaced out and there are only 15 in…

• Marina with 6 ramos
  • boat ramps as seen from bridge
BThe Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Jun. 12, 2021

Our New Homebase

We have lived in northern Virginia for over 30 years and never been to this campground until this month! Very nice campground with friendly staff and friendly campground hosts. Sites are comfortably sized and provide privacy as well as allow socializing. Restrooms are extremely clean and the…

PThe Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Jun. 10, 2021

Safe and Quiet

The porta potty’s were in rough shape, however the site was clear of trash and I felt safe while sleeping overnight.

Yvonne B.
Reviewed Jun. 2, 2021

I'll go again just for the showers

We tent camped there with 2 other families memorial day weekend. It rained the entire time but we still had a blast.

The best review I can give us of the bathrooms. They're with staying again alone. Locking doors, individual stalls. Hot dog. Best camping showers I've ever had.

Only draw back is…

• Showers. There's two shower sites.
  • Locking door!!
CThe Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed May. 27, 2021

Great Weekend Getaway

The campground isn’t too far from where I live but its far enough and quiet enough for a weekend getaway. The bathrooms were nice and clean throughout my stay and looked newly renovated.

singinajf@aol.com The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed May. 26, 2021

Quiet Spot

The staff and seasonal campers are all very friendly. The bathrooms are incredibly clean. We love all the games there are to play and the dog park is our favorite spot. Overall, it's peaceful and quiet in a nice, wooded setting.

• Dog Park
SiteD13
BThe Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed May. 24, 2021

Great place for a quick getaway

We just got back from spending the weekend here. We chose to spend our weekend tent camping and could not have been happier with our decision. My daughter LOVED being able to walk all trails. We were a bit disappointed the boardwalk was closed (but we still loved walking the rest of the trails).…

SiteCampsite C18
Darrel and Mary W.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed May. 24, 2021

Nice park

Nice quite park with plenty of space between camps.

Clean amenities. Pretty heavy rain that flooded some areas.

K
Reviewed May. 19, 2021

Great park

I have been here a few times with my family. We usually stay in site A because it’s not far from the camping store where the wood is. The wood is $6 and it is the honor system after hours. If you go to the camping store while it’s open you can pay for the wood with credit card. The bathrooms are…

singinajf@aol.com The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed May. 17, 2021

Great Spot

I enjoyed a nice, quiet stay here. There weren't many activities for kids but the hiking was great right from your site. The bathroom could use an update but it was clean.

CThe Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed May. 15, 2021

Great Campsite

This campsite was great! Its a nice site if you want to see both woods and water. At the site, I was able to see the woods while relaxing. I also loved that the sites are also spaced apart. There is also a beach trail which had a nice view of the Potomac River. The bathhouse was not the best but it…

• Beach Trail
  • Beach Trail
SiteB31
TThe Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed May. 15, 2021

This place is awesome!

I love this campground. It’s big, yet spread out, sites are really well kept and level (gravel). Many are shaded with trees, beautiful pool, laundry, showers, super kind store workers. Gated entry with live person working to greet you. Shuttle bus to take you to metro. We will be back!

bThe Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed May. 13, 2021

Camping close to civilization

We went tent camping with 3 friends. We occupied 2 camp sites. There was a clean bath house with showers. There was plenty of downed trees and limbs for firewood. If you like being close to stores, this is your place. We were 5 minutes from a grocery store and plenty of places to eat.

• waterfall
Siten/a
SThe Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed May. 5, 2021

Nice stop over

Quiet, peaceful spot. We had level pull thru gravel lot. Nice sized lots. Game room, exercise room, laundry room, mini golf, pond to fish

Sitea2
MThe Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed May. 3, 2021

Simple and quaint

Location is everything. Wineries, breweries, historic parks and buildings nearby. Park itself is simple, wooded and charming. Hiking trails, a playground, and pool are great for our family of six. The bathhouses are clean. We visit 2-3x a year. Fall is STUNNING!

• love the firepit