Limington, MAINE

Camping Maine Limington

Most Recent Limington Camping Reviews
Romantic Campground

Even with our three preteens with us, this campground has an air of romance. Happy sounds of children riding bikes, peaceful kayaking, spotless bath house… nearby EcoAdventures made this Glamping trip memorable.

Location amazing, nicest owners & staff ever, clean, organized, professional!

We stayed at the Naples, ME KOA in July and just booked it again for this August. I could write an extensive review telling you that all the amenities and sites were great because they are. Instead, I’ll tell you a quick story. Upon arrival to the campgrounds, it was close to getting dark. My husband and I were exhausted and RV rookies. We were personally escorted by the owner, Conrad to our site. He graciously showed us around our site. Right as he was leaving he turned around and said, “how about a pizza? You guys want a pizza?” It was like he read our minds and it was Christmas morning! 10 minutes later he returns with a pizza and didn’t charge us for it either. We stayed an extra night. Can’t say enough good things. Enjoy your stay!

Great Campground To Tube The Saco

We booked this site during the Independence Day holiday. It was wicked hot, but being right on the river made it easy to jump in and cool down. Our site was a good size, but in a tucked away dead end area of the campground. Part of the area we were in seemed to be a bit of a dumping ground for wood and ash cleaned up from sites. There was also a path down to the river for tubing close by. There is also a great big beach right on the Saco River that was excellent! At night they did wagon rides around the campground which our little ones really enjoyed. Not a bad campground overall, while it bills itself as family friendly it also very much a place to come and party.

Fantastic Family Campground Nestled in the White Mountains of New Hampshire

My family (my wife, two young sons and I) recently stayed here for a short getaway. As a side note, we had planned to stay here last year, but had to cancel. Having said that, I am more than happy with our choice to come to this jewel of a campground.

Located between the Ellis River and the Saco River, this campground offers so many fantastic amenities. One of the biggest ones that we took lots of advantage of is the swimming and tubing on the Saco River. Our campsite was located fairly close to the river and where you could put in to tube down river. One of the fun things about this is that at the far end of the campground is a place to take out. They have tubes to rent right there which was very handy. The campground also boasts a swimming pool, beach area along the Saco River, free mini golf, playground, golf cart rentals, a fully outfitted camp store and more. Typically when we camp in the White Mountains we like to get out and explore a lot; this is the first time we never left the campground.

The sites were nice and big, we reserved one that had water and electric as we have some new camping gear we wanted to try out. The campground itself was well maintained, plenty of restrooms and shower facilities spread throughout. The camp staff were very pleasant and knowledgeable. In fact after checking in, one of the camp staff came by because they had forgotten to remind us to take care of our food and gear at night as there are black bears in the area. I appreciated the extra care taken to pass along that information.

The campground switched over from a local family owned place to be under the Jellystone family. They have lots of activities to do during the day, especially for the kids. There are a lot of campgrounds in the area that bill themselves as family campgrounds, but really aren't. This is place truly is a great family campground.

As a side note, I want to also make a note about COVID-19 safety practices. There were lots of signs reminding campers to keep socially distant and recommended face masks. However, there were many folks who did not have masks on, including staff. New Hampshire doesn't have a mask mandate at the time of this review. I will say that our family felt safe and took our own precautions, but the campground has done a lot as well. This does not impact my overall review of the campground, I simply wanted to share this piece as it is relevant for those who may want to know.

Get your glamp on

Family and pet friendly, stocked store including adult beverages, very fun for kids, stuff to do like laser tag, float in pond, occasional live music in the field, overall the campground is well maintained and staffed. This is a glampground, keep this in mind, if your looking for a peacful Shangri-La seek another campground, if your looking to let loose and enjoy an amenity filled experience around other people, give this campground a try. I’ll go back again.

Best camp ground on the kangk

Covered bridge is the best I have been going there for the past45+ yrs the host have always been great. Sites are clean and good size. This camp ground is with in walking distance to the river, with a lot of spots just for you and what I mean is you may never see anyone else. Just spent a week up there with the family.

Group campsites serves as a good hiking base

This is a no frills National Forest campground with pit toilets and running water that offers several group sites. Some are large, open, and grassy (with nice sky views), while others are much more compact spaces. The group nature means it can be loud, particularly on weekends, but it was nearly empty when I visited in June 2019. Consider it as an alternative to roadside camping along Tripoli Rd.

This is a great base for the several of the 4000-footers (Tecumseh, Osceola, Tripyramid),, the Sandwich range, or more family friendly hikes such as the Welch Dickey loop. Waterville valley offers biking. And if you want ice cream after a long day on the trail, head to the Bear's Den in Campton.

Note that Tripoli Rd is closed during winter through mud season, until the road has dried out and necessary repairs have been made. It may not open until late May, so be sure to check the White Mountai. National Forest FB page and website for updates early in the season.

An absolutely gorgeous spot for camping and events!

I’ve been going to Thomas Point Beach for well over a decade for their annual Bluegrass Festivals on Labor Day Weekend. The festival, which has been organized by the campground owners for over 40 years, won the International Bluegrass Festival of the Year in 2008 from the IBMA.

This year, with COVID messing up all of my festival plans, I have spent a few weeks Thomas Point Beach so far and plan to make another trip soon. The owners are health-conscious, and have added hand sanitizing stations throughout the park. The grounds are finely groomed, and the staff is attentive with any question I’ve had. You will not regret camping here, or attending an event here.

Tucked well off the road

If you blink you might miss the sign for the camp grounds, hidden in the gas station sign. We again camped with family, we were able to face each other and had a nice space in between us. Pool was open, as well as laundry and bath house. Pool was refreshingly cold on the hot weekend we were there. Boys did some fishing, only caught a eel. The bath house was clean and showers were large and looked really nice! The owner fogged our site but it didn't help fire long. Those bugs out there are vicious. No amount of bug spray help me or the kids. The eagles were beautiful to watch!!

Our first outting!

We chose Lazy River as our first spot to test out our new to us camper. My husband complained about the noise from 28, it didn't bother me much. Having the river right there for the kids to fish and dogs to swim was great. We were all alone at the end of the field, and that was ok with us!!! Electric didn't come right on so my husband called the office and he came right down and fixed it. He apologized as it was there first weekend for the season. To us, it wasn't a big deal, kinks get worked out. Saturday rolled around and some noisier guests came in for the night, they were several sites away and sounded like they were having a great time, didn't bother us. The river must not have been too cold because a bunch of them swam earlier that day. I used our bathroom and shower in our camper, but my husband did say that the bathhouse near us was clean ever time he used it. Lazy River was recommended to us by a family member, for a low key campground to get out feet wet camping! We would come back again.