Berwick, MAINE
Most Recent Berwick Camping Reviews
heaven

More glamping than what I'd call "camping", but far & away our favorite place to go!!

Great size sites

Really liked this campground,large sites with full hookups. Beach and boat ramp with some cabins on the water. We stayed at site M-9 and M-10

Awesome, fun, clean

Great spot run by a gentleman named Keith, he’s been running it for years. Such a nice guy. Spot has great sites. I use tent sites, usually by the river. Spots are clean & roomy. Bathrooms are alway clean & showers hot. There are trails you can hike and explore. Just a really fun place to stay.

Wednesday camping

Awesome park. It was a quiet night and bathrooms where clean. Has spacious showers. Park rangers drive around campground often.

Great family camping

This is a wonderful place with lots of trees and sites that are reasonably spaced, if not all that private. There is a nice beach and a trail that goes around the entire small lake. It’s close to hiking trails and fishing spots and is clean and well run. There are flush toilets and hot showers available. We took the kids there for years and we all loved it.

Beautiful Campground!

We thoroughly enjoyed this campground with our grandchildren! So much for them to do. The beach and like was really nice too. Very friendly and helpful staff.

Family oriented camp ground quite nights

Loud campers will be asked to leave, there are three shower houses the one closest to main beach is the best with handicapped accessible shower stalls

Pools!

Great campground. The pools are amazing. Kid pools. Adult pools! Adult hot tub.

Nicely maintained

Sites are nice and the campground is nice and clean.

Clean and friendly! Great location and within walking distance to Weirs Beach.

Location, location, location. Nice private beach,clean and well maintained. Friendly.

Under construction

Apparently KOA recently purchased this campground and while there were newer facilities (bathhouses mostly) the place was still in need of lots of repairs. River and water slide was fun and they did provide us with a late checkout of 5pm but only because one of my children was covered in ticks from an nest that was on the ground and the other got poison ivy. I don’t recommend camping riverside because the mosquitoes were the worst I’ve seen in my life and I grew up in Maine so I know mosquitoes and how bad they can be. The adults only hot tub wasn’t working on our side which meant we had to go to the one by the water slide with tons of kids nearby. Not very relaxing if you ask me. Staff was friendly enough but definitely did not go out of their way to go above and beyond. Security drives by your campsite on their golf carts a million times day and night and stares you down.

Total Gem!

In a last minute attempt to get some camping in we ended up at this little spot. First of all, as we were driving we were passing all these other campgrounds that looked pretty run down and trashed. Enter Epsom Valley. What an awesome spot!! The owners were so relaxed and friendly, the spots were pretty spacious and the rules were very relaxed.

My friend and I wanted to do a sunrise hike up in the Whites, but due to work schedules could only get a start up after 6pm. My parents were able to set up the RV and we came in around 9pm, no problems and no extra charge for me, my friend or my dog.

Our campsite was nice and level, right next to a river (with free canoe use!) and even had hammock trees.

The facilities were beautiful and clean. The only thing I would have to say is their “playground” needs a little work. I don’t have kids but I don’t think I’d let them go there if I did. It looked a little sketchy.

But my FAVORITE part was what was called the “wilderness area”. AMAZING little tent sites! They were secluded but still had full hookups. This campground truly has something for everyone and we will be back!

Great place

Big rigs stay at the bottom of the mountain where it's flat and are close together. Upon arrival the nice ladies in the office gave me a campsite map and marked 4 sites that were available, asking us to choose one and let them know which one. Sites on the mountain are in mature trees and site surface is dirt. I didn't see any hookup pedestals in the traditional sense but they are there, sometimes on the backside of a tree. Same with water. You need to look around a bit. We received great info about the local area and where to catch commuter trains to Boston. Very helpful office staff. The bath houses are old, could use some paint but are clean and checked regularly. I thoroughly enjoyed this campground. We camped at Cape Ann Camp Site in a Travel Trailer.

Yurts!

Great, well maintained campground! The sites are close together but most spots are tucked neatly among the trees so it still feels like you're in the woods. Other campers were very friendly and respectful; we were there for the Fourth of July. Bathrooms are modern and clean.

We stayed in a "rustic" yurt (#47) - which had no water or electricity, but there was a spigot and outlet right across the road at the bathroom.  The yurt itself was well appointed, with things like bedding, a trash can, and even a privacy screen.  We brought sleeping bags to use, and ended up using them anyway.

$90/night might seem expensive for a campground, but considering this is so close to Ogunquit and the beaches, it's worth every penny for those who aren't looking to tent (or can't) and don't have a trailer.

Pay showers.

Privacy with space

This is one of my top campgrounds visited. The close location to dining, motorcycle rides, wide/grassy sites and quietness all contribute to a very good stay. The staff are very friendly and helpful if needed. Our 2 dogs had plenty of walking areas. There is a good looking pool but it just isn’t warm enough in ME for me to swim. If you have children, there’s a nice play area with really nice playground equipment. If you want shade, not much but you have plenty of space to just sit on your other side of your RV and use that for shade. If we make it back to Wells, we will choose this Resort again….that says a lot with all the options in the area.

Worst campground!

This campground does not even deserve the one star. When you first drive-in the potholes are ridiculous and the sites are unkempt. We would never stay there again!

Luxury Resort Glamping

We are tenters, this place caters extremely heavily to RVs. There are something like 750 sites, it’s a mini city! Extremely EXTREMELY well run, very clean and you will be spoiled rotten by glamping here. As such the prices are higher than other places. Initially we were given tent site 83, this was AWFUL, do everything you can to avoid this and similar numbers, it is directly across from the bathroom and they leave the very bright lights on all night. We ended up having to take some extra pup tent sides and create some shielding from the lights so we could sleep. It was so bad we couldn’t enjoy our fire, it was soooo bright!
We This location is also directly across from the dumpster and the sites are very cramped at times, we were practically on top of our fellow camper. She was lovely and we made it work we ended up needing to complain to the office due to drunk loud idiots at the site next to us the other was- the owner absolutely cared, he offered us a new site and even sent workers to help us move camp. He genuinely cared that we have a good experience and that’s why I’m giving five stars even though the first site sucked. There are heated adult only pools, several hot tubs, a store, cafe, and live entertainment. There’s playgrounds and fishing and kayaks. This is about as far from “nature” as you can get but it worked for us because I had to work all weekend so I wanted the extra luxuries. Showers and bathrooms extremely clean, water very hot, and dish washing stations behind the bathroom which strangely have no signs to let you know they’re there. This is a great place to being someone who isn’t so excited about camping to break them in.

Ranger Review: Midland Radio X-Talker T75VP3 2-way Radio @ White Lake SP

Campground Review

Friends and I have started a Memorial Day weekend camping tradition and during a visit here last fall two of us decided this would be our destination. White Lake has large sites, a gorgeous lake with a pair of resident loons, and proximity to the White Mountains National Forest (hiking galore, river, history), the Saco River (tubing, etc.), and Conway/North Conway tourist attractions.

The lake is clear, the swimming area is shallow for quite a distance so you can feel comfortable with kids, and there is a separate boat launch area. If you don’t have your own boats, they offer rentals of kayaks and paddle boats. On the day you leave, you can enjoy the beach, but you will have to park in the registration parking lot. You may want to bring bicycles or plan to walk a lot to get to and from the beach.

There are multiple loops, some offering water views. The water view sites are just that…views. There are some short trails leading to the lake from the sites, but for most of them they are down a little hill. A few of them even offer lean-tos.  Most of them can accommodate smaller RVs as well as tents. There are no hookups, but there is a dump station. Sites are close together. There are also a group camping area and a few family camping sites. Although many of the sites are reservable online, some of them are held back for walk-ins. Our sites are now first-come, first-served, but we reserved them last year. Memorial Day weekend, there were still vacancies, but during my Labor Day visit last year sites were full very early Friday morning. Quirky thing about the sites…the maps and the posts in loop 1 just show the basic number, but in the reservation system, loop one numbers are in the 100s (i.e. site 44 becomes site 144) No pets.

The bathrooms at the beach include flush toilets, but no showers. In the campground there are coin-operated (2 minutes/$0.25), hot and clean showers.  I also noticed that showers are available in the bathroom next to the campground store/office, but they are locked when the office is closed, so I didn’t get a chance to check them out. The bathroom serving our area (we were in A loop, sites 44 & 46) could use some maintenance. The toilets don’t flush well at all; the flushing mechanisms need to be replaced. They need to fix this (it was a problem when the season closed last fall, too) to earn that 5th star)

Our neighbor ran his generator ALL.NIGHT.LONG. the first night, but a ranger spoke with him the next day and he shut it off. He ran it during the 5-8pm time slot after that, but we didn’t have to deal with it overnight again. Glad that they addressed it. Your noise experience will vary depending on your neighbors. There are a lot of families here.

Our sites were large and level, but after we pitched our screen tent we realized there were ground nesting bees all over. They didn’t bother us, but it was disconcerting to see them lining the edge of the screen. A little online research showed us that they nest in the spring. It was late spring, so black flies were our biggest challenge! Plan accordingly.

There are some small stores, a gas station, and a Dunkin Donuts just outside the campground. Full shopping needs can be met in Conway and North Conway. During my two stays here (as an adult; apparently our family camped here when I was a kid, too), we kayaked, swam, hiked to Champney Falls, and another hike in the Ossippee area, and went tubing on the Saco (do this earlier in the year when there’s plenty of water on the river!). Mt Chocura is a great nearby hike.

Product Review: Midland Radio  X-Talker T75VP3 Two-Ray Radio.

As a ranger for the Dyrt, I sometimes  have fun opportunities to try out equipment while camping. For this particular trip, I was camping with several others and we anticipated times when we’d split up for a bit or hike at different paces, so it seemed like a great opportunity to test the Midland Radio X-Talker T75VP3 Two-way radio. I found it more challenging than I anticipated just to decide which radios to test. I had to learn a whole new vocabulary to understand the implications of the different specifications; once I received it, I needed to read the manual to figure out the various menu options and how to make the changes. I have a copy of the manual downloaded to my phone for easy reference!

Here’s why I chose this package:

• 1. I liked that the radios have rechargeable batteries and a charging base, both via USB. If the battery dies and you need a back-up, you can use AAA batteries. They charged quickly and I found the battery life was quite long on stand-by.
  • 2. They have long-range capability with high and low power settings, though you need ideal conditions to maximize this.
  • 3. I could use it on low power without a license.
  1. Weather: you can find the local weather forecast as well as receive weather alerts. I may not have cell service everywhere, but I can generally get the radio feed.

Real life:

It worked well over a mile with a combination of lake and trees. I arrived before others and went off to explore, so I left a radio at camp and asked them to radio me when they arrived. When we went hiking in the White Mountains, part of our group went faster than the others, so to radio allowed us to keep in touch even while traveling separately. These are not the staticky transmissions of my childhood walkie-talkies; messages are transmitted clearly and easily. We didn’t encounter any traffic on the radios, so we didn’t bother with the privacy codes.

Excellent Boondock

We’ve been coming here for quite a few years now and have always had a wonderful time. We don’t do the hookups and cramped in very well and BA has several awesome areas to park and just enjoy the area. They don’t publicize the non hookup areas but they are wonderful and generally a returning crowd of great folks.

Hidden Jewel

I probably shouldn’t even be writing this review because it may prevent me from being able to stay here again this summer, but this very basic campground gives you everything you need located across a parking lot from the beach. When families are paying over $2000/week to rent within steps of the campground. You can’t beat this value at this prices!

Great family campground.

This is our tenth seasonal year. It has been a great place to spend summers. The lake is beautiful, with lots of boating and fishing. The sites are good size and each has a fire ring and picnic table. Highly recommend.

Beachside camping in MA

The feel here is electric, and positive. Lots of RV’s that stay here all summer long. Feels like you are in a tight-knit community, very friendly folks, packed tightly together. Just fine if you don’t mind close quarters. Everyone gets so creative with their lighting/decor, it is fun just to walk around the campsite and admire just how well (and mobile) some folks live. The place comes to life as the sun sets, and stays very quiet during sleeping hours. A very short walk to the stunning beach. Perfect pit stop on a road trip north.

Outstanding campground

Very great campground. This location gives you a whole new look into old orchards scenery. During sunrise and sunset, the marshes reflect the sun and give the perfect picture for relaxation.

The bathrooms and showers are very clean, and the staff keeps the area very clean! We will return to this campground in the coming years.

Very small campground

It is small but bathrooms not so clean nd rundown kinda gross someone overdosed across from us and our children had to see this guy come out of tent on stretcher with needle in his arm still

Awesome ppl that work there ultra friendly campers and nice amenities

Love love love this place but the company that owns it encore they suck but the camp ground is ran by a person named tracie and she is so nice and runs the place she and her staff and the campers is the reason we all stay here.

Deep in the beautiful woods

Camped here two nights in 2015 en route to Maine.  Located in a 10000 acre forest preserve, the campground is heavily forested and very secluded from civilization.  We stayed on site 22, which was spacious and private from the other sites on either side.

We were there in the fall but the swimming area at the pond was very  inviting.  I also liked the sites across from ours near the ball field and thought they would make a nice place for a large group of friends to pitch their tents  (Sites 31, 32, 33, 34)

The bath and shower house was well maintained and a short walk from 22.

The camp store carried some great souvenirs, snacks, ice cream and even had a coffee machine for those traveling light and in need of a hot cup of coffee.

21+ only = quiet!

This is a beautiful campground with easily accessible sites, meticulously maintained grounds and it’s super quiet. Tons of walking trails through the woods, and around the pond. A very relaxing place. The owner Tom is one of the nicest guys you’ll meet. Oh, and he provides firewood for free!

Beautiful Location on the Lake!

Lots to do, Kayak, Swim, Hike and more. Very friendly staff, very scenic location many sites are on the water. Only drawback is you can’t bring your dog 😪.

99 % Seasonable Sites

All everyone does here is ride around in Golf carts with cases of beer and get drunk. Not my scene! It’s a underfunded trailer park.

Nice Wooded Campground in Awesome Area

We stayed at Harold Parker State Forest Campground during Memorial Day Weekend. Reservation through Reserve America was a breeze. Check in till 9:00 pm was convenient. Checkout by 11:00 am but we paid for an additional night to be able to leave at night the day we checked out. Totally worth it!

Nice large campsites. The sites’ privacy is very diverse. You could be tucked away from everyone or closer together depending on the site you choose but they are all pretty decent in size. All sites have water which is a plus. All have a fire pit/box, charcoal bbq and a picnic table. Most of them are drive in.

Quiet hours from 10 am to 7 am. No alcohol allowed (although I didn’t see an actual enforcement of this rule and guess it’ll happen only if people act out). Rangers are constantly patrolling. Felt pretty safe at night. You can’t bring wood. Bundles are $5 each and it burns really well.

Lots of biking/hiking/walking trails, a nice small pond/beach, boat access, a few basketball courts, a volleyball court and a common huge fire pit added to the fun. A ranger ran a program to teach about the area fauna which was pretty interesting for kids and adults alike.

Bathrooms were fairly clean although small and showers were free! Some sites were right in front of a lovely pond and there were many group sites available as well.

The location is pretty good. Salem, Andover, Boston Are accesible while staying here. Close proximity to Richardson Ice Cream which you CANT miss if you decide to stay.  They have cheap but amazing ice cream, mini golf and battling cages which was entertaining for my whole crew.

It rained a lot during one night of our stay and the site (301) did not flooded at all. All sites seemed in pretty good shape the morning after as well.

Beautiful and will recommend to families with small kids, groups and couples too.