Zachary, LOUISIANA

Most Recent Zachary Camping Reviews
Great Site

My boyfriend and I camped here in October and had a blast. We enjoyed that it was walk in but still had running water and hook ups.

Cool swampy place

I stayed on a solo trip overnight on the way to somewhere else, the loop of tent sites were all wet except one (wish I remembered sorry) it was super loud at night with swamp things. Rangers were super nice! Biked around a bit and went on all the walking trails, I’d suggest having shoes that can get trashed. It was quite muddy!

Good value

Very nice campground. Staff is always friendly. Good amenities. Very easy to park and a staff member always helps you park. Grocery store is about a mile away. Pool is open during summer and they added a covered playground for kids. I mean covered with a very large steel structure. The playground is covered with rubber mulch. We've been coming for years and we'll be back.

Good value

We stayed here this past weekend and really enjoyed our stay. The hiking trails are well maintained and easy to follow! We were able to kayak through a lot of water areas as well! The park rents canoes for people to use if you don’t have your own. We got to experience the Dutch Oven Society, which was GREAT!! If you are ever at a camp ground and they are around, you should check out their demonstration and sample all the great food they cook! The RV site was big enough for our bumper pull, but there was a large tree on the site that kept us from being able to put out the awning. Thankfully it was a nice weekend so it wasn’t missed. Also, the fire pit and picnic table was close to the road. We found it oddly placed. All the sites seemed to have tent pads and plenty of shade. Definitely bring some mosquito spray and citronella candles. The water everywhere brings them out! All in all, o would recommend this park! We had a great time and will go back!

Never Again

Dumpy place where people live in old units. Doesn't feel safe.

This is not Indian Creek Recreation Area, Please don't mistake the two.

The pictures on the banner are from Indian Creek Recreation Area. not Indian Creek Campground and RV Park

Want to camp soon

Kayaked the loop, it has been very rainy, trying to find a middle ground between dry firewood/ground and not being eaten alive by mosquitoes seems tough, but an overall great place to spend a day!

Great wma campsite

Nice nature feel to the campgroud..its primitive but does offer potable water for cleaning equipment and such..had a great time camping here

Couldn't believe I was in louisiana

Nice campsite..we had the area to ourselves..alot of hiking trails nearby for all different skill levels..the terrain is amazing couldn't believe I was actually in Louisiana