Slaughter, LOUISIANA

Most Recent Slaughter Camping Reviews
Packed in at Percy Quin

When our best friends and travel companions bought a camper, we couldn’t wait to all go camping together with our kids and dogs. A quick weekend getaway to Percy Quin was in order for us all. Because of our last minute decision to go camping, we had limited sites to choose from (especially neighboring sites). We ended up at sites 63 and 64 which were pretty close together, but we were happy with that since we knew our neighbors. The sites included sewer hookup, a picnic table, a grill, and an asphalt pad. There were no designated fire rings, so we made our own. Other sites that we thought looked nice for traveling with friends were 47/49, 50/52, 57/59, and 60/61.

Since this was a quick trip (and the weather was miserably cold), we didn’t get to explore as much as we would have liked. We did walk the dogs around the campground to see all of the campsites, the little chapel, and the lake. The boys did some fishing but didn’t get to do any catching on this cold November weekend. The campground was generally noisy and was completely packed for the weekend; however, it was pretty quiet at night. The sites were all quite close to one another, not affording much seclusion and privacy from other guests. Although it wasn’t our favorite campground close to home, Percy Quin was a good place for a quick getaway with our friends and kids, and we made some great memories!

Great Site

My boyfriend and I camped here in October and had a blast. We enjoyed that it was walk in but still had running water and hook ups.

Cool swampy place

I stayed on a solo trip overnight on the way to somewhere else, the loop of tent sites were all wet except one (wish I remembered sorry) it was super loud at night with swamp things. Rangers were super nice! Biked around a bit and went on all the walking trails, I’d suggest having shoes that can get trashed. It was quite muddy!

Good value

Very nice campground. Staff is always friendly. Good amenities. Very easy to park and a staff member always helps you park. Grocery store is about a mile away. Pool is open during summer and they added a covered playground for kids. I mean covered with a very large steel structure. The playground is covered with rubber mulch. We've been coming for years and we'll be back.

Good value

Never Again

Dumpy place where people live in old units. Doesn't feel safe.

This is not Indian Creek Recreation Area, Please don't mistake the two.

The pictures on the banner are from Indian Creek Recreation Area. not Indian Creek Campground and RV Park

Great wma campsite

Nice nature feel to the campgroud..its primitive but does offer potable water for cleaning equipment and such..had a great time camping here

Couldn't believe I was in louisiana

Nice campsite..we had the area to ourselves..alot of hiking trails nearby for all different skill levels..the terrain is amazing couldn't believe I was actually in Louisiana

Close to Downtown

County equestrian and RV park close to downtown. Stayed here recently while attending an LSU football game. They have a shuttle that provides round trips to the stadium. Nothing fancy about Farr Park, just convenient if you love horses and football.